Should Normal Mode be removed?

Random Fellow

Skeletron
At this point Normal mode is obsolete. Everyone does Expert and some moved to Master. Most people who play the game for the first time will play on Normal. When Expert is now what is the I feel is the main focus. People who play blind will miss out on a lot of content that is basically now in what people consider the main game mode. While I don't hate Normal mode, lets all admit it, we see it there when we make a new world, but then we go to the right one time and make our world, y'know. This would also be interesting to get some developer insight on it, so if someone can get a developer, I would like to see what they think. While I don't think Normal is useless, I feel like it can cause trouble to new players who want to play the game.

No, it really is a bad idea to remove the base difficultly from a game, expert mode is challenging and forcing new players to play it would just be silly. Even then new players can sometimes have problems with Normal mode, it took me a while to get used to normal, and even longer to get used to expert. If expert was the only difficulty it would've put me off the game when I first played it.

The opposite should happen. Expert QoL features like treasure bags should be put into normal. Expert-exclusive items are one thing but there's no good reason normal mode should be more annoying to play.

The opposite should happen. Expert QoL features like treasure bags should be put into normal. Expert-exclusive items are one thing but there's no good reason normal mode should be more annoying to play.
The Expert mode having extra drops is the point of having it be harder and the game even sstates that in the menu in the form of a refrence. "Fortune and Glory, kid" and I think it outright says something like more difficult challenges but better loot.

The Expert mode having extra drops is the point of having it be harder and the game even sstates that in the menu in the form of a refrence. "Fortune and Glory, kid" and I think it outright says something like more difficult challenges but better loot.
Good thing I said nothing about extra drops then

Normal mode its pretty good, no need to delete it.
Because people like me want to play without dying from air.
Even though normal mode doesnt give any rewards, you get ready for harder modes like expert of master.

Normal mode its pretty good, no need to delete it.
Because people like me want to play without dying from air.
Even though normal mode doesnt give any rewards, you get ready for harder modes like expert of master.
I agree that normal mode is pretty good, beside nothing stops one from plundering expert and master mode worlds If they feel like getting more loot.

@topic
The normal mode should stay, It's an alright world type. I play on It a lot.
Also, It's a lot less punishing at the start of the game, compared to expert and master mode worlds.
And doesn't exactly requires you to be a touhou pro player to survive in the game.

No because Normal Mode is the safest place to build as well. I'm actually considering getting an Expert world for the items and loot and keeping my Normal world for just building.

I love normal mode because it lets me play with silly "challenge" playstyles and weapons that expert would never allow me to. See: Vilethorn-type weapons only.

Normal mode is for the new ones in the game to start playing, and to "silly challenges" too, like yoyo only without the capacity of cheating using god mode or the difficulty let it almost impossible. Why would we remove the start of the game? Normal mode is perfect for new players, but also for casual players.

Back
Top Bottom