Should terraria have a lore?

• Yeah

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for there to be more lore. Not, like, outright quests and stuff like that - but maybe, for example, you kill the EoW and you can maybe see a guy it ate flying out as it dies, you find a abandoned mining hut and you find some sort of vague note, in the dungeon you find a book that you can read, stuff like that. Just things hinting at the idea that you're not alone in the world.
This kind of stuff is the kind of "lore" I can get behind- just subtle little hints like that. However, full-blown lore for the game as a whole isn't as fun as throwing in our own lore and just coming up with our own interpretations.

Honestly, I want it to be as outrageous and disconnected as possible. It's kind of like a sci-fi made-for-TV movie. Sure, it doesn't make sense at all, but it's totally awesome shooting a giant robot skeleton with a Gatling gun-shark hybrid.

I think we should just create our own lore pertaining to each individual playthrough. That is how it was initially designed to be, anyway. I always have fun doing it, since i'm a lore-kinda-guy.

Personally, I rather enjoy the ambiguity Terraria currently offers, and think it should stay that way. There has been some talk of a Terraria 2 that will be more lore-based rather than the sandbox-adventure that is Terraria.

A few more examples of minimalistic lore that could be cool
Right inside the dungeon, you can find the Old Man's room, there's broken furniture everywhere, the wall is covered in pentagrams and sketches of Skeletron, and if you knock the papers away with a hammer, you can see a pentagram written in blood on the wall. At night, before you kill Skeletron, it shines. After you kill Skeletron, it disappears.
In the Corruption/Crimson, chests could be replaced with dead adventurers/satchels/bags etc. Once you loot a dead adventurer, if you come back to him later, he's gone - maybe you could even see him at night as a zombie.
When you wear a set of items that represents a certain biome, the monsters in that biome are less aggressive to you, since they consider you their champion.

If lore were to exist in Terraria in the first place, it honestly probably wouldn't be that great, mainly just because of what type of game it is.

Fictional history, basically stories.

Not really seeing a good lore come up from this game since it's literally just a fantasy dump involving aliens, magic and all sorts of stuff you'd see in a somewhat generic book.
If it did have a lore (very low chance)
What would it be :p

A mess because there's dryads, undead, robots, and a whole other things that should never mix in places where a plot is being done.

A mess because there's dryads, undead, robots, and a whole other things that should never mix in places where a plot is being done.
guild wars has all three in one form or another
i don't think there are limits to what you can throw in the mix when making lore

guild wars has all three in one form or another
i don't think there are limits to what you can throw in the mix when making lore

As long as players don't mind the lore being a jumbled mess of nonsense, then yes, by all means, have lore for a multi-mythos game.

I'm not such a player, so I see a game like Terraria gaining a lore to be the equivalent of vampires gaining sparkling when under the sun.

What's a lore? ;(

115828.gif

This is Lore. Data's evil brother.
You probably have no idea, but that's ok. Lore was cool.

As long as players don't mind the lore being a jumbled mess of nonsense, then yes, by all means, have lore for a multi-mythos game.

I'm not such a player, so I see a game like Terraria gaining a lore to be the equivalent of vampires gaining sparkling when under the sun.
...i literally just gave you an example of a "multi-mythos" game that isn't jumbled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom