Weapons & Equip Should the throwing class be a full class?

Should it be a sub-class or a full class?

• Yes, it should.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No, it shouldn't.

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

v1tell

Skeletron Prime
The 1.3 update introduced a new class, with two new armor sets and a few weapons. But it is virtually impossible to complete the entire game as a throwing character, and it is considered a sub-class.

So my question to you is:
Should the developers at Re-Logic make the throwing class a full class with armor, hardmode weapons, and accessories?
Capture 2018-01-12 17_44_30.png

Last edited:
I have always wanted a full throwing class, as I feel it would expand gameplay and make for a really unique experience.

Absolutely not.

Is there any reason why they shouldn’t be changed? I personally think that it would be a good change because a lot of these just logically seem like they should be throwing weapons. Anyways though, I 100% Support this!

I have always wanted a full throwing class, as I feel it would expand gameplay and make for a really unique experience.

Is there any reason why they shouldn’t be changed? I personally think that it would be a good change because a lot of these just logically seem like they should be throwing weapons. Anyways though, I 100% Support this!
Stripping a class of its fundamental armory is a horrible idea.

I'm pretty sure it was stated that the throwing class was never meant to be a full class, only a sub-class.

Sure, it's more logical, but do so and melee will have half as many weapon options.
And what about the Daybreak? A throwing weapon amongst a melee-themed set?

I would not be against yoyos being converted into throwing, though, but only if throwing is then expanded upon with more armour sets and accessories.

Sure, it's more logical, but do so and melee will have half as many weapon options.
And what about the Daybreak? A throwing weapon amongst a melee-themed set?
So, I know that the melee class would be stripped with quite a few of its weapons, but if this were to happen, they should probably just remove the boomerangs, chakrams, and others of that sort. Nothing like yoyos or the flails, as that would take away too much. The Daybreak, on the other hand, could maybe have a normal spear attack along with its throwing one so it fits with melee better.

If these weapons mentioned WERE added to throwing class, this would leave an option for a few other melee type weapons. I’ve seen a few suggestions for whips or other new melee weapons that could possibly fit.

All in all, I would love a full throwing class and some melee weapons to be converted, but I would just recommend being careful about the melee weapons that are being converted.

I like the throwing expansion,but I don't like that ranger and throwing class will seperste. Throwing Class will stay a sub-class but needs expansion.

Daybreak is a solar weapon which is the melee pillars and a throwing pillar doesn't really work
[doublepost=1545395545,1545395349][/doublepost]
So, I know that the melee class would be stripped with quite a few of its weapons, but if this were to happen, they should probably just remove the boomerangs, chakrams, and others of that sort. Nothing like yoyos or the flails, as that would take away too much. The Daybreak, on the other hand, could maybe have a normal spear attack along with its throwing one so it fits with melee better.

If these weapons mentioned WERE added to throwing class, this would leave an option for a few other melee type weapons. I’ve seen a few suggestions for whips or other new melee weapons that could possibly fit.

All in all, I would love a full throwing class and some melee weapons to be converted, but I would just recommend being careful about the melee weapons that are being converted.
Good idea about the daybreak being a regular spear

I agree with the fact that Throwing should be expanded to a full-out class. It would add a completely new way and style to play the game in HM. I do not think certain melee weapons should be converted into Throwing, as that would upset the game's balancing A LOT. Also, throwing would also need to have an endgame set. Perhaps it could be a variant of the Vortex Helmet or any of it's pieces (the other lunar sets would also need to have variants as well - but that's getting into a completely different suggestion). Maybe an endgame Throwing Set could even be Luminite with a completely different material that could be introduced to the game some way. Honestly, there are so many ways to expand throwing (which has been reflected in various mods).

Well, lets set out all other classes like I think bombs are a class of weapons then we can rule out the Throwing Class.

I think it would have been nice to have Throwing have their own armours and weapons.
Boomerangs and yoyos could change from Melee to Throwing.

But at this point, I wonder if it's not just a big bother. I bet it'd have been simpler if the developers implemented a whole range of Throwing items from day one.
Summoning arrived pretty late and still has a lot of holes in its progress, especially pre-hardmode.

For one, Daybreak and Vampire Knives aren't changing unless the Scourge of the Corruptor, Solar Armor and Solar Eruption all change. Which I don't think should happen.

And honestly, one thing I like about melee class is that it isn't just swords and spears, even if it can feel like that at some points in the game. Melee class is a collection of weapon types, except for a select few that don't fit the mold (some of the ones you wanna call "throwing"). Removing boomerangs and yoyos just removes half of what makes melee great. The only ones I'd be fine with would be Shadowflame Knife and Scourge of the Corruptor/Vampire Knives, the latter only if melee gets a new biome chest. And the former doesn't really fit the mold of a "throwing" weapon, considering it isn't used and doesn't use other stuff, but that can be changed.

If you give these things to throwing, it really does ruin what melee was like. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Back
Top Bottom