Showcase [Showcase] Moon Lord Speedkill Arena (3.5 seconds to kill)

MappyGaming

Plantera
There's been a lot of posts regarding new mechanism lately, and I'm feeling overwhelmed (in a positive way). Seriously, you guys are wizards! Those posts make me want to make something new too and contribute to T-MEC, but I have almost no idea what to do with new mechanism. I majored in economics and I didn't know about logic gate until recently, currently I'm still learning its basics. So I decided to stick to my interest in pursuing world records. And here it is, I killed Moon Lord in 3.5 seconds.

Video:

World Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03JKmg4iLVJMHNwUWdHd1pxcGc/view?usp=sharing

I came up with this setup after seeing @Lemon-Neko's reply in this thread. I was unaware of how Firework Rockets work, so I needed to test them.
You can launch them upwards by wire or simply right-clicking. They explode when they reach 25 tiles up or on contact with solid blocks. They ignore a block directly above them. They deal around 150 damage each (300 when crit) when they explode, and the range is 6 tiles for each side and upwards, 5 tiles for downwards.

Then I needed to test precisely when Moon Lord spawns, and where to place rockets.
His spawning animation starts a minute after "Impending doom approaches..." message is announced, but he actually spawns about a second after it. He spawns with his left hand eye open, and right hand eye barely open. His right hand eye closes about 6 flames after spawning, and then re-opens about a second after it.
Each of his eye is roughly 3x6 wide. His left hand eye spawns 24-26 tiles right and 17-22 tiles above the player at first, and then go down vertically. His right hand eye is located at 21-23 tiles left from the player when it opens. His heart is moving between roughly 2 to 11 tiles below the player, since he bounces when he spawns.

With these test results (and after some adjustments), I placed rockets like so:
ePNNbyO.png

Fylmgw3.png
That clock-like timer cascades consist of 12 of 5 second timers and 3 of 1 second timers, and each 1 second timer is connected to each segment of rockets.

Procedure
  1. Touch Bewitching Table and Crystal Ball, summon 2 Ravens into the Crab statue chamber, then flip the right switch. This way you can collect mana stars and boosters indefinitely, and hence fire Last Prism continuously with increased damage.
  2. Put your cursor on the left switch (DO NOT flip yet), select Celestial Sigil in your shortcut, then right/left-click at the same time. This way you can flip the left switch and use Celestial Sigil at the same time. Timer cascades start upon this, and 12 of 5 second timers count a minute. Then each 1 second timer launch each segment of rockets when Moon Lord spawns, right hand eye opens, and his core opens, respectively (and hopefully).
  3. Flip the top center switch, summon bats by flipping the right switch, then let them inflict Feral Bite debuff on you. Note that its duration must be long enough to last until Moon Lord dies. Also you need to drink potions up to this timing.
  4. Go back to the original position by flipping the left switch, ride Cute Fishron and soak in honey, then shoot Arcanum's projectiles into the enclosed box above you until he spawns. This way lingering projectiles kill Moon Lord's head eye instantly after he spawns. Note that you must be at this step at least 11 seconds before his spawning, since Arcanum's projectile remains 11 seconds and then explode.
  5. After he spawns (or shortly before that), fire Last Prism to his core. These rockets won't be enough to kill off his core, which has 75000 max life.

P.S. How do I hide videos and images into spoiler? I managed to hide gif somehow, but videos and images were not shown in spoiler when I previewed them.
It just worked! thanks @The Warlocke and @Snickerbobble!

Last edited:
P.S. How do I hide videos and images into spoiler? I managed to hide gif somehow, but videos and images were not shown in spoiler when I previewed them.
I've never posted a video but, frankly, it seems like a totally random chance that any given picture I put in a spoiler might not display properly.

Sometimes it's missing in the preview but there when I post it. Sometimes it's missing when I post it, but straightens up when I refresh the page... and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's just me, because everyone else can see it...
Good luck.

I've downloaded your map right after you uploaded it on youtube and I must say that watching the video- is one thing, but actually experience the process- is something completely different! I'm lacking words to describe it, but it's unbelievable! Great job!! Thank you so much for sharing:)

Sometimes it's missing in the preview but there when I post it. Sometimes it's missing when I post it, but straightens up when I refresh the page... and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's just me, because everyone else can see it...
So forum is toying with us? Gah:confused:
[doublepost=1465031742,1465031044][/doublepost]
I've downloaded your map right after you uploaded it on youtube and I must say that watching the video- is one thing, but actually experience the process- is something completely different! I'm lacking words to describe it, but it's unbelievable! Great job!! Thank you so much for sharing:)
Thank you! I had never shared my arena before so it's kinda embarrassing, but glad you liked it.

This is amazing! I never knew that fireworks did damage! And I remember being impress with a 3 second Destroyer kill.. nice job!

I do wonder, if you could lose the shield for another damage accessory? Like a sun or moon stone? The battle is so short, and could possibly place blocks to keep you still.

I think it's a site bug, I experience it all the time. It'll appear broken in preview but it should display properly once the edit is complete.

Last edited:
I do wonder, if you could lose the shield for another damage accessory? Like a sun or moon stone? The battle is so short, and could possibly place blocks to keep you still.
I thought the same thing, but so far I haven't been able to come up with a way to place blocks to keep me still, while I can shoot Arcanum above and Last Prism below.

I think it's a site bug, I experience it all the time. It'll appear broken in preview but it should display properly once the edit is complete.
Thanks, it worked! I didn't know it was that simple:)

I thought the same thing, but so far I haven't been able to come up with a way to place blocks to keep me still, while I can shoot Arcanum above and Last Prism below.

Thanks, it worked! I didn't know it was that simple:)
how about grappling to a wooden platform? pretty sure that should work to keep you still.

Instead of "floating" the rockets using the teleport glitch, would it work if you simply placed them on wooden platforms?

Instead of "floating" the rockets using the teleport glitch, would it work if you simply placed them on wooden platforms?
I think it would result in taking a bit more to kill him but work just fine. The rockets for the hand eyes are excessive as it is. As for the rockets for his core, you need to use the last prism either way.
Sorry but I will leave it to you to test it. I got 0.4 seconds kill with a different method and kinda lost interest in this arena, you know:)

I think it would result in taking a bit more to kill him but work just fine. The rockets for the hand eyes are excessive as it is. As for the rockets for his core, you need to use the last prism either way.
Sorry but I will leave it to you to test it. I got 0.4 seconds kill with a different method and kinda lost interest in this arena, you know:)
I'm on PS4, just getting my worlds ready for next year. I'm not too fussed about time, a minute would do me fine.

Back
Top Bottom