Showcase [Showcase] The fastest possible heart generator (statue farm)

EDIT: Not sure what you where calculating for the 2.19 stuff but maybe do some tests on the new build I just gave you. If you are talking about finding the optimal speed for the main clock then you might be able to get the 5 | 5 hearts timing just correct.
All I'm doing for that calculation is counting how many frames pass, and how many hearts the player has collected. Nothing too complicated really.
That "V14" is about the same as the previous, around 2.19

This is the last version I will be doing as I'm tired of the subject.
Fair enough. :)

I did manage to come up with a better way to mount those hears.
dNY1lTs.png
cWhXnDA.png

This one doesn't require any precise timing, and it works in both directions.
Though this doesn't really matter, as the fastest 2.9 h/s machine doesn't really care about the mount speed too much. But this might be handy for other stuff involving size 1 item hoiks.

All I'm doing for that calculation is counting how many frames pass, and how many hearts the player has collected. Nothing too complicated really.
That "V14" is about the same as the previous, around 2.19

Fair enough. :)

I did manage to come up with a better way to mount those hears.
dNY1lTs.png
cWhXnDA.png

This one doesn't require any precise timing, and it works in both directions.
Though this doesn't really matter, as the fastest 2.9 h/s machine doesn't really care about the mount speed too much. But this might be handy for other stuff involving size 1 item hoiks.

This could be useful to compact the room needed to "Stack" these columns side by side. Does this method raise the hearts any faster? I think at some point it will be more about fine tuning the timing circuits to adjust for the hearts passing the statues on the way up the rials.

So I have decided to continue this potion-less heart generator project and come up with an slightly faster build based on @DRKV 's last comment. I have taken his design and combined with with my last prototype and made it as fast as I could get it. Please note I have tried playing the spacing of statues already. This new design now uses 4 statues per module.

For getting the stat's (Hearts Per Minuit, Second), I hard-coded a mod into the games code to count the hearts picked up per minute similar to @DRKV 's (I assume T-ModLoader) mod. I will be providing the world download so others can get ideas to improve it. On the far right is some beta builds ranging from worst to best. I also took the liberty to clean the wiring up some.

OLD DESIGN - 2.25 Hearts / Second.
heartoriginal.PNG

NEW DESIGN - 2.75 Hearts / Second.
heart2.75Clean.PNG

The modules are spaced 16 blocks apart W/H Statue fire sequence 2314 (Bottom - Top.

Attachments

• #1Hearts_world.wld
    115 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
You guys are flipping geniuses. Thanks for this submission. I modified this a little to work with bomb statues to suit my need for such a machine, I doubt it's as clean as before though.
Bombs.gif

Last edited:
(This is my first time posting in the Terraria Forums, so please bear with me)
This design was heavily inspired by DicemanX's heart replenisher. I'm not sure if it qualifies since the player is moving.
Capture 2021-04-18 14_06_42.png
Capture 2021-04-18 14_11_44.png
Capture 2021-04-18 14_04_10.png
Capture 2021-04-18 14_15_43.png
Notes:
*In order to exit, hold down and right. Keep in mind your movement speed needs to be high enough in order to exit. Alternatively, you can exit with a well-timed dash.
*The red wire that passes through the target dummy in the beginning section has excess past the blue pressure plate.
*The red wire that passes through the target dummy in the beginning section is used in order to launch the dummy ghost into the hoik loop.
*The green wire in the beginning section is used in order to either keep/eject the dummy from the loop depending on whether the player has exited.
*All platforms not attached to another solid block or underneath a pressure plates are hoik platforms. They are platforms that are blockswapped onto sloped blocks that function as a left-moving hoik.
*Bast statues are an optional addition to increase defense.
*It is possible to float a target dummy using the sand castle bucket (similar to how you can use teleporters to float target dummies)

Explanation:
A target dummy and player are both launched into their respective hoiks at around the same time. I'm pretty sure the target dummy is exactly 1 tick ahead of the player (correct me if I'm wrong). The player is instantly hoiked into the hearts that come from the heart statues the dummy is triggering. The blue wire triggers both the upper and lower heart statues, but the lower heart statues are on cooldown and don't spawn any hearts. The hoik takes a little more than 10 seconds to go around so the heart statues on the bottom can finish their cooldown. The lava is there in order to delete any hearts the player doesn't pick up because they exited the loop.
- The player picks up approximately (a little less than) 60 hearts per second on average. This is enough to completely heal the player during their invincibility frames.
This heart generator was designed and built by me. Although, I'm probably not the first to come up with this design given how simple a concept it is. It could be easily simplified with player above sensors, but I designed this so it could be built the moment the mechanic is rescued.

So it has been almost two years now and I find myself pushing the limits once again! For this potion'less heart generator project many people have helped and contributed here on the forums and I'm so grateful for this. I have recently been tagged in a discord post showing me about this project and asking questions. I decided to DL the world and took a look at it. It's crazy how awful and broken the wiring was. I have reworked some of the wiring.
2495-159.png

I managed to compress all of it down to this small amount. Furthermore I have added a 5th section of hearts at the bottom and closed the gap to 8 blocks from 10. This gives the hearts just enough time to spawn before overlapping with the upper half. I present to you bellow the results!

20220127204926_1.jpg

An astonishing 180 hearts / minute or 3 hearts a second! This is probably going to be very hard to beat. It took many calculations and fine adjustments to the system along with a few attempts to achieve this number. If anyone wants to check this world out, I will be adding it bellow.

Attachments

• #1Hearts_world.wld
    137.8 KB · Views: 66
While it needs a heartreach potion to work, this thing I set up can generate nearly 6 hearts, or 120 health regeneration per second.

Terraria Mechanics- Statue Based Stationary Regen Engine.png

I wouldn't say it's the best one out there, but it is the best one I've made. And it doesn't need any hoiks or target dummy ghost shenanigans, although that's the fun part I'd wager.

While it needs a heartreach potion to work, this thing I set up can generate nearly 6 hearts, or 120 health regeneration per second.

View attachment 354845

I wouldn't say it's the best one out there, but it is the best one I've made. And it doesn't need any hoiks or target dummy ghost shenanigans, although that's the fun part I'd wager.

Diffidently using heartreach potions you will be able to get double/triple the heartrate. Besides the cost of time and recourses to make potions, I find it much more preferred to create them without it due to the inability to use those farms in long AFK sessions. However, this design I threw together bellow is probably one of the simplest stationary heartreach heart generators for the game. Producing 360 / minute or 6 hearts a second. None the less thank you for taking the time to share your design :passionate:

2049-216.png

20220128051334_1.jpg

My suggestion for the fastest possible heart machine 40 hearts per second

Hoik track to the right -> travel speed 120 tiles per second: Max speed therefor Max activation

Start.png

If you make the hoik track long enough it takes you 10 seconds to travel through it

Middle 1.png

Middle 2.png

Finish it off with a teleporter that loops you back to the beginning.

End.png

You start again after the first statue has cooled down. This is what it looks like:

Heart Machine.gif

Since you travel at 120 tps and a heart statue setup takes 3 tiles you are activating and collecting 40 hearts per second.
(technically you have a 6 tile delay due to the teleportation after every 1200 hoiks witch amounts to 0.05 seconds - Irrelevant)
- Works without heartreach potion
- the conveyer belts are not needed - I thought I had to burn of the occasional heart, yet it works like a charm
(occasionally one heart drops, but I had it running for twenty minutes without stopping - lava or heartreach and it'll go forever)

- If you used a heartreach potion you can hook two heart statues in a row to a single switch, thus taking you up to 48 hps
- This is less reliable though occasionally (about one every other loop will fall down)

- Can be used for farming if traps are added above. Enemies will despawn if you are out of their region, but only after 12.5 seconds (according to the wiki), since you loop every 10 seconds this will be fine [did not ingame test though - I built this to produce max hearts per second and nothing else]

I tried adding additional rows of hearts above and below to max it even further, but the travel distance doesn't allow for the hearts to reach you and the machine stops working immediately.

Grants immortality against 2/3 mechanical bosses. Hoiking through the Destroyer is Instadeath =D
(even if you add campfires, heartlanterns and fill the tunnel with honey - yes I tried)

Will loop forever, I use the Rod of discord to get out.

40 hps is to beat

I attached the world if someone wants to tinker around with it. From the spawn move to the right and you'll find it. Contains other Stuff two:
- Two more heart tunnels that are less reliable than this one is
( this is the bottom one they are right above each other // Yes, the honey filled tunnel is among the others )
- a two way hoik hellevator that let's you select where you want to go ( it's flimsy, but it works )
- a four digit seven segment clock ( at the moment only manual Input and no counting up mechanism )
- a self repelling dart battery ( it doesn't solve the spacing problem I hoped it would )
None of the above work as I want them to

Have fun

Attachments

• The_Weepy_Stonk.wld
    3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
My suggestion for the fastest possible heart machine 40 hearts per second

Hoik track to the right -> travel speed 120 tiles per second: Max speed therefor Max activation

View attachment 376482

If you make the hoik track long enough it takes you 10 seconds to travel through it

View attachment 376483
View attachment 376484

Finish it off with a teleporter that loops you back to the beginning.

View attachment 376485

You start again after the first statue has cooled down. This is what it looks like:

View attachment 376486

Since you travel at 120 tps and a heart statue setup takes 3 tiles you are activating and collecting 40 hearts per second.
(technically you have a 6 tile delay due to the teleportation after every 1200 hoiks witch amounts to 0.05 seconds - Irrelevant)
- Works without heartreach potion
- the conveyer belts are not needed - I thought I had to burn of the occasional heart, yet it works like a charm
(occasionally one heart drops, but I had it running for twenty minutes without stopping - lava or heartreach and it'll go forever)

- If you used a heartreach potion you can hook two heart statues in a row to a single switch, thus taking you up to 48 hps
- This is less reliable though occasionally (about one every other loop will fall down)

- Can be used for farming if traps are added above. Enemies will despawn if you are out of their region, but only after 12.5 seconds (according to the wiki), since you loop every 10 seconds this will be fine [did not ingame test though - I built this to produce max hearts per second and nothing else]

I tried adding additional rows of hearts above and below to max it even further, but the travel distance doesn't allow for the hearts to reach you and the machine stops working immediately.

Grants immortality against 2/3 mechanical bosses. Hoiking through the Destroyer is Instadeath =D
(even if you add campfires, heartlanterns and fill the tunnel with honey - yes I tried)

Will loop forever, I use the Rod of discord to get out.

40 hps is to beat

I attached the world if someone wants to tinker around with it. From the spawn move to the right and you'll find it. Contains other Stuff two:
- Two more heart tunnels that are less reliable than this one is
( this is the bottom one they are right above each other // Yes, the honey filled tunnel is among the others )
- a two way hoik hellevator that let's you select where you want to go ( it's flimsy, but it works )
- a four digit seven segment clock ( at the moment only manual Input and no counting up mechanism )
- a self repelling dart battery ( it doesn't solve the spacing problem I hoped it would )
None of the above work as I want them to

Have fun

Thanks for all the work it took to submit this! I know from experience gathering all those gifs and formatting the post is not an easy task! Most of the post shifted to the fastest stationary heart generators. We cannot however, neglect those builds designed purely for speed! While it may be useless for many boss / mob farms, you submitted a worthy build and surly someone can find use for this!

Firstly thank you for providing the world download, makes improving / archiving work much easier! I have gone and took a look at your design, seems as if on paper, it should be getting 40 hearts a second, however for sustainability, aka the time per minute, It appears the teleporters take a few milliseconds to "teleport" the player back to the beginning.

In your design, it appears we are only getting 2380 of 2400 total hearts. There was a total of 5 teleports during this capture suggesting teleporters have a net loss of (20 Hearts / 5 Teleports) = 4 hearts loss per teleport.

2835-216.png

(Build displayed was shortened for display purposes)

OG.PNG

My first instant to combat this the simple way was to just remove the teleporters and continue the hoik in a full loop. This worked but only gained one heart in performance. This would diffidently be caused by the lack of heart statues on the vertical hoik lines. I'm sure this can be engineered however to work while descending (maybe with player detector sensors) or by spawning 4 extra hearts while teleporting (2 before leaving, 2 while receiving). This should balance out the 4 net loss from each teleport. Bellow was my hoik design.

2835-194.png

Mod.PNG

Bellow I will be attaching Tedit schematics for both your original design and my modified design that uses pure hoiks.
- Maybe in the near future I will look into fixing this design up, making it truly, the fastest heart generator to be posted.​

Attachments

• TEdit-Schematics.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks for all the work it took to submit this! I know from experience gathering all those gifs and formatting the post is not an easy task! One thing I do have to say however is the subline goal of this project shifted to the fastest stationary heart generator. Noneless you submitted a worthy build and surly someone can find use for this!

PS: Thanks for submitting the world download, helps keep archive of peoples amazing work!

Well in that case I now have another Terraria Engineering Problem I can tinker with ^^.
Seems like this would be something were one might need a hps speed tracker though *hint* *hint* *smile*
Could you please tell me how you did that?
(for a Normie though; I just read the word "hard coding" and was like - what a cool word; IDK what it means; can I do this?; sounds scary)

Well in that case I now have another Terraria Engineering Problem I can tinker with ^^.
Seems like this would be something were one might need a hps speed tracker though *hint* *hint* *smile*
Could you please tell me how you did that?
(for a Normie though; I just read the word "hard coding" and was like - what a cool word; IDK what it means; can I do this?; sounds scary)

So with some work, I have managed to find an effective yet simple solution to the teleporter delay issue. This can actually be scaled some more vertically to get a few stars above the 2400 / minute threshold. I'm sure it can be improved, but I at least wanted to make it an even count.

2830-234.png

105600_20220714212130_1.png

I have provided the schematic to this design attached bellow.

Attachments

• 2400-Min-Hearts.zip
    950 bytes · Views: 43
So with some work, I have managed to find an effective yet simple solution to the teleporter delay issue. This can actually be scaled some more vertically to get a few stars above the 2400 / minute threshold. I'm sure it can be improved, but I at least wanted to make it an even count.

View attachment 376616

View attachment 376610

I have provided the schematic to this design attached bellow.

This is a very nice workaround. I do like the loop design espacially. I didn't try one out because the different hoik speeds would have made any clear calculation of what this machine does even more guesswork than the teleporter delay already did. Turns out according to your measurements it doesn't really matter.
What I would like to do would be a vertical design of this concepts - I don't know how yet. But it has potential - for one both sides of the track can be utilised equally while going up or down and the higher speeds of 180 t/s could improve things even further. Activation is as you said problematic and the overall spacing probably wouldn't be so efficient.

Edit: So I did put together a vertical hoik heart machine:

20220715162357_1.jpg

20220715162420_1.jpg

The small prototype shows that the concept works in general.
A heart row with 3 statues takes up 4 tiles. At a speed of 180 t/s this could produce 135 hearts/s if it's working under optimal conditions.
I can't tell how good it works though. At this speed it's impossible to see if hearts are being generated and/or collected at a consistent rate or if the machine stopped working and is just looping you around. Well I included the map in case someone wants to test it.
I intend this to be used with a heartreach potion since the third heart statue is more than 2 tiles away from the player and therefor pickup could be tricky. I can't really tell though since I can't see as I mentioned above :'-)

Attachments

• Vertical Heart Hoik.wld
    167.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This is a very nice workaround. I do like the loop design espacially. I didn't try one out because the different hoik speeds would have made any clear calculation of what this machine does even more guesswork than the teleporter delay already did. Turns out according to your measurements it doesn't really matter.
What I would like to do would be a vertical design of this concepts - I don't know how yet. But it has potential - for one both sides of the track can be utilised equally while going up or down and the higher speeds of 180 t/s could improve things even further. Activation is as you said problematic and the overall spacing probably wouldn't be so efficient.

Edit: So I did put together a vertical hoik heart machine:

View attachment 376630
View attachment 376631

The small prototype shows that the concept works in general.
A heart row with 3 statues takes up 4 tiles. At a speed of 180 t/s this could produce 135 hearts/s if it's working under optimal conditions.
I can't tell how good it works though. At this speed it's impossible to see if hearts are being generated and/or collected at a consistent rate or if the machine stopped working and is just looping you around. Well I included the map in case someone wants to test it.
I intend this to be used with a heartreach potion since the third heart statue is more than 2 tiles away from the player and therefor pickup could be tricky. I can't really tell though since I can't see as I mentioned above :'-)

Nice :dryadpassionate: Now try combining the vertical and horizontal hoiks to make a continuous square. My hoik schematic gets you halfway there :cool:

Nice :dryadpassionate: Now try combining the vertical and horizontal hoiks to make a continuous square. My hoik schematic gets you halfway there :cool:
I'm thinking about it. Main concers are:

1) Does it work downwards as well?
2) If so: How long should the sides be?
3) Then again I don't think it will be able to go any higher than (maybe up to) 135 hps. The horicontal sides will be stuck at aroun 40 hps and if vertically down achieves the same remains to be seen.

I'm thinking about it. Main concers are:

1) Does it work downwards as well?
2) If so: How long should the sides be?
3) Then again I don't think it will be able to go any higher than (maybe up to) 135 hps. The horicontal sides will be stuck at aroun 40 hps and if vertically down achieves the same remains to be seen.

The sides should be just long enough to loop the player back to the horizontal rails while still maintaining the heart intake. For going down, you can place pressure plates on the hoiked blocks.

01.PNG

Terraria Mechanics- Extremely Fast Statue Based Regen Engine.png

Ok, so this small dude right here is a new one I made that should be able to collect 1 heart every tick, or 60 hearts per second, using teleporters, hoiks and a singular dummy. However, I don't have a way of accurately counting heart pickup rates, but this did full tank master enraged duke fishrons with no problem, so I'd say alot.

View attachment 378050

Ok, so this small dude right here is a new one I made that should be able to collect 1 heart every tick, or 60 hearts per second, using teleporters, hoiks and a singular dummy. However, I don't have a way of accurately counting heart pickup rates, but this did full tank master enraged duke fishrons with no problem, so I'd say alot.
Looks like this will have the same fate as the teleporter delay issue @Sebastian6129 is having in his design. I would love to test this however, would you care to share the world?

I looked into the loop version of my design, but quickly found out - that my vertical design is most likely as fast as this kinda gimicky concept is going to get. Therefor I instead did some RND into hoiking hearts:

As probably everyone else would have I started with ZeroGravitas work as a foundation:

Also I came across this post, claiming to be able to hoik hearts from right to left by using sloped conveyor belts:

So I started constructing testing areas and I found:
- ways to move hearts faster than the standard hoiking mechanism
- methods to "hoik" (though if this is an actual hoik might be debateable) from right to left
- prototype for a stationary hoik machine that receives hearts from three directions at about roughly the same speed
- all of this is done via a combination of hoiks and conveyer belt tracks

This would be nice for a video, yet sadly I know nothing about recording terraria footage or video editing. To present it in textform on the other hand would be a complete drag, since the scope of the testing was quite extensive.

Therefor I created an interactive playable showcase map, that allows anybody to replicate the resulsts. I intend for this to be a work of reference for possible future improvements to stationary hoik machines.

It contains several testing grounds for different methods of hoiking (example below):
Capture 2022-07-31 21_45_57.png

It "races" hearts with different working methods against each other to find out witch one is the fastest (examples below):
Capture 2022-07-31 21_47_07.png

Capture 2022-07-31 21_49_05.png

And it showcases the above mentioned three way hoik:
Capture 2022-07-31 21_49_54.png

(also it shows about everything that doesn't work as well - I tried my best to test any conceiveable method within this testing area)

No equipment is required to replicate the testing.
All necessary information is provided through announcement boxes.
The showcase follows a guided route, so simply enter the map and follow the arrows.
Hope you have fun and I'd love to hear you're feedback :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom