Showcase [Showcase] Truffle Worm Autofarm: 390 Worms/hr + 50 Plat/hr (Bonus: Best Way to Farm Dev Armor)

I had this idea about how we could do the damage dealer traps using a timer setup on console since we don't have dummies

I'll be using the cascade timers video @DicemanX created.

DicemanX's CASCADE TIMERS VIDEO

Please ignore the fact that it is an NPC and pretend its a skeleton.
I figured out on @ZeroGravitas' truffle worm farm that having an NPC and a house near by broke the spawns (especially the worms) just as if the house was your town.

To run the damage dealers.
TRAPS

To run the hoiks and teleporters.
SET 1 (possibly too slow)
SET 2 (the single skeleton motor from @ZeroGravitas' farm)

A thought: is there a more compact timer that could run the damage dealing traps and still be able to be turned off without the need of a skeleton to hoik about?

Last edited:
Wait, I'm confused, does placing the spawn platform somewhere higher than 47 blocks below the player affects the spawn rate or not?

BTW! anyone knows the fastest way to kill expert duke with endgame gear? I got it down to like 10 secs with ranger gear.

<Edit: thanks for the suggestion>

Also, isn't better to use one single dummy for the traps and the hoiks?

Last edited:
maybe add a few colors to the flame traps so the damage distributes more evenly, i like how you simplified the wiring, however im quite nooby

The farm just missed to be the maximum truffle worm autofarm.

As far as I see, Max truffle worm spawning possibility is 2/3(Mushroom tiles has 2/3 possibility to spawn mushroom styled enemies) * 1/5 (increased spawning ratio of truffle worms when devs decided to make it vulnerable to mobs) = 2/15. Therefore, the theoretical maximum truffle worm rate is 480/hr.
NPC Spawning rate boost (as your schematics says): HM 0.9 * Underground 0.45 * Jungle 0.4 * Water candle 0.75 = 0.1215, which is far from perfect.
The way to make spawning rate perfect is: max(0.1, HM 0.9 * Cavern 0.4 * Jungle 0.4 * Water candle 0.75 * Cavern Hallow 0.65) = max(0.1, 0.07)=0.1.
Therefore, to make the farm perfect, two things are required: moving the farm to cavern, and add 100 tiles of hallowed tiles. (I am not kidding, cavern+80 lihzahrd brick+100 pink ice+water candle=easy AFK MAX spawn rate setup, as long as your farm is in cavern) If the problems introduced by the two things (namely the different problems caused by the different mob list) were solved, the truffle worm rate would be: 390*1.215=473.85(if the rate was 395, then the final rate would be 480, THE best). Which means, the autofarm did a terrifyingly good (perfect!) job on making truffle worms alive before catching, yet a small error on spawning arena preparation made the yield suboptimal.

May I call it one instance of "Epic error can only be made by epic genius" ?

Last edited:
That's why the torches are there - to stop giant mushroom spawns.

Just learned recently that minecart tracks are perfect for stopping tree growth of any kind, an they can go 1 tile above the spawn surface without any interruption to spawning.
[doublepost=1511643903,1511572248][/doublepost]I made a console-friendly version of this a while back, which might be useful to those on PS3 & Xbox 360; here's the link:

Due to the frame rate of PS4 capture, you can't see that I'm being hoiked over two pressure plates while swinging the net. This is for several reasons:

1) It actuates/de-actuates the hoiked spawn surface which forces the mobs into the teleporter
2) It powers said teleporter, which is ~150 blocks away, making them despawn instantly
3) It powers the traps the kill the fungi bulbs and bats
4) By being hoiked myself, I don't have to rely on NPC's or skeleton statues, which can effect spawn rates

The inecart rail over the spawn surface is to stop mushroom trees growing, as I've already mentioned.

This farm gets me ~300 worms p/h, sometimes more. All of the worms in the chest (seen at the start of the video) are just from that farm.
[doublepost=1512995956][/doublepost]I can't see how to turn off the dummy rail beneath the spawn surface; how do you return the dummy ghosts to the dummy bodies?

I can't see how to turn off the dummy rail beneath the spawn surface; how do you return the dummy ghosts to the dummy bodies?
There isn't an off switch in that design. I think @DicemanX just save and exits.

But you can turn the dummy rail off by moving the source dummy below the rail. Then when you want to stop, just open a "trap door".
20180126100854_1.jpg

It might or might not work this way any longer, but when I designed the farm if the player character got far enough from the dummy ghost it would despawn the ghost. The "Off" switch was therefore teleporting to base, or exiting as r4v1n6 mentions.

It might or might not work this way any longer, but when I designed the farm if the player character got far enough from the dummy ghost it would despawn the ghost. The "Off" switch was therefore teleporting to base, or exiting as r4v1n6 mentions.
I thought the ghost would stay put regardless of player position; is there a distance from the ghost I should be aiming for?

Does this still work in 1.14? I heard that the jungle takes more blocks to turn into a jungle biome, but are there any new features that ruin this?

Back
Top Bottom