Drawings & Paintings Showing off my art assignments

DippyDerps

Steampunker
Every week my Graphic Design class (basically Art mixed with Computer class) requires us to draw three things a week; 2 specified drawings, and one free sketch.

I'm making this thread to show off any of said sketches that I feel like I did a half-decent job at.

Some of these aren't my original creations. If you look up "how to draw X" on Google Images, you might find some of these.

I'm uploading these through my iPad using Imgur, so sorry if they don't show up initially.

Feb. 21, 2015

Not my original design. I looked up a tutorial on how to draw this, mainly do to the hair right. Took me the longest to draw out of all of these, around 2 hours.
SC7lBQq.jpg

Probably my favorite one out of any of these, simply because of the eyes.
jLgW3Sr.jpg

I had to look up bird images to get the body shape in my memory to prevent me from doing the classic "rubber-duck" shape.
Qd6jIEG.jpg

The first sketch I drew out of any of these. I feel like I could've done better with the leaf shapes, but otherwise pretty decent.
THU8W88.jpg

Not my original design. Had no idea how to draw a panda, so I looked it up.
52tr4io.jpg

Being a trumpet player for almost 7 years, I took out my trumpet to draw the shape. I feel like I should've added shading to it, as well as worked on the mouthpiece and valve caps a little more.
eGUlYkS.jpg

Most of it is not my original design. After finishing the head, I realized that I shaped it wrong, so I improvised to make the body fit the head better.
rSl40jG.jpg

Not my original design, and the only one that I didn't have to look up. This chicken has been shown a couple of times on the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and this was the first chicken to pop into my mind.
dHumMy3.jpg

Probably the easiest to draw out of any of these. Took me around 10 minutes.
FE9gDFT.jpg

Not my original design. I should've added some detail to the paws. :(
b3BnfTH.jpg

Without a doubt, my least favorite of the bunch. This was sort of a last-minute sketch drawn an hour before class. About half way through, I realized I drew the head too close to the center, so the rear end suffered for it. -_-
PnKcnlf.jpg

Mar. 5, 2015

Had to look up an image as reference. Turned out to look incredible in the end, despite the fact that it took a mere 30 minutes.
zHUfObu.jpg

I was wanting to draw a samurai, and this was one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows back then, so I decided to draw Jack from the show Samurai Jack. Took me an hour, however it would've taken around 15 minutes if I wasn't distracted at the time.
L38hHqS.jpg

I used a reference image to make sure I got her dress design and hair right. Took me two hours to fully complete, but it's my favorite of the trio of sketches this time.
ZkaNCoH.jpg

Last edited:
These are cute! I usually prefer seeing chins a bit smaller, but this is... really... *puts tissue box away* not what you led me to expect

The cat is outstanding. :dryadpassionate:
Looks like you put a lot of work into these sketches, and they came out well AMAZING!
You also appear to be able to draw a better horse than I can

Overall, these are some pretty good sketches, make them into colored pictures one day. :dryadhappy:

EDIT: I have to do 5, consider yourself lucky. :dryadeek:

The cat is outstanding. :dryadpassionate:
Looks like you put a lot of work into these sketches, and they came out well AMAZING!
You also appear to be able to draw a better horse than I can

Overall, these are some pretty good sketches, make them into colored pictures one day. :dryadhappy:

EDIT: I have to do 5, consider yourself lucky. :dryadeek:
Thanks for the feedback! I have 10 more to finish in a day, so hopefully I can get at least a few that look decent. :dryadconfused:

I just finished a dozen new sketches for classes, but only three of them actually turned out good. I have a bad habit of procrastinating until the last minute, causing the first few sketches to be amazing (in the eyes of a 17-year-old who has hardly any experience with artists) and the rest to be rushed, simplistic pieces of garbage.

I added three new sketches to the original post; Pikachu, Samurai Jack, and Hatsune Miku.

(Also, sorry for double posting.)

Back
Top Bottom