Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Ew! Shroomite is a pain to farm!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bluh! We don't need this!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
Me: Do rangers get new ammo after beating Plantera? I don't think they do.
Terraria Wiki: Yes, they do: Venom and Nano Bullets.
Me: Aww, that's boring. And the Nano Bullets suck!
TWiki: I don't make the game.
Me: Hey, doesn't Shroomite also get unlocked after Plantera?
TWiki: Yes, why?
Me: Tell you what, I'll suggest some fancy new munitions based off of that.

Shroom Shot

ShroomiteBullet.png

The Shroomite Bullet moves at a high velocity and bounces off walls and enemies up to seven times. However, in a similar vein to Chlorophyte, the bullets will alter their trajectory slightly upon bouncing to target nearby enemies.

Damage 13
Knockback 7

Shroomite_Bar.png
(1)
Musket_Ball.png
(50)
(Crafts 50)
Shroomite Bolt

ShroomiteBullet.png

The Shroomite Bolt starts slowly, but accelerates as it moves. When it hits an enemy, the velocity resets, but will increase if it continues to move. It also has unlimited piercing. On common enemies, this gives it the effect of hitting several times on the same enemy.

Damage 16
Knockback 4

Shroomite_Bar.png
(1)
Wooden_Arrow.png
(35)
(Crafts 35)

Shroomite Missile

ShroomiteRocket.png

The Shroomite Missile explodes in a similar vein as the Inferno Fork. The AoE is the same as the blast radius of a Rocket III.

Damage 57
Knockback 7

Shroomite_Bar.png
(1)
Rocket_III.png
(5)
(Crafts 5)

Shroomite Grenade

ShroomiteGrenade.png

The Shroomite Grenade has a much longer fuse than a normal grenade. In addition, when thrown it goes straight until it passes the point where your cursor was. If there is a backwall where the cursor is, it sticks, otherwise it falls like a rock. Splash is the same as a normal Grenade.

Damage 70
Knockback 10

Shroomite_Bar.png
(1)
Grenade.png
(10)
(Crafts 10)

Last edited:
Looks good, well thought out. Not much to add in my opinion. Nicely done. Would love if this was implemented into the game. I want to play some Pinball with my enemies :p

Thought it was going to be another garbage shroomite ammo thread. Was pleasantly surprised.

I actually quite like these ammo types.

The bullets should be crafted with musket balls, not empty shells, though. The shells are more like "I'm filling the bullet with this substance" while with musket balls it's "I am coating the bullet with this material."

The bullets should be crafted with musket balls, not empty shells, though. The shells are more like "I'm filling the bullet with this substance" while with musket balls it's "I am coating the bullet with this material."
I was about to say "But Shroomite bullets are supposed to be a side grade to Chlorophyte bullets." Then I realized. I'll change it.

This is a good idea. I like the grenade idea especially, but how much damage does it do? Is it the same as a normal grenade with the exception of the wall sticking and long fuse?

This is a good idea. I like the grenade idea especially, but how much damage does it do? Is it the same as a normal grenade with the exception of the wall sticking and long fuse?
I feel really stupid now: I forgot to put the damage for it. That'll be fixed.

not bad the effects are interesting and unique like good Terraria ammo should be I can support this!

I can't be the only person who thinks that the Shroomite Grenade looks like a blue hamburger... also, great suggestion! We do need more uses for Shroomite.

Back
Top Bottom