Items 'Shrooms+

(After reading) What do you think?

• The morsels could work.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Drugs in Terraria? Alright!

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • The Wan Mushroom would be interesting...

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • All these ideas are bad, and you should feel bad.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • If you added a "stimulant" kind of effect to the shrooms, I'd like them more.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Remember how Glowing Mushrooms used to be edible? How they were actually useful to carry around? I propose we re-introduce that, but...a bit differently.
I thought up something that I think might work, called Glowing Morsels.
Glowing Morsel.png

Consumable. Restores 35 Health, and makes the player glow.*
Crafted with 1 Glowing Mushroom (makes 2), anywhere.
DOES cause potion sickness.
*The glow caused by these snacks will be much like that of a very dim, blue-colored Shine potion. It would last 30 sec./1 min., depending on which is more balanced.

Also, on the topic of 'shrooms, I find it boring that all mushrooms in Terraria are "safe" to eat. I'd love to see a couple of mushrooms that induce nice, trippy visual effects. I've got a couple thought up already, but suggestions are always appreciated!

Wan Mushroom
Wan Shroom.png

Grows naturally like normal Mushrooms, but more rarely. Think Marigold-rare.
Consumable. On use, gives the Player the Old School "debuff".
'Old School'- Removes all color from the screen, making everything greyscale. Does not affect gameplay.
Optional: Slows movement speed by 13.37%, but increases damage and attack speed by 6.9% and defense by 2. (Bullet-Time, anyone? :p) [Numbers open to suggestions]

Colorful Shroom
Colourful Shroom.png

Grows naturally like normal Mushrooms, but more rarely. Think Sky Blue Flower-rare. (I know that's in the Jungle, bleh. You get the idea.)
Consumable. On use, gives the player the Glaring "debuff".
'Glaring'- Increases color contrast greatly, potentially causing "mild eye damage". Does not severely affect gameplay.
Optional: Increases knockback by 42.0% and attack speed by 6.66%, but reduces damage by 10% (Highly defensive because I'd find it hard to protect myself while my eyes were dying). [Numbers open to suggestions]

Hallucinogens (/"Happiness Potion")
Happiness Potion.png
(Thanks @Pirtz for the sprite!)
Made with 1 Wan Mushroom and 1 Colorful Mushroom at a crafting table.
Consumable. On use, gives the player the Trippin' debuff.
'Trippin''- Objects on screen change colors like the Rainbow Slime, and slightly increases color contrast. Could affect gameplay.
Optional: Increases movement speed by 36.0%, attack speed by 69.0%, and lowers mana consumption by 88%, but in turn reduces damage by 90% (Very complicated, but I like it.)
[Open to changes]

Well, that's all for now. I may add more to this soon, but for now, let me know what you guys think!
*Edit: Just realized that this is actually my first suggestion. Weird.*
*Edit 2: I found colours. Sorry if this bothers anyone. I'm bored. :sigh:*

Last edited:
I like the first idea, but the next few kind of seem unnecessary... as well as a good way to clog up your inventory (b/c lets be honest, very, very few people are going to actually use those.)

I like the first idea, but the next few kind of seem unnecessary... as well as a good way to clog up your inventory (b/c lets be honest, very, very few people are going to actually use those.)
I for one,would have AT LEAST a stack of the colorful shrooms and the hallucinagens with me at all times!
upload_2015-3-3_21-3-29.png

How about a combat bonus in order to compensate for the drug effect. Maybe have some special conversations (mostly with the truffle)
Yesterday, I thought of that. Maybe some sort of "stimulant" effect to go with each vision thing? I think that might make them more useful.
Not sure how the conversation thing would work, but I've seen quite a few comments that suggest special dialogue, so it might be a thing.

Remember how Glowing Mushrooms used to be edible? How they were actually useful to carry around? I propose we re-introduce that, but...a bit differently.
I thought up something that I think might work, called Glowing Morsels.
View attachment 34005
Consumable. Restores 35 Health, and makes the player glow.*
Crafted with 1 Glowing Mushroom (makes 2), anywhere.
DOES cause potion sickness.
*The glow caused by these snacks will be much like that of a very dim, blue-colored Shine potion. It would last 30 sec./1 min., depending on which is more balanced.

Also, on the topic of 'shrooms, I find it interesting that all mushrooms in Terraria are "safe" to eat. I'd love to see a couple of mushrooms that induce nice, trippy visual effects. I've got a couple thought up already, but suggestions are always appreciated!

Wan Mushroom
View attachment 34027
Grows naturally like normal Mushrooms, but more rarely. Think Marigold-rare.
Consumable. On use, gives the Player the Old School "debuff".
'Old School'- Removes all color from the screen, making everything greyscale. Does not affect gameplay.

Colorful Shroom
View attachment 34006

Grows naturally like normal Mushrooms, but more rarely. Think Sky Blue Flower-rare. (I know that's in the Jungle, bleh. You get the idea.)
Consumable. On use, gives the player the Glaring "debuff".
'Glaring'- Increases color contrast greatly, potentially causing "mild eye damage". Does not severely affect gameplay.

Hallucinogens
[sprite coming soon]
Made with 1 Wan Mushroom and 1 Colorful Mushroom at a crafting table.
Consumable. On use, gives the player the Trippin' debuff.
'Trippin''- Objects on screen change colors like the Rainbow Slime, and slightly increases color contrast. Could affect gameplay.

Well, that's all for now. I may add more to this soon, but for now, let me know what you guys think!
*Edit: Just realized that this is actually my first suggestion. Weird.*
Done a sprite for da drugs:
Happiness Potion:
HappyPotion.png

Low budget paint.exe, so no transparent background.

Maybe one of the shrooms causes you to deal massively reduced damage but doubles your cast rate and gives a crazy mana consumption rate reduction?

Done a sprite for da drugs:
Happiness Potion:
View attachment 34681
Hey, thanks so much! This is for the Hallucinogens, I assume? :happy:
Maybe one of the shrooms causes you to deal massively reduced damage but doubles your cast rate and gives a crazy mana consumption rate reduction?
I've been contemplating the idea of making the visual effects simply a side effect, and the real use of the mushrooms is some kind of stimulant effect, like the one you described. The idea of taking "speed" is pretty nice. I'll definitely be adding something like that to the OP.

I never expected any kind of positive feedback on what is my equivalent to a "fevered midnight brainbolt", but I really appreciate it guys. :passionate:

Uhhh... this is a good idea, but I don't think re-logic is going to add drugs into a childs game :-:

totally drugs ;-;

Also totally a double post. :p

I don't think re-logic is going to add drugs into a childs game
don't think re-logic is going to add drugs into a childs game
think re-logic is going to add drugs into a childs game
re-logic is going to add drugs into a childs game
is going to add drugs into a childs game
going to add drugs into a childs game
to add drugs into a childs game
drugs into a childs game
into a childs game
a childs game