Blocks & Decoration Shrubbery

If this gets added, all wood gets a seed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419767571][/DOUBLEPOST]But itz unbalnced!!!1!
[DOUBLEPOST=1419767612][/DOUBLEPOST]That's my reaction to shrubberries.

If this gets added, all wood gets a seed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419767571][/DOUBLEPOST]But itz unbalnced!!!1!
[DOUBLEPOST=1419767612][/DOUBLEPOST]That's my reaction to shrubberries.
There is another thread that wants a different acorn for every tree, this thread wants to reduce the use of acorns.
There's a reason shrubbery wouldn't require acorns. It takes a long time to plant them and to harvest trees.

That is why.
-_- A faster method of gaining wood isn't OP. That's like saying constantly increasing speed of pickaxe makes some of them OP. If shrubbery is only obtainable in hardmode the player has earned the right to easier wood!
1.3 update might make this pointless with the staff of regrowth getting a buff. I REALLY need a better system for farming wood. I hate needing acorns. My solution should be easy to put in the game and isn't OP because its only getting buffed to the level the GM are at right now.

Whats wrong with generating a small world chopping all trees then deleting world if amount of wood desired does not reach amount of wood holding in inventory (like if you need A LOT OF WOOD)repeat

Whats wrong with generating a small world chopping all trees then deleting world if amount of wood desired does not reach amount of wood holding in inventory (like if you need A LOT OF WOOD)repeat
not everyone likes doing this
also wow how can someone say that this is even OP it just wood holy crap

not everyone likes doing this
also wow how can someone say that this is even OP it just wood holy crap

wood is important you can make chests, workbenches, furnaces campfires(useful late game) and tons of sawmill items and other stuff. So wood is important its like the game starter equivalent of martian conduct plating.
And also when you make a new world there's around 20 stacks of wood so you don't chop all the trees down.

wood is important you can make chests, workbenches, furnaces campfires(useful late game) and tons of sawmill items and other stuff. So wood is important its like the game starter equivalent of martian conduct plating.
And also when you make a new world there's around 20 stacks of wood so you don't chop all the trees down.
martian conduit plating doesn't fit anywhere in progression though?
This was from what I could tell just supposed to be a later-game way of getting enough wood for a house

log out the jungle if you don't want to plant acorns?

it sounds like the scythe would give you plenty of blocks in exactly the way you want?
I'm fairly certain living wood furniture can't be created with anything other than wood. Why are you so against an easier way to acquire wood?

well its not as though wood is particularly uncommon... and shrubs everywhere constantly dropping stacks of the stuff whenever i swing my sword would get annoying quick. theres a reason you need the scythe to harvest hay instead of it just dropping when you break flowers.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

also you can't actually get a board out of a shrub irl anyway so its a bit silly ;)
I'm fairly certain living wood furniture can't be created with anything other than wood. Why are you so against an easier way to acquire wood?

(aside: how much living furniture could you possibly be needing?)

Last edited:
you also can't get a board by just chopping down a tree irl,
this is a game where you can drink water while drowning to heal yourself, why would you expect realism

this is a game where you can drink water while drowning to heal yourself, why would you expect realism

...did you not see the wink? that part was a joke.
(and yes you can get boards from a tree. thats where boards come from.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the point was this other part(the entire rest of the post you replied to)
well its not as though wood is particularly uncommon... and shrubs everywhere constantly dropping stacks of the stuff whenever i swing my sword would get annoying quick. theres a reason you need the scythe to harvest hay instead of it just dropping when you break flowers.

its unnecessary(wood already being common (and infinite even within a single world if you just plant acorns and wait a tick)) and could be annoying.
so the answer wouldn't be "terraria is silly, you expect logic?" it'd be "i disagree and think its needed because [insert reason "X" here]"

unless I'm the one missing a joke? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom