Blocks & Decoration Sideways teleporter idea

That is a pretty nice idea, but I don’t know how that would work since you need to be standing on the teleporter to be teleported to the destination when it is activated

Maybe you could give a little more detail? Like where would you get it? Would you have to use input devices, or would it auto-activate?

Yeah, how would this work? Would it use a switch/lever, a timer, or be functional without wiring? How would you obtain it?

Maybe you could give a little more detail? Like where would you get it? Would you have to use input devices, or would it auto-activate?
Yeah, how would this work? Would it use a switch/lever, a timer, or be functional without wiring? How would you obtain it?
I think dragonboy304 meant that you would be able to place the teleporter a that you buy from the steampunk sideways

I think dragonboy304 meant that you would be able to place the teleporter a that you buy from the steampunk sideways
Yes, but I'm mostly asking how it would work. Normal teleporters require a switch/lever/timer, and I'm not sure how that would work on a sideways teleporter.

Cos when you jump onto it your face hits it then you teleport
But that would mean you would have stopped, leaving you in the same location as before, but with a broken nose.

I just thought, imagine if you took damage if you hit wall with too much momentum, like fall damage. And certain items could prevent "momentum damage". That would be an interesting feature.

But that would mean you would have stopped, leaving you in the same location as before, but with a broken nose.

I just thought, imagine if you took damage if you hit wall with too much momentum, like fall damage. And certain items could prevent "momentum damage". That would be an interesting feature.
Remember I have terrible logic (I can't explain why)

I'm pretty sure Teleporters simply move you if you're in the area above it, since I've teleported mid-jump before. Placing it sideways would just mean you'd need to be standing next to the teleporter's functional side when you activate it to travel.
It's not... really... a hard concept to grasp.

I'm pretty sure Teleporters simply move you if you're in the area above it, since I've teleported mid-jump before. Placing it sideways would just mean you'd need to be standing next to the teleporter's functional side when you activate it to travel.
And you can obviously break your nose

The teleporters you're using must be connected to a pressure plate or a timer-I personally like to connect them to a lever to prevent accidental teleportations.

The teleporters you're using must be connected to a pressure plate or a timer-I personally like to connect them to a lever to prevent accidental teleportations.
Indeed they do. So sideways teleporters would basically be the same thing, except you'd be placing the activation item to the side of the teleporter instead of above.

Ok guys, after reading this, I can see that how teleporters actually work isn’t as much of common knowledge as I thought. There actually is some misinformation going on here, so allow me to enlighten you.

The teleporter detection area is a grid of 3x3 blocks above the teleporter, and having any part of your hitbox touching this grid is the ACTUAL criteria for teleportation. Meaning that you don’t actually NEED to be even touching the teleporter for it to teleport you. This actually means that you can use a switch or lever for the input signal, and it will be equally as valid as a pressure plate.

To make a sideways teleporter, you would simply need to rotate the detection grid alongside the actual teleporter, meaning that you just have to stand next to the sideways teleporter in the correct direction for you to be teleported.

Currently, the record for maximum destinations from a single location using teleporters is 44. With sideways teleporters implemented, this could easily be upped to at least 60, and that's assuming you have only rudimentary knowledge of how they work. Upside Down teleporters are also a theoretical thing that would be just as easy as this to implement.

I actually am really excited by this prospect :D, it has SO much potential. And because the 3x3 is a perfect square, there wouldn't be any weird conflictions from implementing this!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom