Blocks & Decoration Sideways teleporter idea

Upside Down teleporters are also a theoretical thing that would be just as easy as this to implement.
After reading this, a sideways/upside down teleporter would be almost useless, as you could position a teleporter so the 3x3 space would be in the same location as it would have been if it was sideways. Though a sideways teleporter means you could do so much more using momentum, similarly to the portal gun's momentum mechanic.

Also, thanks for mentioning the 3x3 grid, as I haven't done much with wiring and didn't know that particular fact.

After reading this, a sideways/upside down teleporter would be almost useless, as you could position a teleporter so the 3x3 space would be in the same location as it would have been if it was sideways. Though a sideways teleporter means you could do so much more using momentum, similarly to the portal gun's momentum mechanic.

Also, thanks for mentioning the 3x3 grid, as I haven't done much with wiring and didn't know that particular fact.
It wouldn't be useless. The 44 cap is only there because we can't position teleporters in enough locations that the grid can reach the player, and this is ENTIRELY because they have one direction they can face.

So what you're saying is that the "Sideways Teleporter" is basically a pre-Moon Lord Portal Gun that is a bit harder to use (obviously, the best stuff comes later).

44 is the current largest amount of teleporter destinations you can have from a single location. A sideways teleporter would allow us to increase this number by a massive amount.

?????????????? I thought you could only have two from any specific postion, not a ^*8&PYC forty-four?!

?????????????? I thought you could only have two from any specific postion, not a ^*8&PYC forty-four?!
Well, I mean, 8 is the max if you only limit yourself to one teleporter, but the 44 way teleporter uses 8 different teleporters densely packed together.

Ok guys, after reading this, I can see that how teleporters actually work isn’t as much of common knowledge as I thought. There actually is some misinformation going on here, so allow me to enlighten you.

The teleporter detection area is a grid of 3x3 blocks above the teleporter, and having any part of your hitbox touching this grid is the ACTUAL criteria for teleportation. Meaning that you don’t actually NEED to be even touching the teleporter for it to teleport you. This actually means that you can use a switch or lever for the input signal, and it will be equally as valid as a pressure plate.

To make a sideways teleporter, you would simply need to rotate the detection grid alongside the actual teleporter, meaning that you just have to stand next to the sideways teleporter in the correct direction for you to be teleported.

Currently, the record for maximum destinations from a single location using teleporters is 44. With sideways teleporters implemented, this could easily be upped to at least 60, and that's assuming you have only rudimentary knowledge of how they work. Upside Down teleporters are also a theoretical thing that would be just as easy as this to implement.

I actually am really excited by this prospect :D, it has SO much potential. And because the 3x3 is a perfect square, there wouldn't be any weird conflictions from implementing this!

Yea I thought more people knew this

Back
Top Bottom