Mobile Simple and cheap key mold farm

The collector

Terrarian
So this is a guide on farming key molds!As you already know,there are many types of key molds farms that are already out there.But most of them require lihzahrd traps and a lot of effort.Im up to something different.

What you need-A fast pickaxe(a hardmode drill will do),some biome specific blocks,a bucket of lava

Optional-Clentaminator,purple/red/etc solution.

So let's get to it now shall we?

The first thing you need to do is draining your ocean.You go to the furthest edge,pull your drill out and drill at the ground until you go to hell(well underworld really).
Then you come up again,and this is where the optional items might get some use.
You can either cover your now desert like ocean with the biome blocks,or you can just shoot the clentaminator like crazy and make it into the biome you desire.

Now that you hve a nifty little mini biome that has a maximized surface ground,flatten it down.
Then,make a small area and pour lava in it as much as your pyro instincts tell you to.Dont worry,key molds are all we care about,and they don't burn thanks to their rarity.

Now you just have to sit there in the middle of your lava pool and wait for the monsters get a warm-sorry, burning experience while trying to nibble your head off.Now turn your devices brightness to the least,plug it into a charger and go to sleep.Next morning you might get some luck on getting a key mold!

This is all well and good, but for maximum effieciency, you could just use 200 blocks of purple ice, 200 blocks of red ice, and 80 lihzahrd bricks to make a farm for all key molds except hallow. Then you can just replace 200 of the blocks with pearlstone to get the hallow key mold.

This is all well and good, but for maximum effieciency, you could just use 200 blocks of purple ice, 200 blocks of red ice, and 80 lihzahrd bricks to make a farm for all key molds except hallow. Then you can just replace 200 of the blocks with pearlstone to get the hallow key mold.
That is true!Cookies to you!

Remember there is a set time Items can stay on the ground before disappearing and also a set limit to how many items can exist in the world so sleeping is not a good choice.

Remember there is a set time Items can stay on the ground before disappearing and also a set limit to how many items can exist in the world so sleeping is not a good choice.
I heard somewhere that, although coins are 12 minutes, other items take something like 18 real-time days.

Why sacrafice a beautiful ocean if the drop rate of key molds is 1/2000
Btw you have to be in the right biome in order to obtain a certain one, and at the moment there are no Hell Key Molds so this is a little useless (Unless you want lots of obsidion :3.)

Why sacrafice a beautiful ocean if the drop rate of key molds is 1/2000
Btw you have to be in the right biome in order to obtain a certain one, and at the moment there are no Hell Key Molds so this is a little useless (Unless you want lots of obsidion :3.)

Placing enough blocks that correlate to the key mold you want will cause mobs in that area to drop it, regardless of what biome you're really in. That's why the method I described works. Corruption seems to override jungle, snow, and crimson, yet you'll still get all four key molds with enough time.

Placing enough blocks that correlate to the key mold you want will cause mobs in that area to drop it, regardless of what biome you're really in. That's why the method I described works. Corruption seems to override jungle, snow, and crimson, yet you'll still get all four key molds with enough time.
Ah ok, I see then.

Will this help me get a frost key mold?
image.jpg
They are statue spawned monsters in the frozen biome. They drop banners, but will they drop key molds?

You will get one. I just recieved my snow key mold today! And its easy.

Find a snow biome or create one yourself. For creating one get 900 snow blocks and build a 5 Block Deep and 100 Block Wide snow Biome. Find some flat land before you do this.

When you are done, get some wood, make a Workbench and place it in the middle and get a water candle to olace on the Workbench and drink a Battle Potion.

Back
Top Bottom