Mobile Simple and cheap key mold farm

I made one of those over-the- ocean biome mini biome square farm traps, but araipamas from the jungle biome bit won't spawn. Have I put too little jungle blocks?:pumpking:

here's a suggestion for the guide

make something like this in a biome with keys:

That's how I did mine

seriously 505games you didn't know about this?

So this is a guide on farming key molds!As you already know,there are many types of key molds farms that are already out there.But most of them require lihzahrd traps and a lot of effort.Im up to something different.

What you need-A fast pickaxe(a hardmode drill will do),some biome specific blocks,a bucket of lava

Optional-Clentaminator,purple/red/etc solution.

So let's get to it now shall we?

The first thing you need to do is draining your ocean.You go to the furthest edge,pull your drill out and drill at the ground until you go to hell(well underworld really).
Then you come up again,and this is where the optional items might get some use.
You can either cover your now desert like ocean with the biome blocks,or you can just shoot the clentaminator like crazy and make it into the biome you desire.

Now that you hve a nifty little mini biome that has a maximized surface ground,flatten it down.
Then,make a small area and pour lava in it as much as your pyro instincts tell you to.Dont worry,key molds are all we care about,and they don't burn thanks to their rarity.

Now you just have to sit there in the middle of your lava pool and wait for the monsters get a warm-sorry, burning experience while trying to nibble your head off.Now turn your devices brightness to the least,plug it into a charger and go to sleep.Next morning you might get some luck on getting a key mold!
I
Coin gun and discount card exists. I have it. I'm not sure about lucky coin though.
Aye can u help me get the frozen key mold

So guys, whats the best way to farm a frozen key mold? Thats the only one i dont have, some sort of guide and a screenshot would be great.
nMXzll9.png

Will something like this work?

Last edited:
Make a super long platform of snow, long enough that enemies off screen are Snow Biome enemies. Fill small caves below you and destroy any blocks that an enemy might spawn on. Once you do that, simply place a Water Candle and drink a Battle Potion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-17-08-30-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-17-08-30-10.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 242
This AFK Farm design worked well for me on PC and Console. Simple to build and doesn't require draining oceans...

EDIT
Attached screenshot of my build on PC.

Attachments

• KeyMoldFarm.jpg
    KeyMoldFarm.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Any kind of platform works as long you put chests on it before the lava. The chests are primarily there to prevent the platforms from being destroyed by the lava. That they are useful for storing loot is just a bonus.

Last edited:
The farm its working, but i just got a jungle key mold from it, why am i getting jungle molds when i have both purple ice and normal ice in there? its something to do with the lixard bricks?

I dont believe in traps lol. Too much work with all the wiring and placements of the statues, pressure plates and all that. A good ol fashioned flat arena will do. Adds in the fun of killing and testing.

The farm its working, but i just got a jungle key mold from it, why am i getting jungle molds when i have both purple ice and normal ice in there? its something to do with the lixard bricks?
If you have 80+ Lihzarhrd Bricks (or Mud tiles with Jungle grass) you create an artificial Jungle biome. This is good as together with the Water Candle it maximises the spawn rate. You can get Jungle Key Molds because of this.

For Corruption and Crimson Key Molds you need 200 tiles for each biome. It's useful to use Purple Ice Blocks (Corruption) and Red Ice Blocks (Crimson) as they also count towards the Snow biome. If you have 300+ tiles of Normal/Purple/Red Ice Blocks, you will also get Frozen Key Molds.

If you have 80+ Lihzarhrd Bricks (or Mud tiles with Jungle grass) you create an artificial Jungle biome. This is good as together with the Water Candle it maximises the spawn rate. You can get Jungle Key Molds because of this.

For Corruption and Crimson Key Molds you need 200 tiles for each biome. It's useful to use Purple Ice Blocks (Corruption) and Red Ice Blocks (Crimson) as they also count towards the Snow biome. If you have 300+ tiles of Normal/Purple/Red Ice Blocks, you will also get Frozen Key Molds.

n6J5KyP.png

Will this drop frozen keys? I got a jungle and a corruption key mold just now :/ i only need the frozen key.

Edit, just got a frozen key now, man this farm is fast :) Thanks

Last edited:
If the total number of Ice Blocks is over 300, it should drop Frozen Key Molds. However for the Console version I now remember having to add additional Snow Blocks because of a bug (I added over 350). This was like 3 updates ago so the bug should be fixed now, but if not that's what to do. As the Mobile version was ported from the Console version, it's possible that it has the same bug. If you don't get anything after trying for an hour or so, add more blocks.

BTW You should put chests on the platform, then pour lava. It's better than traps. It's also good to hammer the outside blocks to a slope. This will guide wayward enemies into the trap.

BTW2 This is a hardmode world right? You should also get Arapaimas as well as Jellyfishes.
Edit, just got a frozen key now, man this farm is fast :) Thanks
That's great! Have fun :)

Last edited:
If the total number of Ice Blocks is over 300, it should drop Frozen Key Molds. However for the Console version I now remember having to add additional Snow Blocks because of a bug (I added over 350). This was like 3 updates ago so the bug should be fixed now, but if not that's what to do. As the Mobile version was ported from the Console version, it's possible that it has the same bug. If you don't get anything after trying for an hour or so, add more blocks.

BTW You should put chests on the platform, then pour lava. It's better than traps. It's also good to hammer the outside blocks to a slope. This will guide wayward enemies into the trap.

BTW2 This is a hardmode world right? You should also get Arapaimas as well as Jellyfishes.

I know, but i had the traps on me so i used them, and got 3 keys in under an hour so its working and its quitte effective. I also changed the date on my phone to get goodie bags :p i really wanted the grim reaper costume.

Its in hardmode yes, but for some strange reason they do not spawn in there, i only see them in some pools of water underground.

Back
Top Bottom