Mobile Simple and cheap key mold farm

Not exactly cheap but if you have at least 2 platinum coins you're good.
What I did to farm most of my key molds was to get a minion method. Wear a full set of tiki armor (preferably to have an extra minion) and wear a tiki necklace other gear is optional (use necromantic scroll if you have one as well). Use battle potions and water candles and you have an easy farm. If you want to afk make a space high enough so mimics can't jump through to you but leave 2 spaces open to get in and out of. I'll post a picture later if I can get it to work. This works great in underground tundra in hardmode because the ice mimics come constantly if you make a flat area and I usually make up to 6 platinum in an hour (approximate) just afking and selling the ice mimic drops
[DOUBLEPOST=1453326025,1453325487][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont believe in traps lol. Too much work with all the wiring and placements of the statues, pressure plates and all that. A good ol fashioned flat arena will do. Adds in the fun of killing and testing.
Completely agree. Traps imo make the game kinda boring but when you got your own farm going that sudden realization you got a drop in the middle of combat is awesome and worth working for

VERY GOOD IDEA!!!:D Use it in this order from left to right for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY:cool::
L 100+ Pearlstone
| 200+ Ebonstone/Crimstone (depending on world)
| 80+ Lizahrd Bricks
R 300+ NORMAL Ice Blocks
Build it across the sky!;)

Last edited:
300+ Ice Blocks are needed if you want the Frozen Key Mold. 80 Lihzarhd Blocks is enough for the Jungle Key Mold (or 80 Mud Blocks with Jungle grass growing on EVERY tile). The entire thing has to be built over a stretch that is at most 100 tiles long (and I assume high enough for Harpies to spawn).

WOW, my vampire knives and scourge of the corruptor just disappeared when i tried to reforge them. Now i need both molds again. FeelsBadMan

WOW, my vampire knives and scourge of the corruptor just disappeared when i tried to reforge them. Now i need both molds again. FeelsBadMan
That's strange. I'd give you one of my moulds cause I always try to keep multiple weapons in case something happens

So i just finished the Frost moon event, killed like 4 ice queens and got absolutely NO DROPS from her? like really?

So i just finished the Frost moon event, killed like 4 ice queens and got absolutely NO DROPS from her? like really?
Hey it happens, you are not the only one. You really have to grind for her. But if you get the Razorpine, the fight will be alot easier, of course along with other equipment that pairs really well with the Razorpine. Ive gone past the Bonus waves and fought pairs of the Ice Queen, Santa NK-1, and Everscream

Or make only one (five to be safe) and use an awesome bug to use it MULTIPLE times! Tap the item, then quickly open your inventory and drag it in a non hotbar slot before it disappears! :p
I thought that's how it was done!:D
[DOUBLEPOST=1456784273,1456783972][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got I from OCRAM, not his minions, OCRAM himself. 1/2500 chance of that happening and OCRAM drops it. X)
Finally!
Any enemy, even bosses and maybe even critters can drop key molds:cool:

I got the Staff Of Frost Hydra from ice biome key mold, but it won't spawn. I place it on the ground, it uses my mana, but it's not spawning/appearing. I also got the Jungle, and hallow key molds. I keep getting jungle tho. All I need is the Crimson Key Mold, and the Corruption Key Mold. If anyone wants me to show them a pic of my farm, private message me.

It takes a long time for key molds.

You can kill any type. I just summoned one of the moons in the desired biome, and it eventually dropped.

The easier part:
Simultaneously killing EoW or Brain Of Cthulhu in their respective biome.
Trust me it works!
i got the Corruption Key Mold by doing that lol:dryadhappy::kingslime:
But you could instead kill king slime over and over til you get the mold you want on every biome that has their mold.

Back
Top Bottom