Simple Hardmode Boss and Event Set-Ups

Matthew Devenish

Spazmatism
I have completely Shrek'd Terraria. I've killed most of the Pre-Hardmode bosses on the first night, got most of the items, all the pets, and I've killed all bosses at the same time. So, I've devoted my time on Terraria to making autofarms, giveaways, and helping others. So, because for new players Hardmode is, well hard, this is my guide to all of the Hardmode bosses.

The Destroyer:
The Destroyer is most likely the first Hardmode boss you will encounter. He is a Hardmode alternative of the Eater Of Worlds, as he is a large mechanical worm. Using simply a Magic Dagger and/or Crystal Storm is highly recommended. Only a Ironskin and Regeneration with some Mana Potions is all that's necessary with Mythril/Orichalcum or Adamantite/Titanium armour. Killing him gives you Hallowed Bars and Souls Of Might. Make the Megashark and the Hallowed Helmet at the least. It's receommended to fight The Destroyer at least twice, so the player can get a full hallowed armour set.

The Twins:

These are best fought with the above mentioned Megashark. Using simply Crystal Bullets, a long runway and some decent armour should get you through this easily. From the souls of sight, you can craft the Rainbow Rod, Fairy Bell (light pet) and the Magical Harp. None of these are highly needed, but can be a decent help.

Skeletron Prime:

Using once again, the Megashark with Crystal Bullets is great. If you have a Truffle NPC, the Mushroom Spear is a lifesave in this fight up close. His souls (of fright) can be used for the Neptune's Shell, or the Flamethrower. The Flamethrower is an extremely weak weapon, but can be crafted if you want. The Neptune's Shell, allows the user to turn into a merman underwater. This can be crafted with the Moon Charm to make a pretty decent accessory, which replaces the need for the Arctic Diving Gear.

Plantera:

If you made the Drax/Pickaxe Axe you should now have at least Chlorophyte armour. For a defensive melee build, make Turtle Armour. For mages, Chlorophyte Armour with the mage helmet is the best you can get for now, and for rangers, Shroomite is a must-have if you're willing to spend 1 platinum at the Truffle. Weapons for this fight are up to you. All users should use the best they can get, eg. Death Sickle or Megashark or Golden Shower.

Golem:

Using the best you can find and the traps from the Lihzard Temple, Golem is an easy kill, and allows for the Picksaw, Possessed Hatchet, Heat Ray, Eye Of The Golem, Sun Stone (for Celestial Stone), Temple Staff Of Earth, and the amazing Stynger *gasp* Once you have your weapon of choice from the Golem, you really can't go wrong. The only boss left is Duke Fishron, or as I like to call him... Doucheron.

Duke Fishron:

Honestly, for this fight you'll probably be better off using weapons from the Pumpkin/Frost Moon Events. Mobility is essential for this fight, as his bubbles (yes you read that right, bubbles) are extremely dangerous, the same as his Cthulhunados. Once you defeat Duke Fishron, you will access to the Bubble Gun, Razorblade Typhoon, Flairon, Tsunami, Tempest Staff and the Fishron Wings.

Pumpkin Moon:

The Pumpkin Moon is a 15 wave event, which includes such bosses like Mourning Wood and Pumpking. Generally, if you've managed to get Duke Fishron's drops, this event will be extremely easy. No matter build you have, it should be simple to get to at least wave 13.

Frost Moon:

The Frost Moon (20 waves) is the hardest event in the game (until 1.3). This event features Everscream, Santa-NK1/Santank and the extremely hated Ice Queen. This event is very difficult and even I can't help too much. Melee is the only build where I have achieved wave 15+. This is when I first started learning about wiring. If you make a decent enough autofarm, it should be simple enough. The video link below by HappyDays is very helpful!

If you found this small guide helpful please let me know ^_^

Back
Top Bottom