PC Simple Hexadecimal Counter

Teapare

Terrarian
I couldn't find anything like that but if there is something like that, then I apologize.
This is a hexadecimal counter based on wire bulbs' 16 states. I just thought that binary counters are quite big and inconvenient at the same time because to reach great numbers you'll have to make a lot of digits. At the same time I find common decimal counters huge and complicated so I decided to make something simple. This one counts up to 65 536 and at the same time it is pretty small. I am sure I can make it even smaller.
Because it is based on wire bulbs, it requires some training or at least a scheme to read it:
dOgbvUp5qpY.jpg

Basically it works just like a binary counter, it only changes the output, making it smaller. It is pretty easy to guess that it isn't designed for users, it is designed for engineers. I honestly don't know why would anyone need a counter which can count up to 65536, 3-digit version which counts up to 4096 is surely enough. But maybe it can be used for some very long timers...
I am planning on making a decimal version as well, but it is a bit harder because I'll have to make it stop at 9, which is yellow-red, and start from 0 again, and I am pretty new to engineering.
V3Zp4_B7bks.jpg

This is surely not the smallest version, it can be a lot shorter and wider, and the distance between the logic gates in the reset system can be shortened as well... But that one is enough for me personally.
Here's the recording of it working:
I still don't understand why would anyone need this

Last edited:
That's a pretty neat invention!

I should try learning how wiring works in Terraria because I'm totally a noob when it comes to that sort of stuff

Back
Top Bottom