tModLoader Simple Levels

First of all thank you very much for the mod, it's pretty decent, I love it!
Is there a chance that we can get a toned down version for the damage and damage reduction stats?

Edit: Nevermind, just read page 2 of this Thread.
Looking forward to a new version :)

Last edited:
@hugojmaia would be nice if you could set minimal Use Time on item speedup time increase, because some items from calamity (p90 and soma prime) have default Use Time = 1, so getting even small bonus to use speed cause them to stop working.

Last edited:
Minor update released.
I've been getting some bad fluid performance when build hellevators on my machine, I assumed it could be my own mod hogging too much resources with all those calculations on every frame. So I went about optimizing that end.
Very high chances that I've broken the "Buff" and "Nerf" versions of this mod with this update.
I'll probably be wrong when I get back to continuing the hellevators, but at least I'm happy with this minor update.

Edit: Of course things went too smoothly when updating the code. The hp buff wasn't loading correctly and I didn't even notice it the first time.
That has been fixed. There might be some other hiccups I haven't noticed yet.

Last edited:
Hello, first i want to say thankyou. this mode made my game easier. im not a very smart person so i can't pull of pro moves to advance through the game so this mode really help me. also i want to ask if the exp gap past level 100 is doubled? cuz i cant seems to lvl up without hunting for a long time. i also try to kill some boss and the exp is not really big compared with killiing mobs with increased spawn rate. maybe an increase the amount of exp from bosses would be a nice touch. im using calamity mod. sorry for bad english

(sorry fo my english)
...have some bag with this mode, when play with friend server:

When I or he use any item be it a sword or a pickaxe other player dont see the animations of it.
The Tool/sword simply hangs overhead without animation and sounds like as if the attack speed is as fast as possible.
(I suppose that server thinks that the attack speed is too high and the animation simply cannot be played for other player on server)

In the singleplay and on my screen on server animation is fine for me but not too my friend on his screen.

Is there a way to fix it?

It's been a while since I last played Terraria, so updates slowed down after that. And the lack of people telling me the mod broke makes me think it is working fine with the most recent TML.

@Aurum 2 The xp curve is exponential, capping at 200 million xp at level 110.
I noted down the unrewarding boss xp and will up it once I work again on this mod, not sure when that will be since university is eating quite a lot of my time atm and will stay like this until mid December.

@Jewelyn What you experienced is the result of me having no one to help test multiplayer with.
The only thing I've worked to make sure it functions fine in multiplayer is the xp for everyone in the world.
Everything else is ran locally by the mod which is probably why it's not registering properly.
And I do not know how to fix such a thing.

@Jewelyn What you experienced is the result of me having no one to help test multiplayer with.
The only thing I've worked to make sure it functions fine in multiplayer is the xp for everyone in the world.
Everything else is ran locally by the mod which is probably why it's not registering properly.
And I do not know how to fix such a thing.

sad 😭
My girl and I very like that mod

What is good about this mod:
- progression is felt immediately
- installing the nerf version you get the balance
- no extra items needed
- ... there is no need to explain to the girl what and how it works

PS
hugojmaia
If you can find a solution to the animation problem it will be very nice
and
If u need i can try help you server testing

At Lvl 999,999,999, you start dying because your health went negative.
Also, can flight speed be increased every 100 levels?

What happened to you is set as a warning on the mod that buffs this one, with that high a level your health got so big it wrapped around (probably 50 times) and ended up negative.

As for flight speed, if you mean vertical ascent it's tied to the wing you have equipped. For horizontal speed it caps at a 50% increase at level 50 and flight time starts increasing at level 51 and caps at level 100 with 5 extra seconds of flight.
Most of the mod's bonuses will cap by level 200, only damage and hp are uncapped.
I'll probably cap those at level 1,000 or 10,000, which is plenty given that reaching level 100 already requires such a grind.

It feels like not much at all, but put on some of the vanilla speed increases and you'll probably have trouble with fine control of the character.
The speed boost is applied on top of w/e you have equipped. The goal was to not render gear useless.

2.0.0 is out, changes:

Icon has a slight border now. (At least I think this one is working, it hasn't shown up for me.)
Mod description changed.
The cap for xp required to level up has been increased to 500 million, it'll cap around level 120 now.
Level now capped at 1000.
Internal handling of the damage and hp buffs changed. They now have a 0.1% step and a multiplier that can be set by the player with the new command.

Added the /simpleSetMultiplierDamageHP command. This allows the player to set on the fly how discrete or how strong the buffs are. Default values are 20 and 10, which result in +2% damage and +1% hp per level.
Yes this command is gigantic and used to set both at the same time, each one caps at 1000, setting a value bigger than that will leave it unchanged.
Setting any to 0 turns off the respective buff.

Removed most buffs, only hp and damage remain.
Removed the /simple command.
Removed the /simpleSetLevel command.

Is there a wey to load this in without tmodloader on 1.4?
I have no clue if it's possible, the mod was coded using things provided by tmodloader.
I will however work on a tml 1.4 release.

Quick note for those that updated and are wondering why the buffs are at 0.
On existing characters the mod will try to load the saved setting for the buffs, find nothing and will default both to 0.
To fix this execute the command /simpleSetMultiplierDamageHP 20 10 for default values.

1.4 Alpha version is out.

With 1.4.4 release of tml and the 2.2.0 version of this mod released on the steam workshop, have fun messing around with the game.
No more janky commands!

Back
Top Bottom