tModLoader Simple Life and Mana Bars

Subaro

Terrarian
Hello and welcome,

I´m going to create a custom resource bars mod. This will include custom life bars, mana bars and other UI Elements that I can edit.

Current Features:
  • Custom Health and mana bars with custom colors.

Bild.PNG

UI:
FirstUI.PNG

1. Select a Color with the slider.
2.1 Click Life Color to change the color of your life bar. (Same goes for Mana on the mana tab)
or
2.2 Click Life Fruit Color to change the color of the life bar. The Life Color will slowly change to the Life Fruit Color if you consume enough life fruits.

With the yellow/orange panel at the top right, you can drag and drop the window.

Note:
-Options Tab is currently empty (Here can you later choose between borders)
-Color are not saved at the moment. You need to reconfigure at the restart.

Changelog:
v1.0.2:
-added the first UI to change the desired color at runtime
You can change the: Life Color, Life Fruit Color, Mana Color

v1.0.1:
-added support for items that grants more maximum life
-hp bar slowly turn gold if you use life fruits

I published the mod in the mod browser under the name:
Simple Resource Bars

You can also download the .tmod file: https://mega.nz/#!w0VUAAyD!mtAr0w5vCPxi5E5A0F8HTxAw9xfV5kSIunUuhTM0e58

Last edited:
Very neat idea! You could make the life bars slowly being golden after u consumed a life fruit.

Could you pleas add some variants ? like maybe round the edges and add some different color types ...

sometimes you can just get sick off the same red , blue and yellow.

Orange black and white deserve some life to ;D

To be honest, I think this mod should have a customization "option". You could setup a way to modify the colors of the bars in config files or make it possible for people to create own created life bar or mana bar. A new possible addition could also be a customizable black panel in the backgroud {that can be disabled or enabled} so it doesn't feel weird to have all of those buffs & debuffs icons just aside from life & mana bars and the UI won't feel poor/empty.

{As a side note, I haven't any modding knowledge on Terraria so I don't know if it's possible}

To be honest, I think this mod should have a customization "option". You could setup a way to modify the colors of the bars in config files or make it possible for people to create own created life bar or mana bar. A new possible addition could also be a customizable black panel in the backgroud {that can be disabled or enabled} so it doesn't feel weird to have all of those buffs & debuffs icons just aside from life & mana bars and the UI won't feel poor/empty.

{As a side note, I haven't any modding knowledge on Terraria so I don't know if it's possible}

At the moment I'm creating a UI to easily change the colors. In the next days, the UI will be published. After that I'm going to implement different Border and completely different styles.

Updated to Version 1.0.2

Changelog:
Code:
v1.0.2:
-added the first UI to change the desired color at runtime
You can change the: Life Color, Life Fruit Color, Mana Color

Maybe add an option to change color at 75%, 50%, 25%?
I'd like 50% to be yellow and 25% to be red so I can tell whether or not I'm boned without having to look directly at the bar.

Another addition could be to add a red tint to the screen whenever you fall below a certain amount of health. This way if you're in an intense fight where you shouldn't be looking away from the fight and at the health, you can instantly know you'd better find a nurse or use a potion.

Thank you.

EDIT: Of course, after you give an upload link, the in-game mod browser starts to work for me. Go figure.

MOAR EDIT: How do I change the colors? It looked like I can do so in-game according to your screenshots, but I can't find the option to let me change the colors. It works, I just can't figure out how to change the colors.

Last edited:
Thank you.

EDIT: Of course, after you give an upload link, the in-game mod browser starts to work for me. Go figure.

MOAR EDIT: How do I change the colors? It looked like I can do so in-game according to your screenshots, but I can't find the option to let me change the colors. It works, I just can't figure out how to change the colors.
Ya have to map the UI pop-up to a button in the controls scheme.
[doublepost=1487948306,1487948279][/doublepost]
There is now a download link available :)
Thank you! I'm loving this mod so far for sure!

cant download it from mega。。。plz give me another link..
the mod is great ,but mega is suck

Back
Top Bottom