Console Simple Slime Staff/Gel Farm

ArticReaper

Official Terrarian
So I come up with this idea for a simple small Smile farm. That will give you lots of Gel and a Slime Staff every now and then. As the drop rate on the staff is about 0.01%

You can also get money out of this as well. As gel sells for 1 copper.

So to build this farm you will need a few things:

1x Slime Statue
1x 1sec Timer
1x Bucket Of Lava
1x Red Wrench
1x Blue Wrench
1x Green Wrench
20x Wire
20x Your block of choice (Any block that lava and mobs won't fall through)

Now you will want to make a box. That box should look like this

Terraria box.png

Which is 6 blocks along the bottom and top. And 5 long on the sides.

Once you are done with building your Box. You will want to add a single block to the bottom of the box. On either left or right side. Which ever you prefer. And it should look like this.

Box with side.png

Now you want to place your 1sec timer on top of that block.

Box with timer.png

Now you will want to place your slime statue in the box. Place it so it is right in the middle like so.

Box with statue.png

Now get your bucket of lava and place the lava into the box and then take it out. And that should leave a tiny amount in the box. Which is enough for mobs to die on. But drops not be destroyed.

Now you will want to get your Red, Green and Blue Wrench and your 20 Wires. Now you will want to place each color like this.

Red:
Box with red wire.png

Blue:
Box with Blue Wire.png

Green:
Box with Green Wire.png

Once you are done with that. You are done. Turn on the 1sec timer and leave it. And slimes will spawn and be killed by the lava and you will get all the gel.

You will no doubt have to stand there for awhile so going afk here for awhile would be a good idea if you want the slime staff.

Below you can see a gif. Of me getting the staff while using the above method for farming slime.

l3jTxyp.gif

If you liked this Guide please let me know and I will make more just like this one. Pictures and all.

Nice guide, very simple to understand. :)

One way to improve output though would be to replace the timer with a simple hoik engine.
View attachment 102884

So it works. But it is a real pain to get out of. And I will give it props for been faster as well. But With the one I have above. You can easliy turn it on and off and go back to doing what you are doing. Where as this hoik one. You semi have to reset it after every use. I like it tho. But its not very simple in my eyes at least D:

I agree it's a bit awkward to get out of if you don't have a Magic Mirror or Rod of Discord (sorry forgot to mention that). And unfortunately it isn't possible to use an actuator wired to a switch on one of the hoik teeth to get out either. On console there's this bug where Switches, Pressure Plates and Timers activate wires in a 1 tile radius.

But the increase in output may be worth it.

So I come up with this idea for a simple small Smile farm. That will give you lots of Gel and a Slime Staff every now and then. As the drop rate on the staff is about 0.01%

You can also get money out of this as well. As gel sells for 1 copper.

So to build this farm you will need a few things:

1x Slime Statue
1x 1sec Timer
1x Bucket Of Lava
1x Red Wrench
1x Blue Wrench
1x Green Wrench
20x Wire
20x Your block of choice (Any block that lava and mobs won't fall through)

Now you will want to make a box. That box should look like this

View attachment 102744

Which is 6 blocks along the bottom and top. And 5 long on the sides.

Once you are done with building your Box. You will want to add a single block to the bottom of the box. On either left or right side. Which ever you prefer. And it should look like this.

View attachment 102745

Now you want to place your 1sec timer on top of that block.

View attachment 102746

Now you will want to place your slime statue in the box. Place it so it is right in the middle like so.

View attachment 102747

Now get your bucket of lava and place the lava into the box and then take it out. And that should leave a tiny amount in the box. Which is enough for mobs to die on. But drops not be destroyed.

Now you will want to get your Red, Green and Blue Wrench and your 20 Wires. Now you will want to place each color like this.

Red:
View attachment 102748

Blue:
View attachment 102749

Green:
View attachment 102750

Once you are done with that. You are done. Turn on the 1sec timer and leave it. And slimes will spawn and be killed by the lava and you will get all the gel.

You will no doubt have to stand there for awhile so going afk here for awhile would be a good idea if you want the slime staff.

Below you can see a gif. Of me getting the staff while using the above method for farming slime.

l3jTxyp.gif

If you liked this Guide please let me know and I will make more just like this one. Pictures and all.
Great guide! Loving the visual aids :)
Edit: Dunno if the glitches on console would prevent it but a second 1 second timer in the opposite corner wired to the opposite places could double your output. There's two invisible pieces of the statue at the top that you can wire to.

Edit: Dunno if the glitches on console would prevent it but a second 1 second timer in the opposite corner wired to the opposite places could double your output. There's two invisible pieces of the statue at the top that you can wire to.

I will check it out now. And let ya know. Thank you :)
[doublepost=1459664817,1459664787][/doublepost]
the sheer amunt of slime staffs you would get from this would b insane (especialy if you stacked it up about 5 layers

I will make a few more and stack them together and see if it works. And Will get back to you in a few. :3

If you meant this. It only spawned 3 at a time from the statue. And that was with either the left one on or right one or both on. With both 1sec timers on. It would only spawn a max of 3.

Terraria Slime.png

the sheer amunt of slime staffs you would get from this would b insane (especialy if you stacked it up about 5 layers

So I stacked them like this, that way you can get what ever drops. BUT Slimes only spawned from 3 of the statues at a time. And it would only be 1 from 3 of them.

Terraria Slime box.png

And this is the Wiring that I did.

Terraria slime box wiring.png

bLzrAkB.gif

Last edited:
So I stacked them like this, that way you can get what ever drops. BUT Slimes only spawned from 3 of the statues at a time. And it would only be 1 from 3 of them.

View attachment 103071

View attachment 103072

bLzrAkB.gif
You need to alternate your timers. There's a limit to how many can be spawned at once. If you activate each of your timers separately it will stagger the spawns and should yield results faster. Definitely don't wire all the timers to the same switch.

You need to alternate your timers. There's a limit to how many can be spawned at once. If you activate each of your timers separately it will stagger the spawns and should yield results faster. Definitely don't wire all the timers to the same switch.

Alright I have an idea that might work. Let me try it out.

Edit: And My idea didn't work

Last edited:

View attachment 103071

View attachment 103072

bLzrAkB.gif
This is because there is a limit to the amount of mobs spawned from one type of statue, within a certain time period (not a glitch) which permits more that three spawned mobs within a certain radius (~10 blocks). One way to improve this would be to have a powered minecart track, running along underneath a set of slime statues with lava and a timer set-up like yours. Similar to this

This is because there is a limit to the amount of mobs spawned from one type of statue, within a certain time period (not a glitch) which permits more that three spawned mobs within a certain radius (~10 blocks). One way to improve this would be to have a powered minecart track, running along underneath a set of slime statues with lava and a timer set-up like yours. Similar to this

Well the whole purpose to this build was to make it simple :p But I will check out the video you linked and see what I can come up with

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom