PC Since a technical issue couldn't be fixed, is there a mod that reveals all areas touched by players?

UPDATE: I NOW JUST NEED SOMETHING THAT REVEALS TO ALL PLAYERS ANYTHING THAT TORCHES LIGHT UP

Due to my character's personal map data being irrecoverable, (see prior post history/why I created this account), I've officially said "screw it, let's see if the modding community has a fix for this"
I'm looking for a mod/tool that will reveal/show on the mini-map all areas that torches reveal.
I don't want the entire world revealed, because that feels wrong, too easy, and I didn't mine stupidly large lines through the Underground Jungle, (with max world size) to find the temple if I was going to just have the entire thing revealed to me in the end. I've worked for ages on this world, gave up on trying to fix it for a while, and with 1.4.1 coming soon I don't want to miss out on the fun that will be, so I'm turning to the modding community for help. For context, this is what I did to my Underground Jungle Biome and why I'd reasonably want that map data/something similar to it back if anyone's curious.
This is a single player world that's had zero mods used in it, been pretty explored (2-3/10s or so) of all the map, (with a lot of torches, too) so if there is some mod that reveals an area on a character's personal map with in X amount of blocks that have been touched by players it should be pretty easy to get said data back more or less.

If anyone has some recommended mods etc, that could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
I don't think that is possible.

The file on your system that has become corrupted stores the places you have been and touched. That data isn't stored elsewhere so no mod would be able to recover it. At least that is my understanding of the files.

I don't think that is possible.

The file on your system that has become corrupted stores the places you have been and touched. That data isn't stored elsewhere so no mod would be able to recover it. At least that is my understanding of the files.
What would you suggest that I do to gain my massive amount of map data back then? Is there a mod that would add all areas lit up by light sources such as torches (but not lava) to a mini map? I was extremely thorough in what I lit up, so if that's possible it would seem like the best option.

For this instance I wouldn't object to going to a free item server and getting something such as a flying vehicle and speed boosts, but that's still a very large area to cover and a LOT of time, such as all the caves I've been in, as well as the entire Dungeon and large sections of the underworld.

To be honest I don't know enough about modding on Terraria to answer.

When I have lost map reveal data, I have recovered it by exploring again. Scourge of the Corrupter and Magma Stone/Fire Gauntlet work well underground.

I would have to defer to someone with more knowledge about modding as to whether revealing the map based on torches is possible.

Back
Top Bottom