PC Single incident - Blue screen of death upon exiting Terraria

Samrux

Santa Claus
Last night, after I had finished messing around in 1.3 for a bit, I closed the game. When I pressed exit, my computer glitched and gave me a blue screen.

I don't feel in the mood to purposefully test this by myself again, but I think it is worth it to report the incident here, for anyone to see.

I'll also note that I haven't installed any new programs on my computer for weeks, so if it was caused by any changes made to my PC, it might have been the update. However, there is no more evidence to support that claim, so I'll just leave this here.

The same thing happened to me and it even corrupted my world.
EDIT: My player was not corrupted.

Last edited:
For me, when pressing Exit, the game Crashes and terminates itself, but I have never (yet) experienced a BSOD.

Just an update: Both the world and character that I last used before the bluescreen got corrupted, even when both of them saved correctly before the crash.

I also had this happen last night. Upon clicking "Save and Quit", by computer blue screened. Upon restarting, my world was corrupt, but not my character.

That Friday, by the way, Terraria didn't open. I had to check the integrity of the game cache before I could play again.

Back
Top Bottom