Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Before 1.4, I could assign the Enter key as my jump button, now I cannot do that anymore since the introduction of the chat function to single player, you can assign Enter to be the jump key in the keybindings but it has no effect since every time you press Enter, the chat box pops up. Is there anyway to reassign what key is used for chat or a way to disable the chat function entirely so I can have my Enter key back?

If there is anything that can be done to resolve this issue I would appreciate it greatly as this is ruining my enjoyment of 1.4, really don't want to use another key because I had what I felt was a perfect, comfortable setup that worked without issues before 1.4.

This is currently working as intended, but expansion to the keybinding support system is something we may be able to look into in a future update.

You definitely should have tested it more before you put it in there, there really is no reason to have a single player chat function in the first place, who am I supposed to be talking to? Really needs to be more control over keybinds. Definitely NOT playing until this crap is fixed.

You definitely should have tested it more before you put it in there, there really is no reason to have a single player chat function in the first place, who am I supposed to be talking to? Really needs to be more control over keybinds. Definitely NOT playing until this crap is fixed.
Lmao chill out dude, if anything he's trying to help, besides who jumps with the enter key, you issue is as obscure as it can get.
You dont like something, then wait until mod support, if there isnt a mod for it make one, the devs dont have to account for every little MINOR "issue" like this.
There's stuff i dont like about the game but i dont go around being mean to whoever just because i dont like their answer.

Lmao chill out dude, if anything he's trying to help, besides who jumps with the enter key, you issue is as obscure as it can get.
You dont like something, then wait until mod support, if there isnt a mod for it make one, the devs dont have to account for every little MINOR "issue" like this.
There's stuff i dont like about the game but i dont go around being mean to whoever just because i dont like their answer.
Regardless if anyone thinks it's obscure or not, there needs to be more keybind options, my way is efficient and comfortable and I shouldn't be forced to change how I desire to play because of some function added that makes zero sense. There are many ways you can play this game, there are many ways people choose to play this game, don't be so narrow minded.

There are many ways you can play this game, there are many ways people choose to play this game, don't be so narrow minded.

There's no reason to make disrespectful remarks towards other members. Please refrain from making such remarks in the future. Your issue has been addressed as feedback that the developers will look into.

There's no reason to make disrespectful remarks towards other members. Please refrain from making such remarks in the future. Your issue has been addressed as feedback that the developers will look into.
I am going to respond to someone how they choose to respond to me, my way of playing is not "obscure" that is why I chose to respond that way. One should should not assume things. If someone decides to be insulting towards how I chose to play then they shall be dealt the same hand, make of that what you will.

You know, if you stopped and thought for a second you'd know why they added the chat feature into Singleplayer. The reason is so players can look at previous status messages (events, achievements, *50th/*100th kill count, NPCs moving in, etc) just like how they can in multiplayer. Minecraft does this exactly the same. You can open up the chat to do commands at your will and see previous status messages in both Single & Multiplayer. Maybe the devs should've considered having a bind for "Open Chat", but it was never a real issue as most people leave the Enter key to do exactly that, chat.
So in theory, your issue is technically "obscure" as it's not a common type of problem most players have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom