Map-Puzzle SINGLE PLAYER cooperative puzzle map.

Do you think this idea would make a good puzzle map?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes, but it needs more work

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it sounds boring

• Total voters

Zaj

Terrarian
This is an idea for a new twist on the portal gun puzzles map genre, I think it would be really cool.

The base idea of this map is there are two parrelel sets of puzzles, your player is in one and an NPC is in the other. The NPC never goes into your section, and you never go into theirs. The goal is to guide the NPC through each puzzle using the portal gun, portal gun stations, conveyerbelts and teal pressure pads. The map is based on the principle that NPCs are moved by portals.

Triggers in your section of the map would alter the NPC's side, and vice-versa, thus to progress you must cooperate with the NPC.

There is a problem with this though, NPCs despawn and go back to their houses at night if they are off-screen.

To solve this, at the begining of each puzzle, you would activate a king or queen statue to bring a random NPC from a housing complex somewhere in the world, and at the end of each puzzle a teleporter would bring them back. In addition, the puzzles would not allow you to have the NPC offscreen since the two sets off puzzels are so closely tied together.

The goal of creating this map is to have the NPC to not be seen as a hinderance, but rather another player (that you have a lot of control over via conveyer belts) helping you

Other, side ideas might include:

Guiding a yo-yo through a one-block wide maze to trigger a pressure pad.

Using NPCs to fight enemies/bosses

Storyline:
There is no specific storyline I have come up with, mayby you are finding a lost family member?

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to post below.

If anyone would like to use this idea, go ahead and make the map! I certainly don't have the skill to make it.

I was thinking of making a map with the same kind of concept, but for two players, who get separate and the goal is for them to find each other by cooperating to activate mechanical stuff ect, in order to progress.
But your idea of doing this with NPC is also a good idea, even tho it can be tricky.
is there anyone willing to work on something like that with me?
if so, let me know here or by PM. thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom