NPCs & Enemies Skeletron leaves behind his remains

Good idea?

• I love it!

• Nice idea, could use some changes though (Explain in comments)

• Nah, not a big fan (Explain in comments)

• This idea sucks!!! (Explain plz)

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, what if, during the Skeletron fight, you lure him very far away from the dungeon, or if you fight Skeletron above the dungeon or somthing, will his skull just fly all the way across the map and magically phase through blocks? Because I think that in certain most cases, that might look very strange.

index.php

This is a pretty simple aesthetic suggestion. Once you defeat Skeletron (for the first time in the world) he leaves behind his skull as a decoration, tilted to the side and placed in the center of the dungeon entrance. It would only be able to be destroyed and replaced using the Picksaw. The reason for that is because, as a purely aesthetic feature, when you return to the hardmode dungeon Post-Plantera, the first time you enter the eyes of Skeletron's head faintly glow red.

LxZ0QMo.png

(Thanks @Awordley for the image!)

Semi-related idea: I, for one (and I doubt I'm alone), don't like brutally murdering my Clothier to rematch Skeletron and grind for his rare drops. With this idea, you'd be able to craft a Cursed Bone at a Demon/Crimson Altar with 30 bones and 1 Necromantic Rune (A new rare drop from all skeleton enemies in the dungeon). Using this item to interact with the skull would summon Skeletron, but only at night.

EDIT: A suggestion by Lecic
It appears you're boned.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424353131][/DOUBLEPOST]
index.php

This is a pretty simple aesthetic suggestion. Once you defeat Skeletron (for the first time in the world) he leaves behind his skull as a decoration, tilted to the side and placed in the center of the dungeon entrance. It would only be able to be destroyed and replaced using the Picksaw. The reason for that is because, as a purely aesthetic feature, when you return to the hardmode dungeon Post-Plantera, the first time you enter the eyes of Skeletron's head faintly glow red.

LxZ0QMo.png

(Thanks @Awordley for the image!)

Semi-related idea: I, for one (and I doubt I'm alone), don't like brutally murdering my Clothier to rematch Skeletron and grind for his rare drops. With this idea, you'd be able to craft a Cursed Bone at a Demon/Crimson Altar with 30 bones and 1 Necromantic Rune (A new rare drop from all skeleton enemies in the dungeon). Using this item to interact with the skull would summon Skeletron, but only at night.

EDIT: A suggestion by Lecic
The fact that the Clothier's death summons him and that he has a voodoo doll means that the cursed bone idea is kinda null and void.

This would be an awesome aesthetic 100% support (decoded) and should be implemented asap...on a side note i liketo brutally slay both the guide and clothier after a long and tedious night of grinding especially when they decide they're gonna leave the doors open on blood moons so the mobs can ignore my intricate raised doorstep method of protection...if i could use my bare fists i would but i has to settle for rotten eggs and the like...let the hate mail roll in lolz

I also hate murdering my poor resident old guy. I always feel so bad. ;( This is a nice, creative way to avoid that.
Also, the Cursed Bone would effectively take the place of a consumable Clothier Voodoo Doll. As I have a chest full of the things, I'd really like this idea to be added.
I approve!

Back
Top Bottom