NPCs & Enemies Skeletron leaves behind his remains

Good idea?

• I love it!

• Nice idea, could use some changes though (Explain in comments)

• Nah, not a big fan (Explain in comments)

• This idea sucks!!! (Explain plz)

Results are only viewable after voting.
he could just float down near the dungeon entrance, then explode after you kill him so his skull hits the wall/door and he falls there

oh yeah +1 ALL THE WAY

Warning ─ 1.3 Spoiler ahead!
With the cultists waiting at the dungeon entrance post-golem now, I fear this could cause the area in fron of the dungeon to be rather crowded with multiple boss summoning objects.

Warning ─ 1.3 Spoiler ahead!
With the cultists waiting at the dungeon entrance post-golem now, I fear this could cause the area in fron of the dungeon to be rather crowded with multiple boss summoning objects.
Yeah, good point, I think the skull would be far enough away to not get in the way of the cultists though.

Sure, why not. and making it easier to farm skeletron without having to be a brutal murderer is nice. support :) (simple as that :p )

The "Head flies towards the Dungeon" thing might look a bit silly, and you might want to destroy the Dungeon before getting the Picksaw, so I have my own idea.

Once Skeletron is defeated, Skeletron's head can spawn somewhere nearby the Dungeon (not on/in it). It can be destroyed with any pickaxe, but will respawn again somewhere else after one day has passed.
Of course, for it to spawn, it needs a big enough space. It also cannot spawn near NPCs or while you can see it.

As cool as the suggestion is, it just seems like a pointless feature to have at the dungeon. I would prefer that in the dungeon there would be additional chests locked (other than the gold and biome chests) but after you defeat Plantera; Skeletron would have this eyes glowing red. Then you will revive skeletron, who will be in rage and would be buffed and have multiple new attacks. My idea is behind this is that you would need to defeat skeletron again in order to ''access'' the hardmode dungeon, his only drop would be a key used to open the new chests.

Though, your suggestion is great, and I appreciate the time you came up with it. I just thought I'd share my own idea, it was pretty much what I thought would happen in your suggestion when I first saw the images.

Well the guide is stupid, and mostly useless apart from his sprite smiles :p :) :(

\

Yeah, I agree. I feel like he has been through enough already.

The guide, on the other hand, can go away.

What? Why does everyone dislike the Guide? He is there for you as soon as you enter the world. He helps you at every turn, supplying you with recipes and giving you tips on where to go next to help you progress. He does this knowing that, one day, you are going to sacrifice him to unleash unspeakable evil upon the world. Not only does he know that, but he tells you how to do it, once he thinks your ready. And not only did he do all this, but he has trained replacements to show up, who all realize they could also be sacrificed at any time.

I think it's different to stab someone who has already suffered, is elderly, and inoccent, with a spear. Than to sacrifice someone who was willing to be sacrificed with out the use of a weapon.

Uh, he might be willing, but not sure how being burned alive at random with no warning is much better.

I see a lot fo people supporting this but what about others that are happy with the status quo? The idea of killing NPC stemmed from the fact they previously did actions to annoy the players like opening doors to let zombies in or block interactive items like chest by standing in front of those, arguably the Goblin Tinker is the most grievous example by taking two platinum to reforge an accessory to menacing.

It seems fitting to tie in boss summoning with NPC killing because there's a darker feeling to it than replacing it with normal summoning items, some of us appreciate that. If this were added there'd be no toggle option since it'd be so pointlessly niche.

Why does everyone dislike the Guide
This also doesn't support NPC equality, which is odd. The reason players hate the Guide more than the Clothier is because one NPC isn't enough to reduce spawn rates for monsters so he ends up getting in the way, but the exact same thing would happen if you started with the Clothier or any NPC for that matter. It's not the "Guide" who's frustrating it's the "NPC programing" that is.

For those of you who state "sure, why not" just know there are some of us that would mind. I get people may want alternatives to murdering their NPCs, which should include not killing the Guide too, but it doesn't really add anything to the game to change it, so this is purely a matter of very minor options for both sides of the argument.

I think protecting thematic elements in the game is a net positive, it keeps the game's character unique.

A while ago in an update far far away, the Guide let in a hoard of zombies and I got brutally murdered. It felt so good to have his voodoo doll bask in lava.
But I support this small changes like this make the game feel more alive in a sense it would be a nice little add-on.

A while ago in an update far far away, the Guide let in a hoard of zombies and I got brutally murdered. It felt so good to have his voodoo doll bask in lava.
But I support this small changes like this make the game feel more alive in a sense it would be a nice little add-on.

He was just testing you, to help you improve :D A great hero must go through great trials after all!:naughty:

It should glow post skeleton prime, and brighter post-plantera
Also it should be breakable with a picksaw or chlorophyte pickaxe

Back
Top Bottom