NPCs & Enemies Skeletron MK2 prime

Do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xenon shadow

Terrarian
Hello this is my first thread and I have a lot of ideas for Terraria and here's one that almost all my friends have asked me to suggest, it is called the Skeletron MK2 if there is any similar threads please inform me.

Skeletron MK2 is summoned by using an old engine found deep underground or crafted (20 souls of fright, 2 mechanical skulls 1 adamantite/titanium bar and 50 bones)
AI: skeletron/skeletron prime, it has six limbs MK2 prime hammer (190 damage 7 knockback)( slams up and down), flail (180 damage 7 knockback)(AI spike ball), canon,laser,vice and chainsaw(upgraded version of the prime saw)(210 damage)(in expert mode all attacks plus 70 damage) as it spins its head spikes comes out and shoots lasers each laser is about 90 damage.

drops skeltron MK2 prime trophy 12.3%, any MK2 prime weapon 54.8%, 15-26 greater healing potions, 15-30 souls of fright and bone blade(155 damage fast speed average knockback)

So it's a sideboss. I would like to see exact stats of weapons dropped, also a few more explanation about attack pattern of boss would be extremely helpful.

Right, there are a few issues with this suggestion.

My first and foremost suggestion is that if you're going to expand upon an existing boss, you really need to highlight and explain the additions. Right now, the Hammer and Flail have only gotten a glance over: I'm not sure what you mean by slams up and down, as there are a lot of ways for something to slam up and down, and I have no idea what the Flail does. Does it act like an ordinary flail, like the Blue Moon? Does it act like the Vice? Does it act like a Boomerang? You should explain each addition at least with one paragraph.

Secondly, the crafting recipe is very expensive, but the biggest problem is that the recipe requires a total of 110 Bones (2 x 30 for the Mechanical Skulls + 60 for the Old Engine recipe). However, Bones stop dropping after Plantera has been defeated and the Dungeon 'upgrades', so unless you have a large stockpile (and even if you do, 110 is still a lot), you're going to run out of Bones and will have to farm new worlds (which also means waiting until it's night first, then defeating Skeletron). Continuing on that trend, Souls of Fright are only dropped from Skeletron Prime, who needs a Mechanical Skull to be summoned as well. So not only does that cost more Bones, but essentially it costs another Mechanical Skull as well. And finally, Adamantite and Titanium are only feasible if you fish a lot. I recommend using something more common.

You said that the summoning item can also be found deep underground. Could you expand on that? Where and how do you get it? Is it easy to get or does it require grinding? Is there a limited supply?

The damage statistics blow even Expert Moon Lord out of the water. I always recommend against giving absolute damage values (and especially knockback values, nobody can get a proper image by a knockback value of 7), because they are somewhat meaningless, and in reality they are established through testing anyway: pretty much nobody gets the balance right on the first try. It's much more useful if you tell us around which tier the boss appears (Post-Moon Lord, Post-Plantera, Early Hardmode etc.) and explain what each part does, that's also much more exciting for the reader than just a string of numbers.

Lastly, you're talking about MK2 Prime weapons. Tell us about them! Weapons are exciting, if anything they justify to us why we would want to fight your boss. They should be the main reason people take on the challenge, not the mechanics. Bone Blade, does it do anything special, like fire a projectile, or is it just a sword? Go wild!

All in all, this suggestion has quite some work to it. Try and highlight the additions, like new limbs for the boss and new items. That's what people want to read about in a suggestion, not damage numbers. ;)

EDIT: Also, in future, try to avoid polarised polls. If you are going to give people the option between 'IT SUCKS' and 'Great idea!', people who are in the middle don't have anywhere to vote (and nothing good is going to come from inviting people to tell you your idea sucks). Actually, you don't need a poll at all, because the enitre purpose of this thread is for us to tell you what we think about your idea, but if you insist, just try something like:
  1. I like it.
  2. There are some things I dislike.
  3. I don't like it.

Last edited:
well I suppose that there are a lot of problems with the crafting recipe and misunderstandings so I might change the crafting for the old engine a little. Here is the new recipe 5 souls of both light, 5 souls of night, 2 lead/iron bars and 5 vertebrae/rotten chunks. And the hammer AI:spike ball both hammer and flail are 90 damage each and the vice,canon and laser all are 80 damage while the chainsaw is 85 damage. The idea of the old engine is like the suspicious looking eye sometimes spawning in chests, the old engine has a 5.8% chance of spawning in chest under ground and has a 0.6% chance of dropping from skeleton enemies like armored skeletons and angry bones etc... the rest i will state the next day I gotta rest.

This boss can be fought at the start of hardmode.
(Solution: Use only one Mechanical Skull, use 20 Hallowed Bars)

The items have stats better than Duke Fishron's stuff.
(Solution: Lower all MK2 related item's damage, lower Bone Blade damage to 64?)

You did not specify what type of weapon that these drops are.
(Solution: Label the items as either "Melee", "Ranged", or "Magic.")

Don't worry. I made a suggestions like this when I was new here.
Read this and this.
The former is a pinned thread made by the user Baconfry; made to advise newbies about suggesting.
The latter is an example of a good suggestion.

I not trying beat down on you, alright? I'm just pointing out things so that you can make this suggestion better.

We had Skeletron, we got Skeletron Prime, we don't need another Skeletron Prime.

I read the other thread, and it seemed quite good. I was wondering what it would look like? It's definitely got potential.

Back
Top Bottom