Mobile Skipping the respawn cooldown

RocketBoy02

Official Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Google Pixel 3a
Mobile OS
Android 10
Just this morning, I was playing Terraria on the bus, and I accidentally discovered a way to skip having to wait to respawn. I was exploring in the cave in my "For the Worthy" playthrough and I was cornered by a skeleton and a bat. I tried to fight them until I knew that my death was coming, and I used a recall potion to escape the situation... And at first glance, it had worked. I was so worried because I used a recall potion at the literal last moment I could have, and I was relieved to see that I didn't see the death screen.

But... There was one thing off. There was a death message that had appeared when I used the potion. I checked my inventory- my coins were gone (this was Master Mode, so all coins are dropped upon death).

When I returned to the site I left, there was a tombstone there. I shared this with my friends, and one of them was actually able to replicate it. If you use a recall potion at the exact same time you die, then you die without the death screen popping up, and you can get right back into gameplay. This shouldn't happen.

Took me forever to replicate this but it does happen, it works with the potion of return too.
So yeah this is strange. I was doing it with fall damage on my journey mode character, it’s odd to se this happen

Back
Top Bottom