Sky Dragon's fury secondary attack affected by by ranged critical chance modifiers

superwill771

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Despite being a melee weapon, the Sky Dragon's Fury's secondary attack is affected by ranged critical modifiers, such as the shroomite armour's set bonus.
20200727132117_1.jpg
20200727132143_1.jpg

This is a difficult one to test, as there isn't an easy way to record critical hits and it deals with chances. However, I tried testing comparing Solar (melee), Vortex (ranged) and Nebula (magic - control) armour, plus no armour at all. (No accessories modifying critical hit chance equipped.)

The SD Fury's secondary attack is definitely using melee damage modifiers. Vortex, Nebula and no armour had no difference in damage.
Based on my observations, the SD Fury's secondary attack is also using melee critical strike modifiers too. Solar armour had a noticeably increased chance of critical hits compared to Vortex, Nebula and no armour.

Is there anything in particular that indicates it's using the ranged critical modifier that I may have missed?

This is a difficult one to test, as there isn't an easy way to record critical hits and it deals with chances. However, I tried testing comparing Solar (melee), Vortex (ranged) and Nebula (magic - control) armour, plus no armour at all. (No accessories modifying critical hit chance equipped.)

The SD Fury's secondary attack is definitely using melee damage modifiers. Vortex, Nebula and no armour had no difference in damage.
Based on my observations, the SD Fury's secondary attack is also using melee critical strike modifiers too. Solar armour had a noticeably increased chance of critical hits compared to Vortex, Nebula and no armour.

Is there anything in particular that indicates it's using the ranged critical modifier that I may have missed?
Just found this possible bug and did some test, its damage is definitely determined by melee, but it seems its secondary attack critical chance is partly determined by ranged crit:
With Vortex armor, it gets mostly crit damage.
1.png
While with melee crit set with 100% crit, about half of the damage is not crit.
2.png
Also, found a interesting problem: Even if I got 120% ranged crit chance, there are still a few attack not crit (less than 10%, but seems still there)

Back
Top Bottom