tModLoader Skyan Trinkets

What do you think so far?

• 3 - Eh, it has it's ups and downs. I'd consider reconsidering some of the ideas.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Bad. I don't exactly like these ideas all too much. Some are okay, I guess.

• 1 - Terrible... These all seem like complete garbage. (Please give feedback in comments if so!)

• Total voters

SkyanUltra

Terrarian
Skyan Trinkets
*title pending
Hello! Welcome to the W.I.P. forum page for my W.I.P. mod.

Currently, the forum page is in process of being renovated as a lot of my ideas have changed and I may be going with a bit of a different direction with this mod than I intended to when I made this page. Sorry that I haven't been able to release anything as of yet, I'm still working hard on changing a lot of things and adding content for everyone to enjoy.

In the mean time, you can come and check out the discord for the mod! It's pretty empty as of now, but I'm willing to answer any questions you may have about the mod and the direction I'm taking it, along with what has been added so far!
Discord

Thank you for your patience, soon I will have a page rewritten for this mod with (hopefully) the finished title sometime tomorrow.​

Last edited:
First update! I've changed around some various items. Changes include:

- Sludge Dagger replaced with Sludge Sickle
- Reworked the Sludge Skull from a summoner to melee headpiece, and the Sludge Visor from melee to throwing.
- Added Sludge Staff, Mycelium Spores, and Fungal armor.

Sounds cool. Can't wait for more content!
Thanks! I'm planning on eventually creating some more accessories for the summoner, including a large combo similar to something like the Fire Gauntlet or Recon Scope. I may also expand upon those, too! Before that, though, i'm going to try to make some new summons as there are only a few in pre-HM.

Quick update for today, introducing pre-HM rocket weapons! I'm eventually planning on also adding an obsidian armor piece as well for rockets, I just need to finish developing the first batch then I can begin making some gear based around them.

- Added 4 new rocket launchers to the weapons tab
- Added info regarding Obsidian and Gladiator armor, along with a new hood for the obsidian set.
- Added 2 new sludge weapons, being a magic weapon and a ranged weapon.
- Added 1 new ammo type for bows.
- Removed the Anklet of the Jungle accessory tree. I decided it didn't exactly fit with what I was going for, might introduce some different accessories in the future, such as a potential idea for a proper Frostspark upgrade that isn't entirely stupid (like the Terraspark Boots) or some new class specific accessories/upgrades for existing accessories.

Thanks. I'm hoping to get a version to release sometime in mid to late October, right now I want to finish up my final ideas that I deem necissary before releasing it and then it should be available on the Mod Browser

New Boss.png

Hey there! Back with a quick update. This mod might not be so small after all! I'm planning on adding a new boss to the release. I've been working on it for the past month while juggling schoolwork and getting this mod ready for release. Along with that, I have a few new items to show off! Expect an update to the page itself in a couple of weeks when the update comes out! I'll have an exact date very soon.
Detonator.png
ArchaicCane.png
StrangeKunai.png

I have an idea for the Tundra Scarf. Maybe it freezes enemies when you kill them and they shatter into damaging ice shards.

1.4.1 has recently rolled around, and it's 100% changed around my plans for some of the armor sets mentioned and being made here... 1.4.1 has made changes to the Obsidian and Gladiator Armor themselves, and there's a new set piece for summoners, the Flinx Fur Coat! Of course, some of this new content like the Flinx Fur and Obsidian Armor getting entirely new reworks deserves some new items to go with them, such as an obsidian turret sentry and perhaps a slight buff for Flinx Fur armor with a new hood to increase their damage a bit more!

What I plan to do with my content currently is sort of a last minute thing, but bear with me:

Throwing, as we all know it, is almost certainly removed. But in the rare case that throwing is still available as a class that can be used in the code of the game, then I might try to add some of these armor sets in the future! As it stands now though, throwing may just become a subclass of ranged. I'm not sure though, so for now it's kind of just stuck in limbo as for now.

Obsidian Armor will still gain a new headpiece, but of course will be changed in tandem to fit with the new armor set. Specifically, the Hood will trade out some minion damage from the hat and set bonus for an additional minion and a different whip bonus. It may or may not be some sort of fire explosion idea I have in mind, but I will try to keep it inline with the armor set's own playstyle. Hell, I might go for a sentry based armor piece! I've been thinking about expanding on the sentries in Terraria for a good while now, anyways.

Fungal Armor is probably going to need to be changed. Not only just statistically, but appearance wise, too! I've noticed that the sprite I went with is VERY close to how Fungus Armor from Thorium looks, so I am probably going to be changing around some of the set and their looks. I still will be going with the fungus hat idea, cause come on, it only makes sense with a mushroom based set. Statistically though, the armor may still be a summoner set, but will be adjusted to a different point in progression, perhaps for sentry playstyles as well! It depends though, of course.

Sludge Armor MIGHT get changed around? I'm not sure, I think the most I might do is if Thrower is entirely removed from the source code and replaced with ranged then i'm probably going to remove the Sludge Visor. That's about it, though.

Everything looks wonderful! I personally think the name choice is a bit odd if it's going to have bosses and such, but other then that it's great! I'd be willing to test if you need anybody to test. You should already know how to contact me, so if you do need a tester just send me a DM!

Everything looks wonderful! I personally think the name choice is a bit odd if it's going to have bosses and such, but other then that it's great! I'd be willing to test if you need anybody to test. You should already know how to contact me, so if you do need a tester just send me a DM!
Thanks! I've been trying to get this mod out, but because of all the issues i've run into with things such as the current state of vanilla terraria and the ideas i have in mind for this mod, i'm probably going to get this mod out after a LOT of changes. The most I can guarentee getting into the release is probably just the boss, and then a few select items like the Thermal Diving Gear and the Fungal items. The rest may be removed, replaced, or reworked entirely. I can guarentee some of the main features though, such as the brand new boss! As for the name, its currently a placeholder. I've been trying to come up with a name that has a nice ring to it that relates with the mod, but for now its just as is. Perhaps in the future the mod will gain a more permanent name, but right now I need to focus on reworking a lot of the content in the mod before I even think about releasing it, lol. Expect more news in a week or so!

I’ve made a discord! If any of you are interested, check the link in the forum page! I’m going to be remaking the forum page as before I felt it was a bit wonky, so i’m gonna improve it later tomorrow.
(Not to mention, i’m hosting a vote there for what you’d like to see me work on in the mod next! i’ll have some updates on the mod for you tomorrow, as well. A good bit of progress has been made since last time I updated this page!)

can someone lock this forum, i've already replaced it with the Azure Skies forum.
Click report on your first post, and ask for it to be locked
People think report is often only thought of as a way to flag bad posts, but really it's the "call a mod" button, use it whenever you need moderative action, such as locking your thread.
PS: before you do so, be sure to add a link to the first post mentioning this thread was moved to here tModLoader - Azure Skies

Back
Top Bottom