Map-Survival Skyblock (Vanilla)

Skyblock: A Minimalist Approach to Survival
Push your creativity and knowledge of the game to it's limit in a world where you are given as few resources as possible. Thank's in part to some new tricks in 1.4, the entire game is now beatable. Build, farm, and fight your way to the Moon Lord!

SkyIslands_Main.jpg

The main island, a lone speck floating in the void.
SkyIslands_Jungle.jpg

There are a few extra islands hidden in the world, some of them easier to find than others.
SkyIslands_Cave.jpg

Attachments

• SkyblockMedium.wld
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,454
  • SkyblockHard.wld
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,553
  • SkyblockEasy.wld
    55 KB · Views: 1,889
  • SkyblockJourney.wld
    55 KB · Views: 2,408
Last edited:
How am i supposed to find crimson hearts/shadow orbs?

The world is corruption, so naturally no crimson hearts. The road to EoW is... involved.

So the cavern island has a demon altar hidden inside it, you can use that to craft suspicious looking eyes. The EoC drops corrupt seeds, which combined with the dirt bomb trick allows you to build an artificial corruption biome that's as large as you want. From there you can get vile mushrooms and rotten chunks for worm food, again at the demon altar, allowing you to summon EoW. If it's the shadow orb drops you're after, you can get those by fishing in the corruption.

any chance of a version of the map for each difficulty? one for journey, one for classic, the current one for expert and one for master?
Maybe. Unfortunately, the map relies on an expert/master mode exclusive mechanic to function. I am working on a solution, but it's not as simple as swapping difficulties in TEdit.

Maybe. Unfortunately, the map relies on an expert/master mode exclusive mechanic to function. I am working on a solution, but it's not as simple as swapping difficulties in TEdit.

What is that exclusive mechanic I might ask? I did end up changing it to master myself for my playthrough.

This is how I'm doing so far, been using hay for building homes(ever since getting merchant) and also purposefully died 6 times to make a graveyard for maggots(easy bait)

20200617193707_1.jpg

Been having really bad acorn luck from my trees though, but I did get a Gi from a travelling merchant and also purchased the mining helmet.
Also love the sickle in this map, both as a tool and as a weapon.

Regardless it's been fun so far! I do ask though, is there a dungeon somewhere in the map? Cause how else will the player fight skeletron then the lunatic cultist(also just to have a spot to fish dungeon crates and otherwise farm gold keys for dungeon lockboxes)

What is that exclusive mechanic I might ask? I did end up changing it to master myself for my playthrough.

This is how I'm doing so far, been using hay for building homes(ever since getting merchant) and also purposefully died 6 times to make a graveyard for maggots(easy bait)

View attachment 279222
Been having really bad acorn luck from my trees though, but I did get a Gi from a travelling merchant and also purchased the mining helmet.
Also love the sickle in this map, both as a tool and as a weapon.

Regardless it's been fun so far! I do ask though, is there a dungeon somewhere in the map? Cause how else will the player fight skeletron then the lunatic cultist(also just to have a spot to fish dungeon crates and otherwise farm gold keys for dungeon lockboxes)

I'm glad you are enjoying the map! I didn't consider using the graveyard as a source bait, that's really clever.
To answer your questions though,

- There is a dungeon, and also a Lizard Temple. They are pretty far away from the main island though, I may make them closer in future.

- On expert mode, lava slimes drop a bit of lava on death, which is currently the only way to get a lava bucket.

- The dryad (and zoologist) sell tree seeds, so if you are having difficulty with acorn drops I recommend fighting EoC.

I'm glad you are enjoying the map! I didn't consider using the graveyard as a source bait, that's really clever.
To answer your questions though,

- There is a dungeon, and also a Lizard Temple. They are pretty far away from the main island though, I may make them closer in future.

- On expert mode, lava slimes drop a bit of lava on death, which is currently the only way to get a lava bucket.

- The dryad (and zoologist) sell tree seeds, so if you are having difficulty with acorn drops I recommend fighting EoC.

Ah right the ol lava flubbers. :p

Could at least have a Journey Mode, and Master Mode version of the map then, and for the journey mode players it could specify to play it on 2x difficulty or higher on the slider.

Just also wanted to mention the gravekeeper shovel(another reason to get the graveyard)

When duping dirt blocks with dirt bombs, it makes digging all the dirt alot faster.

Sorry for so many posts in a row, but this time I felt like sharing some more pics of me playing the map. In a spoiler for those who don't wish to be spoiled.

Managed to farm a demon scythe from the underworld, it's been nice for helping clear out zombies, demon eyes and slimes that have been getting in the way of building.
20200619142323_1.jpg

Heres a dirt farm I made for duping dirt with dirt bombs.
20200619153018_1.jpg

Finally got some gemcorns set up, only found sapphires and emeralds so far, still gotta dig out more of the cave island.
20200619155703_1.jpg

A little jungle farm spot set up for later, mainly for getting sluggies, grubbies and buggies for bait.
20200619155723_1.jpg

And lastly, me ever so desperately trying to get sky crates, sadly without high test fishing line my line snaps 99.9% of the time >.<
20200619155838_1.jpg

Also I can only assume theres no sand in this map at all, which means no desert biome... Big oof.

As for the snow biome I guess it's the same there huh? I can at least think of a late game way to make a snow biome, but that's not for a while.
1. Reach Wave 20 of Frost Moon to get christmas for a day(or set the time between december 15th and 31st)
2. Farm presents for snow globes
3. Farm frost legion for snow blocks
4. Make artificial snow biome with blocks for ice crates.

That at least makes frostspark boots possible in this map.

Oh, and what about hellstone? Will I happen to stumble across some at some point in the map? Or is that just unobtainable, if it's the latter then I guess I'm stuck making an artificial ocean biome and hoping for angler then huh? (Then attempting quests till I get hotline rod)

Sorry for so many posts in a row, but this time I felt like sharing some more pics of me playing the map. In a spoiler for those who don't wish to be spoiled.

Managed to farm a demon scythe from the underworld, it's been nice for helping clear out zombies, demon eyes and slimes that have been getting in the way of building.
View attachment 279568

Heres a dirt farm I made for duping dirt with dirt bombs.
View attachment 279569

Finally got some gemcorns set up, only found sapphires and emeralds so far, still gotta dig out more of the cave island.
View attachment 279570

A little jungle farm spot set up for later, mainly for getting sluggies, grubbies and buggies for bait.
View attachment 279571

And lastly, me ever so desperately trying to get sky crates, sadly without high test fishing line my line snaps 99.9% of the time >.<
View attachment 279572

Also I can only assume theres no sand in this map at all, which means no desert biome... Big oof.

As for the snow biome I guess it's the same there huh? I can at least think of a late game way to make a snow biome, but that's not for a while.
1. Reach Wave 20 of Frost Moon to get christmas for a day(or set the time between december 15th and 31st)
2. Farm presents for snow globes
3. Farm frost legion for snow blocks
4. Make artificial snow biome with blocks for ice crates.

That at least makes frostspark boots possible in this map.

Oh, and what about hellstone? Will I happen to stumble across some at some point in the map? Or is that just unobtainable, if it's the latter then I guess I'm stuck making an artificial ocean biome and hoping for angler then huh? (Then attempting quests till I get hotline rod)

There is sand in the map, but not much. This is probably going to change though.

While there is no hellstone, you don't need to grind for the absurdly rare hotline. The golden bug net (which is much more common) can catch lava bait.

Just sharing more of my experience with this map!

I managed to get the angler, and from thereon out I grinded angler quests, using a bed to fast forward through days.

30 quests later, I now have a golden bug net, all fish finder items, the full angler set and the golden fishing rod. Also have the Tackle Box and Angler Earring, but no HTFL yet.
20200620200410_1.jpg

Also been fishing alot, now have a starfury for a sword, and a lucky horseshoe, thanks to sky crates.
Now I've just mainly been fishing in my main pond, which is considered a jungle pond due to my jungle farm below.

20200620200841_1.jpg

I did manage to get a boomstick from a jungle crate!(took a few jungle crates but I got one anywho!)
So now I have an arms dealer, and was able to use the graveyard to get a Quad-Barrel Shotgun. Between that and the Demon Scythe, I have a bit of damage now.

20200620204736_1.jpg

Managed to get one life crystal so far thanks to gold crates. Now to get 4 more to be able to get the goblin army at least, still gotta get more life for all the boss fighting too, especially since I'm playing on master mode.

Wait, can antlions spawn on any sand blocks or just in deserts? If it's the latter then I guess getting more sand is impossible then. I used the sand given to try to get an antlion to spawn in order to get more sand, but if they're restricted to deserts only then I'll never be able to get more sand, which kinda sucks considering I wanted to get alot of bottles for recall potions.

Anywho also sharing some more of my adventure through skyblock below.
Finally managed to get 200HP(Took way too many gold crates), beat the goblin army to get the tinkerer, then proceeded to beat the Eye of Cthulhu.
20200621180537_1.jpg

Made a little room for relics, I will make it bigger later.
20200621184634_1.jpg

Also got started with making corruption, currently trying to make a big filled in area for the Eater of Worlds to dig around in as to not have it fall into the void mid fight. It's not gonna look pretty, but it'll serve its purpose.
20200621211307_1.jpg

EDIT: An alternative idea would be to provide antlion mandibles somewhere in the map, enough to craft a sand gun, as the sand gun when used with the right buffs and equipment can duplicate sand.

Last edited:
Wait, can antlions spawn on any sand blocks or just in deserts? If it's the latter then I guess getting more sand is impossible then. I used the sand given to try to get an antlion to spawn in order to get more sand, but if they're restricted to deserts only then I'll never be able to get more sand, which kinda sucks considering I wanted to get alot of bottles for recall potions.

Anywho also sharing some more of my adventure through skyblock below.
Finally managed to get 200HP(Took way too many gold crates), beat the goblin army to get the tinkerer, then proceeded to beat the Eye of Cthulhu.
View attachment 279987

Made a little room for relics, I will make it bigger later.
View attachment 279988

Also got started with making corruption, currently trying to make a big filled in area for the Eater of Worlds to dig around in as to not have it fall into the void mid fight. It's not gonna look pretty, but it'll serve its purpose.
View attachment 279989

EDIT: An alternative idea would be to provide antlion mandibles somewhere in the map, enough to craft a sand gun, as the sand gun when used with the right buffs and equipment can duplicate sand.

The original intent of the sand was to provide valid land for the angler to spawn on. However, The dungeon island in general is going to look quite a bit different in future, and more sand is part of those changes.

The original intent of the sand was to provide valid land for the angler to spawn on. However, The dungeon island in general is going to look quite a bit different in future, and more sand is part of those changes.

Ah, I see...

I only thought there needed to be more sand namely due to glass, right now the big issue is recall potions since theres no magic mirror. I figured having the map encourage the sand gun trick for sand farming would be cool.

So if the new version of the skyblock map has enough sand for a desert then would it be fine if I just brought enough sand from another world to make one in my existing playthrough? I'm a little reluctant to start over since I've made it a ways in now.

So if the new version of the skyblock map has enough sand for a desert then would it be fine if I just brought enough sand from another world to make one in my existing playthrough? I'm a little reluctant to start over since I've made it a ways in now.

Of course!

If you want to strictly adhere to the newer map, I would give yourself a sharpening station and abstain from the hard mode biome chests as well.

Of course!

If you want to strictly adhere to the newer map, I would give yourself a sharpening station and abstain from the hard mode biome chests as well.
Okay.

Decided to do one better anywho, I decided to just use Tedit to replace the old dungeon with the new one(minus the extra sand blocks as I had already brought over sand blocks and the sharpening station) so no need to worry about the biome chests now.

Back
Top Bottom