Switch Skyway construction is crashing my Switch!

I’ve been trying to make my AFK fallen star skyway and have been hitting issues. I have placed minecart track (and a platform, later on) for about 85% of my large map without problems. On the last 15%, the Nintendo Switch encounters an unknown error, and crashes. This occurs when I place up to 50 tiles of track or platform.
I just tried turning off the auto save, but to no avail. This will be the third skyway I’ve made on terraria. I haven’t encountered this on either the PC or Xbox 360 versions before.

I’ve been trying to make my AFK fallen star skyway and have been hitting issues. I have placed minecart track (and a platform, later on) for about 85% of my large map without problems. On the last 15%, the Nintendo Switch encounters an unknown error, and crashes. This occurs when I place up to 50 tiles of track or platform.
I just tried turning off the auto save, but to no avail. This will be the third skyway I’ve made on terraria. I haven’t encountered this on either the PC or Xbox 360 versions before.
Hi there @Matthewhelfrich, welcome to the forums. :)

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending in the info about your issue, with as much detail as possible (screenshots and videos help a ton) straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Please pardon the double post, but I wanted to follow up and give you some new info @Matthewhelfrich. You didn't mention where the crashing was happening, but if it's happening at the ocean on the right, then a workaround is to zoom all the way out.

Back
Top Bottom