Resolved Slayer of Worlds Achievement Broken (Resolved)

Muteness

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
(Resolved upon killing the Brain of Cthulhu after killing the Eater of Worlds)

With the update came 3 new achievements to complete for me despite there should have only been 1 left to do and prioer I was 89/89 done with them. Along with the infamous Benched one I also had Temple Raider and Slayer of Worlds, I completed the first two without issue but after killing the Slime Queen and then later Empress of Light I was still left with 14/15. I originally beat these bosses on a cloud saved old character on Expert worlds and then tried again with a few alterations like a new character made this patch.

Shown below is the kill and next to it is seeing that it's flagged incomplete. For reference I have killed everything up to Moon Lord last patch, I've killed what I think is every boss needed for this again in case that could resolve it. I'm not sure what else could be relevant here but I'll answer any questions I can, the only mention I've managed to find of Slayer achievements bugged was on Steam discussions stating they got it pre-hard mode.

Post Kill.png
Achievment isn't working.png

Additional detail edits I'll add as I think of them:

I think my first instance of Empress was on a world which should have been post Moon Lord however I needed to kill the Mech Bosses to get the Jungle grows restless message and then get Golem. It's possible I may be mistaken here so I'd estimate over 70% that was the case.

Last edited:
With the update came 3 new achievements to complete, along with the infamous Benched one I also had Temple Raider and Slayer of Worlds, I completed the first two without issue but after killing the Slime Queen and then later Empress of Light I was still left with 14/15. I originally beat these bosses on a cloud saved old character on Expert worlds and then tried again with a few alterations like a new character made this patch.

Shown below is the kill and next to it is seeing that it's flagged incomplete. For reference I have killed everything up to Moon Lord last patch, I've killed what I think is every boss needed for this again in case that could resolve it. I'm not sure what else could be relevant here but I'll answer any questions I can, the only mention I've managed to find of Slayer achievements bugged was on Steam discussions stating they got it pre-hard mode.

View attachment 272213View attachment 272214
The update only added the Benched achievement, all the others have been in-game since 1.3.

Did you kill both the Eater of Worlds and the Brain of Cthulhu? You need both of them for the achievement. If you have, you should try and kill every boss again and see if the achievement unlocks.

The update only added the Benched achievement, all the others have been in-game since 1.3.

Did you kill both the Eater of Worlds and the Brain of Cthulhu? You need both of them for the achievement. If you have, you should try and kill every boss again and see if the achievement unlocks.

Surprisingly The Brain kill was the key, I thought I had already cover that guess with the Eater kill and I decided to do Worm again just before, according to the wiki either one should have been sufficient but it seems to be unique to this bug of how it misregistered, thanks for bringing it up.

So, this achievement WAS bugged in 1.3.5.3, and was displaying incorrectly. This led to a lot of issues and side effects, it was only showing 14/14 kills, even though it was meant to include both evil biome bosses

1.4 fixed this, but that may result in it needing to be "finished once and for all".

Back
Top Bottom