Working as Designed Slayer Of Worlds Achievement gotten without killing Fishron?

kebrigu

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I haven't gotten around to finding a truffle worm and defeating Fishron yet, but I've somehow managed to get the Slayer of Worlds achievement?
I'd just killed the Brain in Master mode roughly 20 minutes ago, and despite not having beaten Fishron, I was given the achievement anyway.
I remember reports of a bug with Slayer of Worlds where it was displayed incorrectly due to it not counting both of the world evil bosses, is this perhaps linked?
My initial thought after reading up was that it just glitched after registering that I'd only just beaten the Brain even though I've done so several times in the past, but I'm no game/computer wiz so I can't come up with much more than that.
Any help here is appreciated!

Attachments

• sow1.png
    sow1.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 105
Welcome to the forums kebrigu!

Slayer of Worlds is a bit notorious - you are correct that it's sometimes awarded inappropriately. Duke Fishron and Wall of Flesh are two common culprits. If you restart the game, does the achievement reset so it's not awarded anymore?

Welcome to the forums kebrigu!

Slayer of Worlds is a bit notorious - you are correct that it's sometimes awarded inappropriately. Duke Fishron and Wall of Flesh are two common culprits. If you restart the game, does the achievement reset so it's not awarded anymore?
Ah, thank you for the welcome! Truth be told I should have joined a long time ago, seems like a very friendly community here. :)

I tried restarting the game and restarting steam as a whole.
The achievement doesn't show up as earned in the achievements tab in-game, but does show up as earned on my overall steam page/profile.

Attachments

• sow2.png
    sow2.png
    548.6 KB · Views: 83
  • sow3.png
    sow3.png
    1 MB · Views: 70
Can also confirm now that unlocking new achievements doesn't refresh it either.

Attachments

• sow4.png
    sow4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
The achievement doesn't show up as earned in the achievements tab in-game, but does show up as earned on my overall steam page/profile.
That's about what I expected from previous reports on Slayer of Worlds. Although the game can award Slayer of Worlds too early (and it shows in Steam), restarting the game removes it. Once you earn it by defeating all bosses, it should stay permanently earnt.
Since the achievement says 14/15 and you're yet to defeat Duke Fishron, looks like that's the last boss you need.

Slayer of Worlds had a bug with it in 1.3.5.3. We fixed that bug, but it left the achievement in a bit of an awkward place, as its "completion" was somewhat bugged already. We couldn't really undo that buggy completion, so it may be a bit unusual in behavior as the achievement is unlocked for good now, but ideally, the unusual behavior will not start in the first place moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom