Game Mechanics Sleeping in a bed.

What do you think about it ? Could it be added to the game ?

• I agree with you ! This idea is great !

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm not sure about this... maybe this need improvements.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel asleep watching your thread... this is not interesting.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chocosta

Paladin
Bonswar, guys and girls !

I'm here today/tonight/staring at you/whatever to share an idea on a mechanic that could be added in a future update :

Sleeping in a bed !

Now that you want me dead for this idea, let me explain how this could work :

Sleeping would skip the night (by timelapse or instantly) and you would wake up 20 seconds before daytime (In case of events)
In addition to setting the spawn point, the buff down below would be granted to the player after sleeping :

Rested :
Duration : From 1 to 10 minutes depending on which moment of the night you decided to sleep ;
10% Increased Damage ;
10% Increased Attack speed ;
25% Increased Movement speed ;
20% Increased Jump Height
(Including flying Accessories) ;
Tooltip : "You are rested !"
Cancelable with right-click on the icon (I suck at drawing sorry but it would represent a bed).

The buff would slowly decay, progressively making you lose the buff bonuses (You lose them faster if the buff had initially a short duration time rather than a long).

Sleeping in a bed would work by right-clicking on/pressing a button near/touching it.
In multiplayer, every players must be in a bed in order to trigger the night skip (it will still set the spawn point tough).

However, you can only do it if :

-You have at least 3 NPCs nearby ;
-There isn't any enemy arond you ;
-There aren't any events running ; (Special Moons, Invasions...)
-A boss is not about to awake (or awoken) ;
-It's nightime. I mean, why in the world would you sleep at day ?
Note : if there are more than 5 players in the world, the two first requirements will be bypassed.

That's it for this idea ! Please cast your vote and comment this idea so I can add/remove/modify things.
Please tell me also if my english is not too bad because, you know ...

BAGUETTE !

Cya, and have a nice :joy: time !

P.S : I know I tried to make some things funny to read but yeah, that's my (crappy) sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom