Texture Pack Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls

How can i include a guide how to make this texture mod work for a Operative i don't own?

Though, i've read that Xna Texture mods can work on Mac/Linux
unlike the once that requires T.C.C.L. as that it self requires Windows XP/Win7 or Vista/Win8/Win10

You likely have Steam?, i'm not sure how it directory structure is. But if you open Steam, go to the main tab "Library"
Right lick on Terraria, or what you mac users do to open up a option menu for a selected element.
chose properties, and select "Browse Local files..." that should open Terraria's Root folder.
no idea what you will see in there or if it is like the Windows version, but look for a Folder with a lot of .Xnb files.
(on Windows it's "Images" within the "Content" folder)
Ley me show you this first.
To be honest, the screenshot program I use sucks. Just look at the pic. I'll try the steam thing. Don't ask me why the pic is so incredibly small, but it's just like that.

The fact is, my content folder is missing from my Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria altogether for some reason.

Last edited:
Ley me show you this first.
To be honest, the screenshot program I use sucks. Just look at the pic. I'll try the steam thing.
No idea about that, but the Url to the picture didn't help much. as this was what it showed me:
F-42Rg1g4QtCU_qqPZVBfG-5duLrhYxx3amcafz9KEU8Fnhwys6V_dTEvHByPTtywtM7=s132

with no link to the full sized 1446x927 :dryadrolleyes:

and with some tinkering with the Url i got
F-42Rg1g4QtCU_qqPZVBfG-5duLrhYxx3amcafz9KEU8Fnhwys6V_dTEvHByPTtywtM7

not much better... but at least it is possible to make something out of it

looks like there is only 3 things in... Terraria's Root folder?, I assume the furtherest down is the game launcher
what is the file name's, File extensions and file size
There isn't a file that is somewhere between 130-200 MB ?

No idea about that, but the Url to the picture didn't help much. as this was what it showed me:
F-42Rg1g4QtCU_qqPZVBfG-5duLrhYxx3amcafz9KEU8Fnhwys6V_dTEvHByPTtywtM7=s132

with no link to the full sized 1446x927 :dryadrolleyes:

and with some tinkering with the Url i got
F-42Rg1g4QtCU_qqPZVBfG-5duLrhYxx3amcafz9KEU8Fnhwys6V_dTEvHByPTtywtM7

not much better... but at least it is possible to make something out of it

looks like there is only 3 things in... Terraria's Root folder?, I assume the furtherest down is the game launcher
what is the file name's, File extensions and file size
There isn't a file that is somewhere between 130-200 MB ?
I'm extremely sorry, but I have two more images-better sized-that might help. Both have links to websites where they are located.
These are guaranteed full-size images. I really don't know where else that darn content folder would be, it should be right there! I'm extremely dumbfounded at this point, going to steam and "browsing local files" brings me right to this. I'll figure it out somehow, whether it takes searching to the far reaches of the web, or talking to someone at Re-Logic if possible.

I'm extremely sorry, but I have two more images-better sized-that might help. Both have links to websites where they are located.
These are guaranteed full-size images. I really don't know where else that darn content folder would be, it should be right there! I'm extremely dumbfounded at this point, going to steam and "browsing local files" brings me right to this. I'll figure it out somehow, whether it takes searching to the far reaches of the web, or talking to someone at Re-Logic if possible.
I think i know where the Textures are... within the Launcher. as it is 264,4 MB
Pc's Launcher .exe is only 6,4 MB

I'm not exactly a Mac expert either (have to use one at work, and don't like it) but I think the files you want to mess with are actually inside the Terraria application, which is really a folder in disguise. (Notice the large size, Terraria.exe on Windows is only 6.5MB.) So here's a link describing how to open it up:
http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/peek-inside-mac-os-x-packages.php
I find it rather interesting that you simply can open .app's on a Mac like a folder, didn't know that

So the question now is: how does this "Folder" look inside?, what is the Directory to the .xnb textures?

Last edited:
I'm not exactly a Mac expert either (have to use one at work, and don't like it) but I think the files you want to mess with are actually inside the Terraria application, which is really a folder in disguise. (Notice the large size, Terraria.exe on Windows is only 6.5MB.) So here's a link describing how to open it up:
http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/peek-inside-mac-os-x-packages.php
This, thankfully, was exactly what I was looking for. You have to go through the "contents" folder first, then the "Content" Folder. Zilem, ManaUser, thank you for your help. Your contributions to this process are greatly appreciated.

I...hence my name...have a request, i need you to replace the mermaid tail item and animation (Armor_Legs_106.png and Item_2419.png) with the same tail animations and shape used in the Enemy Type Lamia NPC (Do your best)(NPC_528.png). These pngs were extracted from the game's xnb files using a xnb to png program. I would do it myself but i have NO IDEA how to turn png back into xnb...plus i suck at animation...but you appear to be good at it...so please help. Remember, this is only a request, you don't have to do it.

Attachments

• Item_2419.png
    Item_2419.png
    359 bytes · Views: 365
  • Armor_Legs_106.png
    Armor_Legs_106.png
    2 KB · Views: 367
  • NPC_528.png
    NPC_528.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 397
Been tinkering with the Mobile port of Terraria for a bit
Sadly I can't seem to play very well with phone controls, to save my life... :dryadsad:
Preview
(also can't adjust the textures by less then 1,0 Pixel. it's a rendering issue, one I hope 505Games is aware of...)

I...hence my name...have a request, i need you to replace the mermaid tail item and animation (Armor_Legs_106.png and Item_2419.png) with the same tail animations and shape used in the Enemy Type Lamia NPC (Do your best)(NPC_528.png). These pngs were extracted from the game's xnb files using a xnb to png program. I would do it myself but i have NO IDEA how to turn png back into xnb...plus i suck at animation...but you appear to be good at it...so please help. Remember, this is only a request, you don't have to do it.
Thank you! :dryadhappy:

I think i already partially made a Texture pretty much like that already
but found out that the base body Legs still were used for the Merfolk in Terraria v1.3 :dryadtongue:
(they vent from using Skin_Legs to 0_10 and 4_10, and there is no reason to use the base-body for the Merfolk or werewolf :dryadrolleyes: )

To convert .png into .xnb, you need a few Developer programs and a tool that use the code-language provided by the programs
and Windows XP or 7, if you have Windows 8 or above you are out of luck.
(Funny thing is that the Program that does not work for Windows 8 is made by Microsoft themselves :dryadtongue:)

I'm too tired to do it right now %-_-
But I will do it tomorrow.

Been tinkering with the Mobile port of Terraria for a bit
Sadly I can't seem to play very well with phone controls, to save my life... :dryadsad:
Preview
(also can't adjust the textures by less then 1,0 Pixel. it's a rendering issue, one I hope 505Games is aware of...)

Thank you! :dryadhappy:

I think i already partially made a Texture pretty much like that already
but found out that the base body Legs still were used for the Merfolk in Terraria v1.3 :dryadtongue:
(they vent from using Skin_Legs to 0_10 and 4_10, and there is no reason to use the base-body for the Merfolk or werewolf :dryadrolleyes: )

To convert .png into .xnb, you need a few Developer programs and a tool that use the code-language provided by the programs
and Windows XP or 7, if you have Windows 8 or above you are out of luck.
(Funny thing is that the Program that does not work for Windows 8 is made by Microsoft themselves :dryadtongue:)

I'm too tired to do it right now %-_-
But I will do it tomorrow.
Thank You

This is vanilla terraria except for the main pack and female townies:
notice the normally male (now female) characters are extremely glitched... this does not happen with just the main pack or vanilla, tho...
I compared the textures of the female merchant and the male merchant and there isnt any placement issues
2015_09_23_00002.jpg

notice the normally male (now female) characters are extremely glitched... this does not happen with just the main pack or vanilla, tho...
I compared the textures of the female merchant and the male merchant and there isnt any placement issues
2015_09_23_00002.jpg
If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's missing frames. I'm thinking that the female townies alt pack isn't updated yet, so those sprites don't have talking, sitting, etc. frames and therefore they end up goin' nuts in-game.

The issue is that your not using the Updated "Alt Female Townies" v1.5, but instead v1.4 or below. :dryadwhat:
as v1.4 or Below is not updated with the new Frames frames for the Townies in Terraria v1.3

Look at the Arms of the faulty sprites. they are thinner then the Npc's that is working correctly :dryadrolleyes:
The arms are ment to be like the Player sprites Arms
If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's missing frames. I'm thinking that the female townies alt pack isn't updated yet, so those sprites don't have talking, sitting, etc. frames and therefore they end up goin' nuts in-game.
That is correct. it is due to missing Frames of the sprites.
It is updated for Terraria v1.3, I Finished it last Thursday. :dryadwink:

The issue is that your not using the Updated "Alt Female Townies" v1.5, but instead v1.4 or below. :dryadwhat:
as v1.4 or Below is not updated with the new Frames frames for the Townies in Terraria v1.3
Uh...actually, the truth is that if the Female Townies 1.5 version is supposed to be for Terraria 1.3, you might have accidentally uploaded the wrong file. The file size of those textures is noticeably smaller compared to their Main Pack counterparts, and they have problems like in that screenshot when used in-game. I tried the Female Townies 1.5 version earlier when I noticed it added to the main post and thought that it was just an old version for Terraria 1.2 and below. Just re-downloaded it, even, and the file sizes are the same, and the NPCs are still broken. Either I've misunderstood your post and you just finished Female Townies 1.6 and that's for Terraria 1.3, or you accidentally put the folder for Female Townies 1.4 in the Female Townies 1.5 upload.

Uh...actually, the truth is that if the Female Townies 1.5 version is supposed to be for Terraria 1.3, you might have accidentally uploaded the wrong file. The file size of those textures is noticeably smaller compared to their Main Pack counterparts, and they have problems like in that screenshot when used in-game. I tried the Female Townies 1.5 version earlier when I noticed it added to the main post and thought that it was just an old version for Terraria 1.2 and below. Just re-downloaded it, even, and the file sizes are the same, and the NPCs are still broken. Either I've misunderstood your post and you just finished Female Townies 1.6 and that's for Terraria 1.3, or you accidentally put the folder for Female Townies 1.4 in the Female Townies 1.5 upload.
Wait-what? *checks content of the zip* Bloody hell!
I have no idea how that mistake happened... :dryadrolleyes:
the Readme were the right one, and the Pre-zipped folder had the right Textures, but the zip file did not... :dryadconfused:
but alas, I have fixed it and uploaded the fixed Zip (after triple checked it's content)

time to see if Gloria the Clothier will actually be a girl than a guy (edited names:dryadcool:)
Edit:
pinkiehappy.png

Edit 2: took too long to find this
Edit 3: yes I changed my pic to feature this texture pack

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom