Texture Pack Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I had a question...

Zilem, are all of the monsters female?
Don't you have slimmer versions of the original monsters with their genders maintained? (Like the Zom, zoms)
This isn't a Bump, a Bump is putting a thread on the top of the front page, and having the smallest of effort put into it.
often these Bump posts only contain the word "Bump" and nothing else.
and your post don't look like that :dryadwink:

Yes, a large portion of humanoid enemies have been turned female :dryadgrin:
there is one single zombie male; the Groom. same with the Goblins, the Tinker* is the only Male
less then half the skeletons are female, you can tell them apart by the armor and skull size.
Most of the Slim male sprites are among the Townie NPC's, Pirates and: Pinhead & Michael Myers :dryadwink:

Slim males never was the idea to begin with, as originally there only was a male player sprite, no female one.
when 1.1 came around, it came with the female sprite. I wanted the slim design just to be for the female player sprite
and have the male one be more muscular, but due to But due to the hands textures was used by both genders
and there only was 1 "Arm" texture per armor/vanity chest piece, where there was 2 Chest textures per set.
So that ideas was canned %:sigh:
But due to the both Player sprites, now being much slimmer compared to the male townies.
I felt I had to change them into the slim design as well :dryadrolleyes:

I might unoticed this type of response (sorry!) but is it able to remove certain npc textures files from game with keeping other textures, for example removing Unicorn or Pixies but keeping the rest? (Tried that already, didnt really worked and both still appeared in game)
About Texture Pack - Holy Red! You've had to put a lot of work on it!

I might unoticed this type of response (sorry!) but is it able to remove certain npc textures files from game with keeping other textures, for example removing Unicorn or Pixies but keeping the rest? (Tried that already, didnt really worked and both still appeared in game)
i remember at 1 point there was a sorted textures file (not sure if it still exists and not really wanting to check) if it still exists u could use that and find the file

Yes, by not using these files.

The unicorn:
NPC_86
Gore_101-105

The Pixies:
NPC_75
Projectile_72
Projectile_86
Projectile_87

although you'd probably want to restore to the default first. :dryadwink:
right click on your Terraria in your steam library, and select properties, go to the "Local files" tab and Select "Verify Gamefile integrality"
which will restore you Terraria gamefiles
and then copy the files (with the exception of the files above) into your Terraria's image folder.

i remember at 1 point there was a sorted textures file (not sure if it still exists and not really wanting to check) if it still exists u could use that and find the file
Yes, but i discontinued it, as it would be a b!tch to update.
Due to keeping track on every new/updated sprite, and the pack every updated into the right folder.%:sigh:
the package is already is 1.669 files, before the add-ons.

I wonder how many terrarian feminists are triggered becuz of this pack. Lol. but yea it looks good.
I do hope this triggers them! :dryadtongue:
it did trigger a male-feminist back on the original terraria forum, and i told him "if you don't like the content, then don't use it" :dryadwink:

i don't see how they would b triggered, but its still funny
They will make anything trigger them to fit their narrow narrative %:sigh:

Mod-Bug: Exclusive to "Off-hand Shields" & "Robes with Tomes"
some Issues with Wrist Accessory items while wearing "Robes with Tomes"
> Only a Issue with the off-hand for "Robes with Tomes"
- Sadly you cannot toggle the visibility off the accessory's off-hand only, and thus cannot be Fixed. - Sorry.
ik its discontinued, but suggestion to fix: within the packs, hav textures removing the offhand wrist accessory or moving it somewhere

Last edited:
ik its discontinued, but suggestion to fix: within the packs, hav textures removing the offhand wrist accessory or moving it somewhere
I think i was working on a update when i discontinued that pack, i think it was the one that added new variant of base clothing :dryadwhat:
it's pretty easy to change, by altering the textures of the off-hand accessory items to be clear textures.
looking back i don't know why i didn't do that... i might had other things on my mind at the time :dryadconfused:

Hi. first time poster so i hope i'm doing this right. I'm aware you're not working on the texture pack anymore but i have a problem.

T8V2YNO.png

i don't know why but the player textures are still the same. The npcs are slim and i've seen female monsters so i'm assuming it works but the players are still unchanged? Is there any way to fix this? maybe it's an update thing?

Hi. first time poster so i hope i'm doing this right. I'm aware you're not working on the texture pack anymore but i have a problem.

T8V2YNO.png

i don't know why but the player textures are still the same. The npcs are slim and i've seen female monsters so i'm assuming it works but the players are still unchanged? Is there any way to fix this? maybe it's an update thing?
It is very simple answer, experijmental feature texture pack is experimental, it doesn't change Player_#_# sprite and more like worn accessories.

T8V2YNO.png

Just because i am currently not working on it doesn't say it's a abandoned.
I just don't currently have any ideas of new things to add, until a content update for Terraria Of course!
as i am spending my spare time with other projects and other games aswell :dryadwink:

I would had asked which version of the core pack you used, but since @Exodus Starlit pretty agree with me that you must be using the "Experimental" pack
which is for the Experimental feature of Terraria by using texture pack's packed as .zip files.
Experimental is also a word like "in testing" or "in development" a keen to Alpha or Beta, in other words not finished and expect errors.
which it have; and here is a list of issues i Found while testing the feature. :dryadrolleyes:

If you read the first post, it should also be clear that the current version of the Texture pack is v1.9.3
and not v1.9.1 which is the version of the package packed for The experimental feature of Terraria.
I've separated the experimental test package from the Main packages downloads and added further information about the experimental future, in the Topic start. :dryadcool:

@Zilem i'm not going to b doing this bc i don't know how, but would we be allowed to make mod compatibility patches? i'm asking bc i want to use your texture pack, but @Luiafk reworked the traveling merchant and Skeleton Merchant to live in towns rather than roam, both of which will only use copied vanilla textures. he does plan to have them use the vanilla NPC's exact texture so its compatible with texture packs, but it would b good to hav some way to fix it while i'm waiting

Just because i am currently not working on it doesn't say it's a abandoned.
I just don't currently have any ideas of new things to add, until a content update for Terraria Of course!
as i am spending my spare time with other projects and other games aswell :dryadwink:

I would had asked which version of the core pack you used, but since @Exodus Starlit pretty agree with me that you must be using the "Experimental" pack
which is for the Experimental feature of Terraria by using texture pack's packed as .zip files.
Experimental is also a word like "in testing" or "in development" a keen to Alpha or Beta, in other words not finished and expect errors.
which it have; and here is a list of issues i Found while testing the feature. :dryadrolleyes:

If you read the first post, it should also be clear that the current version of the Texture pack is v1.9.3
and not v1.9.1 which is the version of the package packed for The experimental feature of Terraria.
I've separated the experimental test package from the Main packages downloads and added further information about the experimental future, in the Topic start. :dryadcool:

Oh! i see. so i guess i shouldn't be using experimental pack. Thanks for the reply!

@Zilem i'm not going to be doing this because i don't know how, but would we be allowed to make mod compatibility patches? i'm asking because i want to use your texture pack, but @Luiafk reworked the traveling merchant and Skeleton Merchant to live in towns rather than roam, both of which will only use copied vanilla textures. he does plan to have them use the vanilla NPC's exact texture so its compatible with texture packs, but it would be good to have some way to fix it while i'm waiting
Fixing or tweaking it so is compatible with other mods, i don't have an issue with that if it's for yourself. :dryadwink:

Do you think you'll ever resprite NPCs from mods like Thorium or Calamity, or is that never going to be a thing?

I love all of your resprites (maybe not the merman), but it feels weird to play with a mod and have a goblin with MUCH thicker arms come along the other vanilla goblins. (it's your call, honestly)

Anyway, I'm glad I discovered this texture pack and great job on all that respriting (must've taken a while)! :nursehappy:

Do you think you'll ever resprite NPCs from mods like Thorium or Calamity, or is that never going to be a thing?

I love all of your resprites (maybe not the merman), but it feels weird to play with a mod and have a goblin with MUCH thicker arms come along the other vanilla goblins. (it's your call, honestly)

Anyway, I'm glad I discovered this texture pack and great job on all that respriting (must've taken a while)! :nursehappy:
I don't know, both uses a .Tmod file-extension, that my archival tools can't open, since i lack the encryption key
but the TmodLoader, doesn't seem to have the ability to open or unlock the archives it can package...
which is required to to make compatibility addon for Thorium or Calamity or any of the other Tmod's
that or the mod creators gives me the textures and sprites in a format i can work with :dryadtongue:

But also i have never used Tmods before, and currently don't have the spare time to take a deep look on it, maybe in November.... %:sigh:

Why don't you like the Mermen?
well to be honest, i never liked the Frog-thing, it was more fitting for a monster, which it is: The Creature from Below
so i mde it more like a Naga/Medusa back before the Mermaid costume, Medusa and Lamia and Costume
but since they now all part of the game as enemies or clothing, I have been thinking of a sø Draug design (Sea Draugr - Norse Mythology) instead :dryadwink:
just haven't gotten around to it...:dryadrolleyes:

I'm glad that you like it :dryadhappy:
and yes, it have taken an astounding amount of time.

I don't know, both uses a .Tmod file-extension, that my archival tools can't open, since i lack the encryption key
but the TmodLoader, doesn't seem to have the ability to open or unlock the archives it can package...
which is required to to make compatibility addon for Thorium or Calamity or any of the other Tmod's
that or the mod creators gives me the textures and sprites in a format i can work with :dryadtongue:

But also i have never used Tmods before, and currently don't have the spare time to take a deep look on it, maybe in November.... %:sigh:

Why don't you like the Mermen?
well to be honest, i never liked the Frog-thing, it was more fitting for a monster, which it is: The Creature from Below
so i mde it more like a Naga/Medusa back before the Mermaid costume, Medusa and Lamia and Costume
but since they now all part of the game as enemies or clothing, I have been thinking of a sø Draug design (Sea Draugr - Norse Mythology) instead :dryadwink:
just haven't gotten around to it...:dryadrolleyes:

I'm glad that you like it :dryadhappy:
and yes, it have taken an astounding amount of time.

It's mainly because they look more like a medusa than a merman, and it just feels out of place for me (not saying the sprite is bad, it's actually quite good)

Would love to see your attempt at Sea Draugrs, though! :nursegrin:

Back
Top Bottom