Texture Pack Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls

The capricorn tale seems to be 1 pixel of from the stomach and it doesn't look very good.

View attachment 295614
Sorry ended up being a bit demotivated with the whole Crashing in Credits thing
(didn't matter if Texturepacks were active or not)
Especially since the Crash happened further as i Merged the W.I.P. Texturepack-folder with the Slim Terrarians Texturepack-folder in the ResourcePacks folder
<.<;

But after i Removed every Texturepack and Texturepack folder's from ResourcePacks folder
i was able to watch the whole Credits to the end!
:O

So i followed that Bunny for a couple of hours
<.<

with various alternations to my packs (copies of the original folders)
if your interested have a Reading my Process trying to find a pattern in the crash and texturepacks
(have a have a look, in the Report thread)

yeah i can't unsee that now...
<.<

I will have a look into re-tinkering the Capricorn outfit, give me some time to do this
^.~

Sorry ended up being a bit demotivated with the whole Crashing in Credits thing
(didn't matter if Texturepacks were active or not)
Especially since the Crash happened further as i Merged the W.I.P. Texturepack-folder with the Slim Terrarians Texturepack-folder in the ResourcePacks folder
<.<;

But after i Removed every Texturepack and Texturepack folder's from ResourcePacks folder
i was able to watch the whole Credits to the end!

So i followed that Bunny for a couple of hours
<.<

with various alternations to my packs (copies of the original folders)
if your interested have a Reading my Process trying to find a pattern in the crash and texturepacks
(have a have a look, in the Report thread)

yeah i can't unsee that now...
<.<

I will have a look into re-tinkering the Capricorn outfit, give me some time to do this
^.~
Thank!

I don't know if this sound mean at all if it does I am very sorry but is there some way to remove the monster girls portion of the pack? I really like the slim part and how it makes the characters look but the monster girl part is just a little weird to me. Again I really like your spriting but is there a way to remove them or a lite version with just the slim part and not the monster girls part? And for the remove them part what files do I remove?

I don't know if this sound mean at all if it does I am very sorry but is there some way to remove the monster girls portion of the pack? I really like the slim part and how it makes the characters look but the monster girl part is just a little weird to me. Again I really like your spriting but is there a way to remove them or a lite version with just the slim part and not the monster girls part? And for the remove them part what files do I remove?
When i read these requests this is pretty much what i read:
A: "Can you make a package for just the player sprite?" 600+ files
B: "Can you make a package for just the Mob sprites?" 500+ files

It may sounds like a "Small" request, which on the surface sounds like +1 package, Possible +2
as there things in between like: Summons, Tiles and Loadingscreens
<.<;

Although we might not see more updates to Terraria outside maybe some Bug fixes
But that is also why there are more important things on my mind then Splitting up a package
<.<

as there is a few bugs i cough, that seemingly no one seems to care enough about, or don't notice?...
what...?

and then there is the Sitting pose for player sprites...

1: Backhand
The "backhand", when petting a pet, the back arm is Rendered in between the Armor/Clothing and Torso
which means for some Armor/Clothing you character sprite will have an arm coming out of the chest
@.@

Click to Zoom!

(Below the Red line is how it should had looked)

I've tried to fix this many time, but this as best as i can do (that does not mess other things up)
it as the Layer's of the Arm frames are clearly working against
Click to Zoom!

The issue Simply is these 4 Cells of arms to the Right in the Body sheet are not behind the Body
Player_0_5.png
Same for the same cells Of Armor and Clothing "armor" sheets, they are just above the arm that is under the shirt.... (I'm not kidding)
le sigh

Have a look and see how it Looks by Default, vs how it could look if it were Fixed (below the Red Line).
Click to Zoom

2: the Sitting pose for Players
Not only does it use the Standing Frame #1 and moves the pixels around
WTF

on top of already looking a'bit Ridicules if your not sitting on the Dynasty chair
But since it moves Pixels around, How would that Look on a Modded Sprite?
Click to Zoom

I cannot fix this..., as that is the Leg frame for standing still (even sleeping)......
T_T

However i've Discovered that The standing still leg frames #2-5 are unused to be a Theory
till i painted a set of Pants Frame #2-6 Different colors (yes, even #6 "Jump", so at least the pants would change color if i jumped)
but whatever i did, i could not get the pants to change into the color Frame #2-5 had
happy.png

Maybe we could convince Devs to salvage the unused Standing frames for 2 Proper Sitting leg poses?...
^.~

I'll Attach my Test pack Below.

3: Townies anchor points on Chairs (Minor issue compared to the other 2)
Some Townies sits pixel correct on chairs while others..... sit ½ pixel of
wait-what?

Click to Zoom

You may say this could be Fixed by editing the Sprites; yes, but there is a side effect to that
:/

now the NPC will jolt the ½ pixel when you speak with them, as now the Frames are unaligned by ½ pixel (1 Actual Pixel in the sprite)
-
But, the once that sit at odd highs on chairs, they can be fixed via a sprite edit (unless the sprite goes outside the Render area, )
Click to Zoom

Pretty sure i fixed these 3...
<.<

All Images (Above) will enlarge if you click on them.

4:
Not sure if the Report was Overlooked, or because they were in the same Report Separated from each others though....
<.<

The Credits Crash were overlocked till another had the same issue, although Crashed a different place then i did....

-
As it Required you to have a texturepack that had sprites that were used in the "Credits", Active or not did not matter, just the mere presence of the files in the ResourcePack folder did, at least that were what i could access from hours used trying figure out why suddenly i Crashed Sooner after i had merged the "Slim Terrarian v1.11" W.I.P. Folder into the "Slim Terrarian Release folder" and when i moved everything outside of the folder i was able to view the whole Credits without Crashing
So if you do Crash in the Credits section

I guess i should Try again with the others and maybe have a Screenshot of every single Armor/Vanity items that have an Issues with the back arm, an Absolute Wall
;p

And Probably make a Mockup Similar to this for the Pants, but Actually ingame looking
hmmm.....

Icon_Chair_Sitting.png

Attachments

• Frame_pants(Default).zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Frame_pants(Slim).zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Finished with the 1.4.1 Update & Tweaks for the Dryad-Deer add-on
This include tweaks to the arm animation and Credits animation
SF-Preview_Texturepack-Dryad-Deer_v1.4.jpg

Sadly the Credits are a bit unstable with any texturepack with a few Townies in the ResourcePack folder
<.<;

Last edited:
For some reason i cant get it to work with the hostile NPCs, i looked in the files and they just aren't there. Which file are they in?
You can find it under "Downloads"
^.~

or linked in above post:
Updated the "Slim Terrarians" Package for 1.4.1.2
Slim Terrarians v1.11.1

I'm also Working on this
Petting Fixing
Dog Petting fix
Cat and Bunny Petting fix

so Far works for Player sprite (more or less), just need more testing for things like Accessories
^-~

Last edited:
I'm definitely gonna try this out! I've been bothered so much by the fact that the female characters have thicker arms than the men, and disproportionately long torsos/short legs. This looks so much better! I'll find out if it improves how I feel about some cute outfits I really wanted to like, but they just clashed so badly with the default figure's shape.

Either way, I can see you've put SO much work into this, and with how many combinations there are to factor in, you've really tackled the heck out of this! How far you've come, how many combinations you've made look right, is super impressive! 😻

No matter what, be proud of how much you've accomplished~! 😸

Updated the Main package to 1.11.2
Which tweaks several accessories back hand positions and shape
So back hand Gloves should now always appear behind the body rather then infront a few times
<.<

(One of the things i Talked with Leinfors about, if they were aware about these issues. which they were, but it would require to re-make the rotating arm system all over again, Damn...
eek.gif
)

and fixed like the cape for Tax Collector outfit and Royal Scepter that didn't fallow the hand correctly
<.<;

(an issue caused by the Scepter being of the old animation rig and the body in the new, took)

Also Updated and re-added some Legacy sprites: Face Monster & Witch Vulture
^.~

The Witch Vulture is a rather old sprite, she's from either 2012 or 2013, when Terraria still was on curse network (pre-2015)
old Sprite:
old Sprite - Idle frame (2012 or 2013)

new Sprite:
New Sprite - Idle frame (2020)

Is it possible to have this pack affect the player and npcs without having monster girls?

Could I delete some files in the resource packs?

Is it possible to have this pack affect the player and npcs without having monster girls?

Could I delete some files in the resource packs?
Yes... but you probably have no idea what to remove probably, as among the NPC files are files for the Townie NPCs.
But also Extra and Glow files vowed in-between the Player Sprite and NPC's.

There have been a handful of posts asking about splitting up the Package trough the years, but generally have been Player sprite or NPCs separated from the other.
With the Biggest question for me being where should all the things in the middle go.
<.<

as i see that it could be split into 3 Groups:
Player Sprite &: Mannequins, Summoner Minions, Ghost (Hardcore mode).
Townies &: Associated Tiles (Paintings). Hats (Extra)
Enemy NPC's &: Bosses, Associated Tiles (Statues Garden Gnome), Loading Screens, Speech (Extra).

Player Sprite & Townies could likely stay together as "Slim Terrarians".
And It would likely be much easier to customize NPC package, once seperated
I probably could include a .txt file with a list of the associated files for each NPC.
^.~

More Feedback regarding this could be used, before i fully settle my mind on This.
^.^

Yes... but you probably have no idea what to remove probably, as among the NPC files are files for the Townie NPCs.
But also Extra and Glow files vowed in-between the Player Sprite and NPC's.

There have been a handful of posts asking about splitting up the Package trough the years, but generally have been Player sprite or NPCs separated from the other.
With the Biggest question for me being where should all the things in the middle go.
<.<

as i see that it could be split into 3 Groups:
Player Sprite &: Mannequins, Summoner Minions, Ghost (Hardcore mode).
Townies &: Associated Tiles (Paintings). Hats (Extra)
Enemy NPC's &: Bosses, Associated Tiles (Statues Garden Gnome), Loading Screens, Speech (Extra).

Player Sprite & Townies could likely stay together as "Slim Terrarians".
And It would likely be much easier to customize NPC package, once seperated
I probably could include a .txt file with a list of the associated files for each NPC.
^.~

More Feedback regarding this could be used, before i fully settle my mind on This.
^.^
That sounds like a good way to categorize them! It would be a godsend for people like me who might want a bit more customization with the pack. Thanks for your work, just came back to Terraria and am enjoying a new playthrough with it.

This is really cool! Just wondering, does this work for the Journey's End Vanity winners? (The Plaguebringer's set, the Timeless Traveler set, ect)

Is there a file that I can just plop right into my tmodloader file?
Not really, or at least i don't know. as I have not yet used T-mod as it is not Fully compatible with 1.4

I still have my Pre-Texturepack packs available, as i understand T-mod users uses them
<.<

(the once with XNA in the file name when you hover your courser over the file name of the avalible packs, anything with TP in the filename is for 1.4)
I'm not fully sure if they used a T-mod Function to make them load as a mod-pack, or the old Method of replacing the .xnb files.

Back
Top Bottom