Biomes & Nature Slime Caverns! New underground mini biomes!

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Note: This thread is currently going under renovation, so some info may be missing/incomplete temporarily. Also, new sprites coming soon!

So slimes are everywhere. They are all around us, and seem to come from nowhere. Where do they come from anyways? Well, I intend to make a biome especially for these wonderful beings. Introducing, the Slime Cavern!

Slime caverns are mini biomes about the size of granite/marble caves. They can be found in the Cavern layer. They are mainly made up of Slimestone, which appears to be stone with green ooze coming out of it. In here, you can find Giant Slimes, Slime Chests, and more!

Note: Slimed debuff now slows the player/enemies down slightly. This would make the slime gun more viable and allow Slime to slow the player.

-Slimestone: A new stone found in the Slime Cavern or crafted with 50 stone and 1 Slime Bucket. Can be mined with any pickaxe.

-Slimestone Wall: Same as Slimestone, just a wall version of it. Can be broken with any hammer.

-Slime: A new green liquid found in the Slime Cavern. When the player is submerged in slime, they will be slowed down slightly more than honey, and the player will be affected with the Slimed debuff for 5 seconds after exiting the slime. Can be picked up with buckets.

-Slimes: All varieties of slimes from the surface and underground (excluding corruption/crimson/biome specific slimes) will spawn here. Other slimes will spawn if the Cavern is overlapping that biome. (A lot of people have been confused by this, so I’ll explain. Any colored Slimes will spawn in the Cavern. Pinky will have an increased spawn rate there. King Slime will NOT spawn in the Caverns. If an event is in progress, any Slimes in that event will spawn there. (Like if it’s night, zombie Slimes will spawn down there,). And, of the Slime Cavern is overlapping another biome, that biome’s Slimes will spawn there too.) Also, in expert mode, Spiked Slimes will also spawn.

-Giant Slimes: Giant Slimes are a new variety of slimes that spawn only in Slime Caverns. They come in 3 varieties: green, orange, and blue. All of the varieties have 100 health, though they all do different damage. Green ones do 25, blue ones do 30 damage, and orange ones do 35 damage. Green ones from 5-10 gel, blue drops 1-50, and orange drops 15-20. and have a higher chance to drop the slime staff. They also can drop their own respective banners for each variety. The Gelatin World Tour achievement required each variety of Giant Slime.

-Slime Chests: Slime Chests can now be found in in the Slime Cavern. They contain the same loot of other underground chests, along with a slime statue and a few special items. Special finds: Slime Crown (20% chance), Slime Staff (0.01% chance), Slime Neutralizer (20% chance).

-Slime Neutralizer: Tool. When it is used, all slimes in the area become neutral for a minute. Slimes will attack the player if they are harmed or are within 5 blocks of the player. Only slimes that are currently on screen are affected by this. This item has a recharge time of 90 seconds and uses 20 mana. (I tried to balance it as to not make the Royal Gel useless.)

Thank you very much for reading my suggestion! I am open to responses and constructive criticism, so let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
So, giant slimes still smaller than rainbow slimes?
Also, slimey chests should just be thr slime chest, those made with slime blocks. Also placed in slime block underground cabins.

So, giant slimes still smaller than rainbow slimes?
Also, slimey chests should just be thr slime chest, those made with slime blocks. Also placed in slime block underground cabins.
Yes, the Giant Slimes are smaller than rainbow slimes. Thank you for bringing up he slime chests, though! I completely forgot about those.

Now the only problems I can see is the banners for the giant slimes, do they all have one for each variety or a collective "Giant slime banner"?
Also the Achievement "Gelatin world tour"? They would seem pretty common, seems like they should be added into the achievement if so.

Now the only problems I can see is the banners for the giant slimes, do they all have one for each variety or a collective "Giant slime banner"?
Also the Achievement "Gelatin world tour"? They would seem pretty common, seems like they should be added into the achievement if so.
Oops! I completely forgot about the banners! Also, I play on mobile, so I'm not used to achievements, but I will add that in too.

This post seems interesting, I like that there should be even more slimes, they are like the representative monster during the day and underground, at least in prehard.
maybe you could add a poll to find out what people who don't speak up think as well. There are people like that.

This post seems interesting, I like that there should be even more slimes, they are like the representative monster during the day and underground, at least in prehard.
maybe you could add a poll to find out what people who don't speak up think as well. There are people like that.
OK, I see your point. I will add a poll to this thread for people to vote on. Thank you for your advice!

The thing with every Slime type spawning is OP only if there should be normal versions on surface or some another special version. But Yes I support

So slimes are everywhere. They are all around us, and seem to come from nowhere. Where do they come from anyways? Well, I intend to make a biome especially for these wonderful beings. Introducing, the Slime Cavern!

Slime caverns are mini biomes about the size of granite/marble caves. They can be found in the Cavern layer. They are mainly made up of Slimestone, which appears to be stone with green ooze coming out of it. In here, you can find Giant Slimes, Slime Chests, and more!

-Slimestone: A new stone found in the Slime Cavern. Can be mined with any pickaxe.
View attachment 190012

-Slimestone Wall: Same as Slimestone, just a wall version of it. Can be broken with any hammer.

-Slime: A new liquid found in the Slime Cavern. It is green and has the same stats as honey, except it gives the player the slimed debuff instead, which now reduces the player's speed. Slime will also triple the spawn rate of slimes within 20 blocks of it. Can be picked up with buckets.
View attachment 190013

-Slimes: All varieties of slimes from the surface and underground (excluding corruption/crimson/biome specific slimes) will spawn here. Other slimes will spawn if the Cavern is overlapping that biome.

-Giant Slimes: Giant Slimes are a new variety of slimes that spawn only in Slime Caverns. They are slightly larger than Dungeon Slimes and have green, orange, and blue varieties. All of the varieties have 100 health, though they all do different damage. Green ones do 25, blue ones do 30 damage, and orange ones do 35 damage. Giant slimes all drop 10-15 gel and have a higher chance to drop the slime staff. They also can drop their own respective banners for each variety. The Gelatin World Tour achievement required each variety of Giant Slime.
View attachment 190010 View attachment 190009 View attachment 190015

-Slime Chests: Slime Chests can now be found in in the Slime Cavern. They contain the same loot of other underground chests, along with a slime statue and a few special items. Special finds: Slime Crown (20% chance), Slime Staff (0.01% chance), Slime Neutralizer (20% chance).

-Slime Neutralizer: Tool. When it is used, all slimes in the area become neutral for a minute. Slimes will attack the player if they are harmed or are within 5 blocks of the player. Only slimes that are currently on screen are affected by this. This item has a recharge time of 90 seconds and uses 20 mana. (I tried to balance it as to not make the Royal Gel useless.)
View attachment 190014

Thank you very much for reading my suggestion! I am open to responses and constructive criticism, so let me know what you think in the comments!
What would make me want to go down the slime cave, what items could i get and about the green ooze, id mix the colours around, but not too much. Maybe some blue, green, sometimes pink, yellow, red, black. All the slime colours?
[doublepost=1515234095,1515234010][/doublepost]
What would make me want to go down the slime cave, what items could i get and about the green ooze, id mix the colours around, but not too much. Maybe some blue, green, sometimes pink, yellow, red, black. All the slime colours?
Nevermind, just read the spoiler things. Still curious about the different colours though.

Back
Top Bottom