PC Slime Staff or Hornet Staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialgaTheTimeLord

Steampunker
Now obviously this isn't normally something you can just choose between, but if you're presented with the opportunity to use either, which one is the best to use? Currently I'm starting a new mage character and I have a bewitching table. I didn't play a lot of pre-hardmode summoner before, nor did I have a Slime Staff pre-hardmode either, so I never compared.

I think Hornet Staff does more damage.

Slime Staff is good for farming coins in Hardmode with the Lucky Coin, though.

Only by one base damage actually. Just did a comparison, and the Hornet's slow, inaccurate projectiles don't seem to make him worth it. Slimes have a more rapid attack, and their high jump seems to make up for their inability to fly.

Depends entirely, You don't always want a slime staff active. Due to the relatively low damage (Helpful early on, Although rather hurtful later), It's possible to "protect" an enemy unintentionally with the slime staff by having it attack at every single instance, Triggering temporary invincibility which makes all other damage sources miss.

Can't tell you how long it took me to actually figure out why I wasn't dealing any damage (Sad I know), The little guy trolling me by dealing a constant stack of 1 damage while my Snowman Cannon is missing 250+ damage shots. :(

Alternatively you could use the Spider Staff, It attacks in roughly the same way but with a higher base damage meaning this problem is less common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom