tModLoader Slime's Stuff

Waasephi🌳

Official Terrarian
icon.png

Slime's Stuff is a content mod that strives to add content all throughout the game.
It Currently has:
5 Bosses
500+ Items
1 Town NPC
20+ Enemies
5 New Ores
2 Biomes

1 New Class: The Spirit Class

This Mod is very WIP and is bound to change

The Spirit Class is very minimal currently but is planned to have its own custom mana as well as additional effects.

Biomes:
The Ruin - A once flourishing ancient civilization now crumbling to dust underground.

The Ruin.png

The Luminescent Lagoon - A collection of caves plagued with glowing parasites causing even the inhabitants to glow.

Luminescent Lagoon.png

Links:​

Discord: Join the Slime's Stuff Discord Server!

Wiki: Slime's Stuff (note: Very outdated currently)

Staff:
Waasephi - Mod creator, Spriter, Coder

Last edited:
Interesting stuff!

1) What is the general location of these biomes in terms of gameplay progression? When are players supposed to be in them, and for what reason? What can they get out of them?

2) What kind of accessories are there? For some reason, that's my favorite part of a mod.

3) What is the Town NPC? What do they do? What attracts them?

Interesting stuff!

1) What is the general location of these biomes in terms of gameplay progression? When are players supposed to be in them, and for what reason? What can they get out of them?

2) What kind of accessories are there? For some reason, that's my favorite part of a mod.

3) What is the Town NPC? What do they do? What attracts them?
Currently both biomes are generally early pre hardmode - late pre hardmode (hardmode content planned to happen), the LL is more geared toward magic/summoner and the ruin is based on throwing.

Only the Ruin has accessories and they buff throwing damage. (Ill make more accessories just for you and not because I wanted to do it anyway)

Town NPC is the Explorer, He sells basic materials to help with farming because some things get kinda grindy at some points, and all you need to do is beat EOC to spawn it.

Thanks for being interested in the mod!

Interesting.
it indeed looks very WIP, but looks pretty promising!
I'm Curious to see more!

Can't see much of the ruins on that picture, but it's probably going to be interesting.
The idea of the lagoon is really nice, like bioluminescent stuff are very cool! But it looks rather plain right now. Maybe you could try adding some vegetation to make it more lively?

Interesting.
it indeed looks very WIP, but looks pretty promising!
I'm Curious to see more!

Can't see much of the ruins on that picture, but it's probably going to be interesting.
The idea of the lagoon is really nice, like bioluminescent stuff are very cool! But it looks rather plain right now. Maybe you could try adding some vegetation to make it more lively?
Yeah I was planning to do vegetation and more stuff like that soon!

This mod seems pretty promising. However, in current state it doesn't look very good for various reasons:
1. This mod isn't coded very well. Pretty much all weapons aren't interesting to use (Most (if not all) sword either are normal swords or shoot vanilla projectiles, most guns just shoot bullets, magic and spirit weapons use vanilla projectiles, bows just shoot arrows). I suggest you make you to code custom projectiles with various effects for example creating explosions or splitting on impact, inflicting debuffs, etc. Boss AI aren't very interesting either. For example Cosmic Slime's AI is just modified King Slime's one. That should be fixed too. If you aren't a good coder, I suggest you to find one, who will help.
2. A lot of sprites in your mod are either not very good or just recolors. There are good ones like Phasite armor or Giant Sand Sifter, and if all textures would be same quality it will be awesome.
3. This mod contains a lot of overused ideas like guns from ore, infinite quivers and pouches, combination of Lava Waders and Frostspark boots, Helmets and weapons form Hardmode ore for throwers, terra versions of bow and gun. In my opinion, this should be erased from your mod because those ideas aren't fun anymore. Also, infinite boss summons from 10 ones sound too OP. Some ideas are nice like biomes, but they can be improved too for example Ruins can have abandoned partly destroyed houses with custom chests and loot, and Luminescent Lagoon can have hardmode content too. Weapons and Armors (I mean set bonuses) can be more interesting too, but I don't have ideas. Lastly, I would suggest making Neonite spawn after Neo Mothership like a meteorite. Because of its brightness, it doesn't look good underground.

All in all, mod has potential, but right now need to be improved by a lot, in my opinion.

This mod seems pretty promising. However, in current state it doesn't look very good for various reasons:
1. This mod isn't coded very well. Pretty much all weapons aren't interesting to use (Most (if not all) sword either are normal swords or shoot vanilla projectiles, most guns just shoot bullets, magic and spirit weapons use vanilla projectiles, bows just shoot arrows). I suggest you make you to code custom projectiles with various effects for example creating explosions or splitting on impact, inflicting debuffs, etc. Boss AI aren't very interesting either. For example Cosmic Slime's AI is just modified King Slime's one. That should be fixed too. If you aren't a good coder, I suggest you to find one, who will help.
2. A lot of sprites in your mod are either not very good or just recolors. There are good ones like Phasite armor or Giant Sand Sifter, and if all textures would be same quality it will be awesome.
3. This mod contains a lot of overused ideas like guns from ore, infinite quivers and pouches, combination of Lava Waders and Frostspark boots, Helmets and weapons form Hardmode ore for throwers, terra versions of bow and gun. In my opinion, this should be erased from your mod because those ideas aren't fun anymore. Also, infinite boss summons from 10 ones sound too OP. Some ideas are nice like biomes, but they can be improved too for example Ruins can have abandoned partly destroyed houses with custom chests and loot, and Luminescent Lagoon can have hardmode content too. Weapons and Armors (I mean set bonuses) can be more interesting too, but I don't have ideas. Lastly, I would suggest making Neonite spawn after Neo Mothership like a meteorite. Because of its brightness, it doesn't look good underground.

All in all, mod has potential, but right now need to be improved by a lot, in my opinion.
I completely agree with all of your points and I also have these issues with my mod... Most of these issues will be solved with getting a coder as I started this mod with 0 coding knowledge and still have very minimal knowledge (dumb on my part but well i just felt like making a mod). I also agree that I do have a lot of overused things... which may be changed if I get better ideas for what to do... as creativity is difficult for me. Thank you very much for letting me know things that I need to work on! (Also next boss has custom ai and stuff so I guess look forward to that?)

Though I didn't checked the mod yet, so by opinion is based only on the screenshots and stuff I seen on that wiki, if you get all of these stuff to work even though you say you can't code, that's pretty amazing.
Sure, they could be better, but did you really get biomes to work and stuff? That's pretty cool!
I can't even properly code a furniture... XD (would be nice if someone would help... XD that's off-topic though)

While I can't really code, but I wouldn't mind helping a bit as far as brainstorming concerned, and I can sprite a bit too.

By the way, the "Luminescent Lagoon" reminded me of Mul Cavern a bit, from the game Phoenotopia. Do you know it? At some point earlier, I tried to fool around with stuff if I can build anything a similar to it. The actual one from the actual game looks better though XD And again, it's not an original idea, but inspired by Phoenotopia, but still. (never mind the character, he's just for building and testing things XD)
Mul Cavern test.png

point being, maybe some vegetation could help turning that cave idea you have into something fancier.

Since the mod is currently in WIP I'm sure you're open to changing/tweaking this, but the Luminescent Lagoon looks a bit, bad. My only gripe is that the blocks in that biome all glow, causing everything to look very flat. Terraria without lighting/shadows is really, really ugly, and by making everything glow you've inadvertently exposed that, it also makes the biome far to easy to explore, as every trap can be seen from a mile away, you're basically playing with a softcore light hack. I'd recommend removing the glow from the "dimmer" blocks, maybe perhaps adding some moss like the vanilla game's Lava Moss to the biome would still allow for the biome to glow, and keep the game looking good.

Everything else looks fairly promising, interested to see where this mod goes.

Though I didn't checked the mod yet, so by opinion is based only on the screenshots and stuff I seen on that wiki, if you get all of these stuff to work even though you say you can't code, that's pretty amazing.
Sure, they could be better, but did you really get biomes to work and stuff? That's pretty cool!
I can't even properly code a furniture... XD (would be nice if someone would help... XD that's off-topic though)

While I can't really code, but I wouldn't mind helping a bit as far as brainstorming concerned, and I can sprite a bit too.

By the way, the "Luminescent Lagoon" reminded me of Mul Cavern a bit, from the game Phoenotopia. Do you know it? At some point earlier, I tried to fool around with stuff if I can build anything a similar to it. The actual one from the actual game looks better though XD And again, it's not an original idea, but inspired by Phoenotopia, but still. (never mind the character, he's just for building and testing things XD)
View attachment 233247

point being, maybe some vegetation could help turning that cave idea you have into something fancier.
I have never heard of that game... is it like terraria? I might try it if it is... either way... I do want to make some vegetation for the LL but as stated... coding is the issue... believe it or not... all I did was sprite for a mod with one of my friends before this. But thanks for the kind words! (If you really want to help sprite I'm completely open to help lol but thats up to you.)

Since the mod is currently in WIP I'm sure you're open to changing/tweaking this, but the Luminescent Lagoon looks a bit, bad. My only gripe is that the blocks in that biome all glow, causing everything to look very flat. Terraria without lighting/shadows is really, really ugly, and by making everything glow you've inadvertently exposed that, it also makes the biome far to easy to explore, as every trap can be seen from a mile away, you're basically playing with a softcore light hack. I'd recommend removing the glow from the "dimmer" blocks, maybe perhaps adding some moss like the vanilla game's Lava Moss to the biome would still allow for the biome to glow, and keep the game looking good.

Everything else looks fairly promising, interested to see where this mod goes.
Thanks for the tip! Never noticed it but yeah I could totally do that.

I have never heard of that game... is it like terraria? I might try it if it is... either way... I do want to make some vegetation for the LL but as stated... coding is the issue... believe it or not... all I did was sprite for a mod with one of my friends before this. But thanks for the kind words! (If you really want to help sprite I'm completely open to help lol but thats up to you.)

I'm not some expert spriter either. I pretty much only sprited those town NPCs and stuff so far, you can see in that mod in my signature XD But I can try, if there is anything I could help with.

As for Phoenotopia, it's similarly a game with pixel graphic, but it doesn't have player building stuff, but a side-view 2D Zelda sorta adventure game. I think it's pretty fun, and the areas looks pretty too, and kinda inspiring for terraria stuff too, I think.

I'm not some expert spriter either. I pretty much only sprited those town NPCs and stuff so far, you can see in that mod in my signature XD But I can try, if there is anything I could help with.

As for Phoenotopia, it's similarly a game with pixel graphic, but it doesn't have player building stuff, but a side-view 2D Zelda sorta adventure game. I think it's pretty fun, and the areas looks pretty too, and kinda inspiring for terraria stuff too, I think.
Ah it does sound pretty neat! And I can't sprite npcs for crap... so if i could get some help that would be lovely!

Ah it does sound pretty neat! And I can't sprite npcs for crap... so if i could get some help that would be lovely!
Sure, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Though making full town NPC spritesheets is kind of a pain XD lol. but we can discuss that too. for start though, I'm fine with creating a sprite for your town NPC. you have 1 in the mod, right? currently he... looks like a recolored tax collector...? what sort of NPC he is? tell more about him, and I will try to make a sprite of him.

Sure, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Though making full town NPC spritesheets is kind of a pain XD lol. but we can discuss that too. for start though, I'm fine with creating a sprite for your town NPC. you have 1 in the mod, right? currently he... looks like a recolored tax collector...? what sort of NPC he is? tell more about him, and I will try to make a sprite of him.
He is the Explorer. His thing is that he sells random materials from around the world (depending on progress) What he should look like is basically an old man kinda dude. Hes also kinda greedy if that adds anything.

He is the Explorer. His thing is that he sells random materials from around the world (depending on progress) What he should look like is basically an old man kinda dude. Hes also kinda greedy if that adds anything.
Hmm... interesting. tell me more. either here, or in private messages. like, what quotes he has, etc. I would like to imagine him more, and then I will try to sprite him later. I have some basic ideas, but I would like to hear more.

Hmm... interesting. tell me more. either here, or in private messages. like, what quotes he has, etc. I would like to imagine him more, and then I will try to sprite him later. I have some basic ideas, but I would like to hear more.
His quotes are:
"That (guides name) over there... He knows a bit too much about this world. Something is up with him. Keep an eye out okay?"
"You wanna buy something? These days I usually just stay around here so I don't have much use for any of it... Yes you still have to pay!"
"You want to know how I got all of this stuff? That's for me to know, and for you to never find out!"
"What is that look you are giving me? No I do not have a hoarding problem!"
"I've traveled all around this land and obtained many an item... Want to take a look?"
"Hey thanks for the home and stuff... What? No I'm not going to give you a discount..."
"Why do I sell a gold coin for 5 gold coins? Because why not?" (yes he does sell a gold coin for 5)
"I don't know why i have all this random stuff... but its fun to collect them none the less!"
That's all his quotes.
So he is a greedy hoarder who is kinda skeptical of other people... if you can figure something out from those that would be awesome!

His quotes are:
"That (guides name) over there... He knows a bit too much about this world. Something is up with him. Keep an eye out okay?"
"You wanna buy something? These days I usually just stay around here so I don't have much use for any of it... Yes you still have to pay!"
"You want to know how I got all of this stuff? That's for me to know, and for you to never find out!"
"What is that look you are giving me? No I do not have a hoarding problem!"
"I've traveled all around this land and obtained many an item... Want to take a look?"
"Hey thanks for the home and stuff... What? No I'm not going to give you a discount..."
"Why do I sell a gold coin for 5 gold coins? Because why not?" (yes he does sell a gold coin for 5)
"I don't know why i have all this random stuff... but its fun to collect them none the less!"
That's all his quotes.
So he is a greedy hoarder who is kinda skeptical of other people... if you can figure something out from those that would be awesome!
I dunno where that 1 gold coin for 5 gold coin idea comes from? XD lol The loot bag dealer does it too, doesn't he? XD Who would buy that from him? XD lol

Anyway, I think he is a bit lacking in personality still, but what I have in mind is something like that sort of archetypical character, like, the aristocrat explorer man who travels around the world collecting stuff because he's greedy and wants fame. a bit of a similar figure like "the professor" in my mod, but while the prof visit places because of curiousity this other sort of explorer does it more because of greed, right? (greed is perfectly natural in Terraria by the way, I think most players have it XD)

So, yeah, something on the line like Baron von Barron/Sam Sinister from some old lego games XD lol

So, something like an older, adventuring (or ex-adventurer) aristocrat. depending on that, he could have either some sort of more formal attire, like top hat and stuff, or a more adventurer sorta attire, like jungle helmet and the like.

I dunno where that 1 gold coin for 5 gold coin idea comes from? XD lol The loot bag dealer does it too, doesn't he? XD Who would buy that from him? XD lol

Anyway, I think he is a bit lacking in personality still, but what I have in mind is something like that sort of archetypical character, like, the aristocrat explorer man who travels around the world collecting stuff because he's greedy and wants fame. a bit of a similar figure like "the professor" in my mod, but while the prof visit places because of curiousity this other sort of explorer does it more because of greed, right? (greed is perfectly natural in Terraria by the way, I think most players have it XD)

So, yeah, something on the line like Baron von Barron/Sam Sinister from some old lego games XD lol

So, something like an older, adventuring (or ex-adventurer) aristocrat. depending on that, he could have either some sort of more formal attire, like top hat and stuff, or a more adventurer sorta attire, like jungle helmet and the like.
Yeah I think he'd have more of a formal attire... just because he is more of an ex-adventurer. But if the jungle armor is easier I think that could still look good.

Yeah I think he'd have more of a formal attire... just because he is more of an ex-adventurer. But if the jungle armor is easier I think that could still look good.
I mean, attire for jungle exploring, not the vanilla jungle armor. but yeah, a formal attire might be better, if he's an ex-adventurer. I will try to make some sprites later.

What stuff he sells exactly by the way?

Back
Top Bottom