Items Slimy Armor, a very early-game summoner set

Matador

Plantera
An early-game armor made by using Gel for people who want to be summoners. (centered around Slime Staff)
If players wanted to start summoning early, they could farm for the Slime Staff (or have someone give it to them :joy:) and with the excess Gel that they got, use it for summoning armor!
Gel is a very easy material to get, so I think this should require a lot of it and some Wooden Armor to 'slimify'.

Slimy Helmet Slimy_Helmet.png
Defense: 2
Increases max minion damage by 3%
Crafted with: 1
Wood_Helmet.png
, 200
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Slimy Breastplate Slimy_Breastplate.png
Defense: 3
Increases max minion damage by 3% and increases max minions
Wood_Breastplate.png
, 300
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Slimy Greaves Slimy_Greaves.png
Defense: 1
Increase max minion damage by 4%
Wood_Greaves.png
, 200
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Set bonus: Slime Staff minion does 75% more damage and increases minion damage by 5%, slimes do not agro you first
With the whole set, you get 6 defense, Slime Staff does about 15 damage (85% bonus), and other minions do +15% more damage.

Last edited:
Why that armor uses that much gel and wooden armor set? In the N Terraria there is a slime armor, crafted with about 150 gel, not one thousant.

Actually, I quite like it, summoners need a set before the queen bee.

slimes do not agro you first
I don't understand what your trying to say here though, do you mean that slimes don't aggro to you like as if you had royal gel equipped?

700 gel isn't easy to get, I tell you.
And why should slimes not attack you? Royal Gel is for that.
75% buff? no. It's early-game, right? Do you know the definition of early-game?
It means that it can be acquired and suits for the start (until you progress to something better).
15% bonus damage? Sounds pretty close to bee armor already. (bee is, idk. 33%)
And I can see you are recycling wooden armor sprites all the time.
15 damage, can hit up to 6 times in one second (in 60 FPS), so that would be a nice 90 DPS.
I suggest changing the bonus a bit.

Its a very good idea, I do think summoners need a better starter armor, but there needs to be some changes to this. I don't think you need the wooden armor, and maybe half the amount of gel you need. I think the slime staff should get a bonus, but not that big. Maybe 15% increased damage for the slime staff, and 10% for the rest. In addition, the set bonus should be another minion, as extra minions are hard to come by.

Actually, I quite like it, summoners need a set before the queen bee.

I don't understand what your trying to say here though, do you mean that slimes don't aggro to you like as if you had royal gel equipped?
I think he means slimes won't go aggro as long as you don't attack them.

Overall a good idea man!

700 gel isn't easy to get, I tell you.
"SLIME IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!"

You will get more than 700 gel.
And why should slimes not attack you? Royal Gel is for that.
Agree with that.

75% buff? no. It's early-game, right? Do you know the definition of early-game?
It means that it can be acquired and suits for the start (until you progress to something better).
15% bonus damage? Sounds pretty close to bee armor already. (bee is, idk. 33%)
And I can see you are recycling wooden armor sprites all the time.
15 damage, can hit up to 6 times in one second (in 60 FPS), so that would be a nice 90 DPS.
I suggest changing the bonus a bit.
I will agree that it's a bit OP, and definitely should be changed.

Of course that 90 DPS only really applies to normal mobs, because against bosses baby slimes don't hit them all that often. So for caving it would be quite OP, but for bossfights it wouldn't be that great.

"SLIME IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!"

You will get more than 700 gel.

Agree with that.

I will agree that it's a bit OP, and definitely should be changed.

Of course that 90 DPS only really applies to normal mobs, because against bosses baby slimes don't hit them all that often. So for caving it would be quite OP, but for bossfights it wouldn't be that great.
I agree on the slime rain, but it is pretty uncommon.
Over 90 DPS on an enemy with 0 defense, but it would work pretty well against queen bee.

An early-game armor made by using Gel for people who want to be summoners. (centered around Slime Staff)
If players wanted to start summoning early, they could farm for the Slime Staff (or have someone give it to them :joy:) and with the excess Gel that they got, use it for summoning armor!
Gel is a very easy material to get, so I think this should require a lot of it and some Wooden Armor to 'slimify'.

Slimy Helmet View attachment 62060
Defense: 2
Increases max minion damage by 3%
Wood_Helmet.png
, 200
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Slimy Breastplate View attachment 62061
Defense: 3
Increases max minion damage by 3% and increases max minions
Wood_Breastplate.png
, 300
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Slimy Greaves View attachment 62062
Defense: 1
Increase max minion damage by 4%
Wood_Greaves.png
, 200
Gel.png

Crafted at:
Iron_Anvil.png
or
Lead_Anvil.png

Set bonus: Slime Staff minion does 75% more damage and increases minion damage by 5%, slimes do not agro you first
With the whole set, you get 6 defense, Slime Staff does about 15 damage (85% bonus), and other minions do +15% more damage.

This set uses 700 gel in it's creation.

Back
Top Bottom