Weapons & Equip Slingshot!

Zyckro

Terrarian
Using wood and cobwebs, create a Slingshot, a fun ranged weapon that uses stone as ammo! The projectile may deal a high base knockback, and would be affected by gravity.

The damage and traits of the weapon would of course be affected by what material the weapon is made out of. For example, enemies hit by projectiles from a Molten Slingshot could suffer the "On Fire!" debuff.

Materials:
  • Wood
  • Platinum/Gold
  • Molten
  • Titanium/Adamantite
  • Shroomite
  • Etc...
In addition to the material the slingshot is made out of, the damage and traits of the projectile could be affected by the ammo. For example, using Marble as ammo could cause the projectile to split into more projectiles (each still affecting the target with the slingshot's debuff/trait) upon hitting an enemy or tile.

Ammo:
  • Stone
  • Marble
  • Granite
  • Ebonstone
  • Crimstone
  • Pearlstone
Since blocks usually can't be placed into the ammo section of the inventory, there are three ideas I have on how ammo would be used for the slingshot.
  1. Using the slingshot will always directly take stone out of the player's inventory.
  2. Stone can be placed into the ammo section directly to prioritize ammo usage as usual.
  3. 1 & 2

This is a simple, fun concept I had for a new ranged weapon in Terraria. The weapon could provide more use to cobwebs while simultaneously allowing player expression of the combinations of slingshots to ammo types. Hopefully you enjoyed taking a look at it!

This is a super cool idea I really hope it gets added in Journey's End. I think it would be cool if different types of stone had different effects like maybe Crimstone caused bleeding, and maybe Sandstone was kind of like a scattershot style because it's not as solid as normal stone or maybe using explosive powder and stone to make explosive ammunition for the slingshot. Gosh darn I hope they add this.

This is a great idea. I love how the stone's would be interchangeable with the different slingshots! Very unique idea.
It'd be cool if someone made a mod out of it, I'd play it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom