Items Slugger

Redstonetam15

Eater of Worlds
Slugs. Glorious giant pieces of lead you shove in your shotgun when you want someone really dead instead of a bunch of people just dead. Why not have them in Terraria?

dce32138-d847-11e7-96b4-6dd706beb708.gif

Slugger
Damage: 72 (Ranged)
Knockback: 8 (Very Strong)
Critical Chance: 8%
Use Time: 44 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 7
Tooltip: fires a single large bullet
Rarity: Light Red
Crafted with: 1
Shotgun.png
Shotgun, 1
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
Illegal Gun Parts, 5
Iron_Bar.png
Iron or
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars

How it Works: The weapon combines the power of a Shotgun blast into one big bullet, sacrificing crowd control ability for pure power. The bullet shot would be double the size of a regular bullet, and all bullets will be converted to slug form, retaining their abilities while doubling in size.
Hope you all like it.

I
This already kind of exists though

It's not like we have multiple versions of many weapons right ? Iron-cobalt-palladium-oricalcum-mythril-thungsten-[...]-sword for exemple. You just love to disagree and then argue with a maximum of topics. I've seen you almost everywhere since you arrived ...

I personally think this weapon is quite cool. Pretty "old school" themed guns like that are interesting. Plus i'm not against another use of this weapon for crafting.

I

It's not like we have multiple versions of many weapons right ? Iron-cobalt-palladium-oricalcum-mythril-thungsten-[...]-sword for exemple. You just love to disagree and then argue with a maximum of topics. I've seen you almost everywhere since you arrived ...

I personally think this weapon is quite cool. Pretty "old school" themed guns like that are interesting. Plus i'm not against another use of this weapon for crafting.
Ore-tiered items are incomparable with unique weaponry.

Ore-tiered items are incomparable with unique weaponry.
By that logic all yoyos from wooden to Cascade shouldn't exist.

Anyways, I really don't see any issues with this suggestion. My only issue is it's in a pretty congested tier, but not a bad idea.

By that logic all yoyos from wooden to Cascade shouldn't exist.

Anyways, I really don't see any issues with this suggestion. My only issue is it's in a pretty congested tier, but not a bad idea.
Those yoyos are a special class of weaponry and in any case pre-hardmode.

So redundancies aren't allowed in hardmode and every weapon should be unique despite the existence of several weapons that are purely just upgrades or sidegrades and many weapons that are nearly identical in usage ie chlorophite partisan and mushroom spear?
The partisan and spear are not remotely similar beyond the most basic connotation of a stabbing weapon. If the existence of any possible necessary weapons is to be held in contempt, I see no purpose in justifying the addition of another.

The partisan and spear are not remotely similar beyond the most basic connotation of a stabbing weapon. If the existence of any possible necessary weapons is to be held in contempt, I see no purpose in justifying the addition of another.

If the partisan and the mushroom spear are not that similar then I don't see why the Onyx blaster and the weapond proposed here are in any cases similar. By this logic every weapons and items in the game are uniques and we can make any number of suggestions we want because they will always be rather unique.

If the partisan and the mushroom spear are not that similar then I don't see why the Onyx blaster and the weapond proposed here are in any cases similar. By this logic every weapons and items in the game are uniques and we can make any number of suggestions we want because they will always be rather unique.
I fail to see the similarities of a larger, very slow spear that fires a number of static damage dealers, and a smaller, very fast spear that fires a moving projectile with (I think?) penetration. As compared to a weapon that fires a large dark crystal, and a weapon that fires a large bullet, to the same end.

I fail to see the similarities of a larger, very slow spear that fires a number of static damage dealers, and a smaller, very fast spear that fires a moving projectile with (I think?) penetration. As compared to a weapon that fires a large dark crystal, and a weapon that fires a large bullet, to the same end.

I still don't think these weapons are as different as you want to show it. The North pole and the ghastly glaiev for exemple "are not remotely similar beyond the most basic connotation of a stabbing weapon", yes. And you forgot about the ony's ability to shot 4 other bullets with his much bigger projectile. In the other hand the Sluger presented here can only fires one. Is this difference big enough for you ?

I still don't think these weapons are as different as you want to show it. The North pole and the ghastly glaiev for exemple "are not remotely similar beyond the most basic connotation of a stabbing weapon", yes. And you forgot about the ony's ability to shot 4 other bullets with his much bigger projectile. In the other hand the Sluger presented here can only fires one. Is this difference big enough for you ?
No, it is not. Accept that and move on.

Back
Top Bottom