Weapons & Equip Small Endgame Summoner Changes

CrazyDragon

Queen Slime
Back when the Moon Lord was added, whips didn't exist, so the Stardust weapons were both made to be minions, and the Moon Lord summon weapons were both sentries. However, the addition of whips makes the endgame for summoners feel somewhat redundant compared to the other classes.

That is why I propose that the Rainbow Crystal Staff (as it is less thematically fitting to the Moon Lord than the Lunar Portal Staff) be given a large reduction in damage, and be made available much earlier. Perhaps it could be crafted with some combination of Crystal Shards, Souls of Light, and maybe Hallowed Bars.

Now, to fill the void left behind by the Rainbow Crystal Staff, the Moon Lord could instead drop a new proper endgame whip, maybe based on his tongue or death ray.

Finally, I also think Stardust Armour could receive an effect that gives a small boost to whip size, maybe 20-30%.

Obviously the summoner class could benefit from some changes to its progression throughout the whole game, but I think even these small changes would help it feel more complete.

(as it is less thematically fitting to the Moon Lord than the Lunar Portal Staff)

Actually fun fact: not counting the Terrarian, Moon Lord drops one rainbow and one space weapon for each class. Meowmere and Star Wrath, Celebration MK2 and SDMG, Last Prism and Lunar Flare, Rainbow Crystal and Lunar Portal.

I agree with your point here though: Moon Lord dropping two sentries is really a disappointment, and Kaleidoscope isn’t necessarily a keepup in the endgame.

Personally I’d move the lunar portal to Martian tier and probably rename/sprite it to fit and replace that with a whip instead, because we already have a rainbow whip and having a weaker lunar portal at martian tier would really help with how overwhelming OOA 3 is.

Back
Top Bottom