Portfolio/Multi-Topic Small numerous complaints.

a31337

Terrarian
Let's get straight to the point.

TLDR:
Reminder: You can now get opposite evil seeds from the Dryad in a graveyard.
  1. No Purple solution in crimson worlds/No Red solution in corruption worlds
  2. No way to create opposite evil furniture without world hopping.
  3. Enchanted Swords unfairly rare to obtain.
  4. Corrupt Slimes spawn Slimelings on death that clip through blocks.
  5. Banners not reducing damage (from Flow Invader and Nebula Floater shots)
  6. Hero's Shield is underwhelming, and maybe combine Ankh/Frozen/Hero's shield into one Champion Shield
  7. Add a way to spawn Corrupt Mimics in Crimson worlds/Crimson Mimics in Corruption worlds.
  8. Master mode's 7th accessory is a fair trade for the absolute hellish gameplay it provides, and it shouldn't be so.
  9. Pumpkin Moon/Frost Moon too hard on Master mode, with end-game gear.
  10. Celebration MK2 underwhelming.
  11. Add a way to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories, and give Classic worlds a way to obtain them too.
  12. [02/07/2020 EDIT] No Terra Blade upgrades before Moon Lord, still powercreeped by Influx Waver.
Full version of complaints with suggestions that could remedy them.
  1. You can now buy Opposite Evil Seeds from the Dryad, by being in the graveyard biome. However, when you do create an artificial biome, the Steampunker does not end up selling the Opposite Evil Solution during Blood Moons/Solar Eclipses. First, why not? Second, why do we have to die to obtain tombstones in Classic and Mediumcore? I'd appreciate if there was a way to obtain them, similarly to NPCs dropping tombstones in Hardcore, or crafting tombstones using ectoplasm for example.

2. The Steampunker doesn't sell the Decay Chamber in Crimson worlds/the Flesh Grinder in Coruption worlds, despite the opposite evil being accessible by everyone. For example, imagine you're playing on a Corruption world. You get Flesh Blocks from the Meat Grinder after setting up an artificial Crimson biome (through the graveyard), but you cannot craft furniture out of it because the Flesh Cloning Vat is unavailable on Corruption worlds.

3. You can now obtain Enchanted Swords through fishing. However, the chance of obtaining one is abysmally low. With 100 FP, you have a 10% of fishing up a crate, and that crate has a 6.67% chance of being a Golden/Titanium crate. Then, that crate has a mere 2% chance of giving you an Enchanted Sword (luck not included in calculation). (additional complaint: mere 6.67% chance of giving you a single Life Crystal). If you were to fish with 100 FP, High Test Fishing Line AND Crate Potion, and were to catch fish every 2 seconds, you would expect to get 1 Enchanted Sword after 125 minutes of fishing. This is a ridiculously long amount of time for an item that only serves its purpose up to Queen Bee and Skeletron, and that is used in a recipe of the best weapon in the game.

4. When Corrupt Slimes die on a 1 block thick platform, the Slimelings it spawns have a chance of falling through that platform. I'm not talking about platforms, by the way, I'm talking about blocks. This might have been in the game before 1.4, I don't really recall.

5. When I was fighting the Stardust Pillar with banners (in master mode), a Flow Invader shot a projectile at me dealing roughly the same amount of damage it would have dealt without his banner, even though the damage should have been halved. This might also be a problem with Nebula Floaters where their shots' damage aren't reduced by banners.

6. Hero's Shield should increase defense by 13, not 7 (or at the very least 10 defense). It feels like I'm wasting Flesh Knuckles by combining it with Paladin's Shield, and the Hero's Shield feels like an overall downgrade to the Frozen Shield. Plus, it's a late game item anyway. If mages or summoners decide to equip the shield alongside Warding accessories, they might get 87 defense in Master mode, but they will be sacrificing tonnes of firepower for that tankiness.
    As a side note, one fellow Discord member commented on how you should be able to combine the three shields (Ankh, Frozen, Hero) into one Champion Shield. I personally think this is a great idea. I won't mind defense being dropped on this shield (can you imagine a shield that grants 17/24 defense?)

7. I will be talking about a Crimson world, you can think about it in terms of the opposite evil, I'm doing it for clarity's sake.
    Anyway. You should be able to spawn Corruption mimics in a Crimson world (maybe by putting Rotten Flesh/Vertebrae with Keys of Night). I know you can do that if you acquire Purple solution, however you can only do that in a Corruption world, because the Steampunker cannot sell Purple solution in a Crimson world. Maybe make her sell Purple solution when she is in a graveyard biome?

8. Master Mode promised a challenge for the tryhards, but even the tryhards find no replayability in Master mode. I know this is something everyone is talking about, and I didn't originally want to put this in, but I realized the main concern that revolts me. You promised no stat changes but added a 7th accessory slot, reserved exclusively for Master Mode. Because of it I feel compelled to go through the hells of 2 taps and Early Hardmode. What should have happened is NPCs stats shouldn't have changed (so, stayed in the x2 multiplier), however Bosses' stats should have (been given the x3 multiplier the NPCs currently have.). Also the Black Spot can cheese the Empress of Light. That isn't a complaint however.

9. How the hell are you supposed to actually fight the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon in Master Mode without dying? The bosses will deal an average of 150 dmg per shot in Master mode, without damage reduction. And you're regularly swarmed by at least 3 of them at any time, past wave 10! Admittedly I've only tested this fight without any potions, on a fully unlocked Journey mode character. I still don't know when I am going to actually start the Pumpkin Moon to acquire the Zenith. (my character is post ML)

10. Celebration MK2 is a great weapon. I find it slightly disappointing that the ultimate rocket launcher's accuracy is abysmal, and its rockets are affected by gravity. I don't really expect this to change, but then I don't really expect myself using it over the Snowman Cannon (when I get my hands on it. I know I just complained about the invasions but I had an overpowered character 3 years ago that constantly used it.)

11. Why not give ways to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories? I'm mostly thinking about Worm Scarf and Brain of Confusion, and maybe Volatile Gelatin with Spore Sac. It seems natural. And to prevent Classic mode players from missing out on it, why not give them an item that allows them to activate x2 damage for a period of time (e.g. 24 minutes) that they can deactivate, but which will grant them Expert exclusive drops?

12. [02/07/2020] When Re-Logic announced a new final sword, I was elated. Finally the Terra Blade is going to shine high again! But the final sword ended up being the combination of our entire journey, instead of a straight upgrade to Terra Blade. Meaning you still have to ditch the sword for the Influx Waver, once you do unlock it. Yet more effort is needed to unlock the Terra blade (you spend nearly the entirety of your journey finding ingredients to craft the sword!) than the Influx Waver (starting off where Terra Blade left off, aka in the Jungle Temple, you go to the outer thirds of the map and wait for a Martian Probe to spawn in, then lure Martian Saucers away until 1 of them drops the Influx Waver. 1 in 6 chance by the way). It'd be cool if you could upgrade the Terra Blade before fighting the Cultists, or maybe directly after Moon Lord with Luminite.
This is it for now. I really love Terraria, and I'm writing this post because I want to see it improve. Sorry if this feels convoluted, this has been done late at night or at morning, whichever you prefer. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

Last edited:
Let's get straight to the point.

TLDR:
Reminder: You can now get opposite evil seeds from the Dryad in a graveyard.
  1. No Purple solution in crimson worlds/No Red solution in corruption worlds
  2. No way to create opposite evil furniture without world hopping.
  3. Enchanted Swords unfairly rare to obtain.
  4. Corrupt Slimes spawn Slimelings on death that clip through blocks.
  5. Banners not reducing damage (from Flow Invader and Nebula Floater shots)
  6. Hero's Shield is underwhelming, and maybe combine Ankh/Frozen/Hero's shield into one Champion Shield
  7. Add a way to spawn Corrupt Mimics in Crimson worlds/Crimson Mimics in Corruption worlds.
  8. Master mode's 7th accessory is a fair trade for the absolute hellish gameplay it provides, and it shouldn't be so.
  9. Pumpkin Moon/Frost Moon too hard on Master mode, with end-game gear.
  10. Celebration MK2 underwhelming.
  11. Add a way to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories, and give Classic worlds a way to obtain them too.
Full version of complaints with suggestions that could remedy them.
  1. You can now buy Opposite Evil Seeds from the Dryad, by being in the graveyard biome. However, when you do create an artificial biome, the Steampunker does not end up selling the Opposite Evil Solution during Blood Moons/Solar Eclipses. First, why not? Second, why do we have to die to obtain tombstones in Classic and Mediumcore? I'd appreciate if there was a way to obtain them, similarly to NPCs dropping tombstones in Hardcore, or crafting tombstones using ectoplasm for example.
  2. The Steampunker doesn't sell the Decay Chamber in Crimson worlds/the Flesh Grinder in Coruption worlds, despite the opposite evil being accessible by everyone. For example, imagine you're playing on a Corruption world. You get Flesh Blocks from the Meat Grinder after setting up an artificial Crimson biome (through the graveyard), but you cannot craft furniture out of it because the Flesh Cloning Vat is unavailable on Corruption worlds.
  3. You can now obtain Enchanted Swords through fishing. However, the chance of obtaining one is abysmally low. With 100 FP, you have a 10% of fishing up a crate, and that crate has a 6.67% chance of being a Golden/Titanium crate. Then, that crate has a mere 2% chance of giving you an Enchanted Sword (luck not included in calculation). (additional complaint: mere 6.67% chance of giving you a single Life Crystal). If you were to fish with 100 FP, High Test Fishing Line AND Crate Potion, and were to catch fish every 2 seconds, you would expect to get 1 Enchanted Sword after 125 minutes of fishing. This is a ridiculously long amount of time for an item that only serves its purpose up to Queen Bee and Skeletron, and that is used in a recipe of the best weapon in the game.
  4. When Corrupt Slimes die on a 1 block thick platform, the Slimelings it spawns have a chance of falling through that platform. I'm not talking about platforms, by the way, I'm talking about blocks. This might have been in the game before 1.4, I don't really recall.
  5. When I was fighting the Stardust Pillar with banners (in master mode), a Flow Invader shot a projectile at me dealing roughly the same amount of damage it would have dealt without his banner, even though the damage should have been halved. This might also be a problem with Nebula Floaters where their shots' damage aren't reduced by banners.
  6. Hero's Shield should increase defense by 13, not 7 (or at the very least 10 defense). It feels like I'm wasting Flesh Knuckles by combining it with Paladin's Shield, and the Hero's Shield feels like an overall downgrade to the Frozen Shield. Plus, it's a late game item anyway. If mages or summoners decide to equip the shield alongside Warding accessories, they might get 87 defense in Master mode, but they will be sacrificing tonnes of firepower for that tankiness.
    As a side note, one fellow Discord member commented on how you should be able to combine the three shields (Ankh, Frozen, Hero) into one Champion Shield. I personally think this is a great idea. I won't mind defense being dropped on this shield (can you imagine a shield that grants 17/24 defense?)
  7. I will be talking about a Crimson world, you can think about it in terms of the opposite evil, I'm doing it for clarity's sake.
    Anyway. You should be able to spawn Corruption mimics in a Crimson world (maybe by putting Rotten Flesh/Vertebrae with Keys of Night). I know you can do that if you acquire Purple solution, however you can only do that in a Corruption world, because the Steampunker cannot sell Purple solution in a Crimson world. Maybe make her sell Purple solution when she is in a graveyard biome?
  8. Master Mode promised a challenge for the tryhards, but even the tryhards find no replayability in Master mode. I know this is something everyone is talking about, and I didn't originally want to put this in, but I realized the main concern that revolts me. You promised no stat changes but added a 7th accessory slot, reserved exclusively for Master Mode. Because of it I feel compelled to go through the hells of 2 taps and Early Hardmode. What should have happened is NPCs stats shouldn't have changed (so, stayed in the x2 multiplier), however Bosses' stats should have (been given the x3 multiplier the NPCs currently have.). Also the Black Spot can cheese the Empress of Light. That isn't a complaint however.
  9. How the hell are you supposed to actually fight the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon in Master Mode without dying? The bosses will deal an average of 150 dmg per shot in Master mode, without damage reduction. And you're regularly swarmed by at least 3 of them at any time, past wave 10! Admittedly I've only tested this fight without any potions, on a fully unlocked Journey mode character. I still don't know when I am going to actually start the Pumpkin Moon to acquire the Zenith. (my character is post ML)
  10. Celebration MK2 is a great weapon. I find it slightly disappointing that the ultimate rocket launcher's accuracy is abysmal, and its rockets are affected by gravity. I don't really expect this to change, but then I don't really expect myself using it over the Snowman Cannon (when I get my hands on it. I know I just complained about the invasions but I had an overpowered character 3 years ago that constantly used it.)
  11. Why not give ways to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories? I'm mostly thinking about Worm Scarf and Brain of Confusion, and maybe Volatile Gelatin with Spore Sac. It seems natural. And to prevent Classic mode players from missing out on it, why not give them an item that allows them to activate x2 damage for a period of time (e.g. 24 minutes) that they can deactivate, but which will grant them Expert exclusive drops?
This is it for now. I really love Terraria, and I'm writing this post because I want to see it improve. Sorry if this feels convoluted, this has been done late at night or at morning, whichever you prefer. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
#3, there are only 1 sword shrine or none in a world, you could also get it from fishing, and the sword shrine is 100% obtainable from them now.
#8 what? what? that made no sense to me, master mode is supposed to be harder.
#9 they made everything harder, and plus it requires skill.
#11 well that really defeats the purpose of expert mode then....
(those are for non full)
#11 well, they have chois=ces to do difficulties, if they want the items, they do expert, etc.

#3, there are only 1 sword shrine or none in a world, you could also get it from fishing, and the sword shrine is 100% obtainable from them now.
#8 what? what? that made no sense to me, master mode is supposed to be harder.
#9 they made everything harder, and plus it requires skill.
#11 well that really defeats the purpose of expert mode then....
(those are for non full)
#11 well, they have chois=ces to do difficulties, if they want the items, they do expert, etc.
3. did you even read the argument? You need to fish for an average of 50 titanium crates to expect to get an enchanted sword. 1 titanium crate takes roughly 150 seconds to catch, presuming you have 100 FP, have drunk a Crate potion, never miss your catch and also catch 1 fish every 2 seconds. The amount of time you need to devote just to get an item that is crucial for crafting the ultimate Terraria sword is bonkers, there's no saying it another way. There is a chance that the shrines you look for might never spawn in your world, which is exactly what happened in mine, and I had to look for randomly generated shrines in the caverns layer with Tedit (of which there were just 2 in a large world, by the way. Good luck trying to find that without cheating!)

8. master mode turns the gameplay into boring, artificially difficult madness that requires you to cheese nearly every single one of your random NPC encounters. the game was not made for this
kind of difficulty. You cannot raise your HP past 600, yet there are enemies that are capable of dealing nearly double that damage! (Sniper rifle against Selenians, for example.) Re-logic knew the gameplay was terrible and instead of revamping or completely removing the gameplay, they decided to double down on their choice of artificially raising the difficulty. You cannot stare at me with a straight face and tell me that fighting 1050 hp, 68% KB resist werewolves during a full moon in early hardmode is entertaining content. On top of that, they decided to add an extra accessory slot to try and balance the gameplay. Meaning that if you want to profit from the 7th accessory slot you will absolutely have to play in master mode.

9. i made the complaint before defeating moon lord and obtaining Zenith. as it turns out, the weapon is capable of absolutely obliterating both moon events with absurd ease, even in master mode.

3. did you even read the argument? You need to fish for an average of 50 titanium crates to expect to get an enchanted sword. 1 titanium crate takes roughly 150 seconds to catch, presuming you have 100 FP, have drunk a Crate potion, never miss your catch and also catch 1 fish every 2 seconds. The amount of time you need to devote just to get an item that is crucial for crafting the ultimate Terraria sword is bonkers, there's no saying it another way. There is a chance that the shrines you look for might never spawn in your world, which is exactly what happened in mine, and I had to look for randomly generated shrines in the caverns layer with Tedit (of which there were just 2 in a large world, by the way. Good luck trying to find that without cheating!)

8. master mode turns the gameplay into boring, artificially difficult madness that requires you to cheese nearly every single one of your random NPC encounters. the game was not made for this
kind of difficulty. You cannot raise your HP past 600, yet there are enemies that are capable of dealing nearly double that damage! (Sniper rifle against Selenians, for example.) Re-logic knew the gameplay was terrible and instead of revamping or completely removing the gameplay, they decided to double down on their choice of artificially raising the difficulty. You cannot stare at me with a straight face and tell me that fighting 1050 hp, 68% KB resist werewolves during a full moon in early hardmode is entertaining content. On top of that, they decided to add an extra accessory slot to try and balance the gameplay. Meaning that if you want to profit from the 7th accessory slot you will absolutely have to play in master mode.

9. i made the complaint before defeating moon lord and obtaining Zenith. as it turns out, the weapon is capable of absolutely obliterating both moon events with absurd ease, even in master mode.
Yes I did, it’s just that I think differently than you do sooooo..... I think like that.

You can now buy Opposite Evil Seeds from the Dryad, by being in the graveyard biome. However, when you do create an artificial biome, the Steampunker does not end up selling the Opposite Evil Solution during Blood Moons/Solar Eclipses. First, why not? Second, why do we have to die to obtain tombstones in Classic and Mediumcore? I'd appreciate if there was a way to obtain them, similarly to NPCs dropping tombstones in Hardcore, or crafting tombstones using ectoplasm for example.
I wouldn't be opposed to any of this.
The Steampunker doesn't sell the Decay Chamber in Crimson worlds/the Flesh Grinder in Coruption worlds, despite the opposite evil being accessible by everyone. For example, imagine you're playing on a Corruption world. You get Flesh Blocks from the Meat Grinder after setting up an artificial Crimson biome (through the graveyard), but you cannot craft furniture out of it because the Flesh Cloning Vat is unavailable on Corruption worlds.
Yes please!
You can now obtain Enchanted Swords through fishing. However, the chance of obtaining one is abysmally low. With 100 FP, you have a 10% of fishing up a crate, and that crate has a 6.67% chance of being a Golden/Titanium crate. Then, that crate has a mere 2% chance of giving you an Enchanted Sword (luck not included in calculation). (additional complaint: mere 6.67% chance of giving you a single Life Crystal). If you were to fish with 100 FP, High Test Fishing Line AND Crate Potion, and were to catch fish every 2 seconds, you would expect to get 1 Enchanted Sword after 125 minutes of fishing. This is a ridiculously long amount of time for an item that only serves its purpose up to Queen Bee and Skeletron, and that is used in a recipe of the best weapon in the game.
Honestly, I like that it's rare, because the zenith would be trivial to get if it wasn't.
Hero's Shield should increase defense by 13, not 7 (or at the very least 10 defense). It feels like I'm wasting Flesh Knuckles by combining it with Paladin's Shield, and the Hero's Shield feels like an overall downgrade to the Frozen Shield. Plus, it's a late game item anyway. If mages or summoners decide to equip the shield alongside Warding accessories, they might get 87 defense in Master mode, but they will be sacrificing tonnes of firepower for that tankiness.
Absolutely. Defense is almost meaningless after Plantera dies, so there's no reason to nerf it in a tinker anyway.
There are so many problems with that. You need two Paladin's Shields for that, and the Ankh Shield is incredibly underpowered for how much it takes to get in it's current state.
Absolutely.
Master Mode promised a challenge for the tryhards, but even the tryhards find no replayability in Master mode. I know this is something everyone is talking about, and I didn't originally want to put this in, but I realized the main concern that revolts me. You promised no stat changes but added a 7th accessory slot, reserved exclusively for Master Mode. Because of it I feel compelled to go through the hells of 2 taps and Early Hardmode. What should have happened is NPCs stats shouldn't have changed (so, stayed in the x2 multiplier), however Bosses' stats should have (been given the x3 multiplier the NPCs currently have.). Also the Black Spot can cheese the Empress of Light. That isn't a complaint however.
Honestly, that's not the reason tryhards find no replayability in Master Mode. The real reason is that you can literally play through expert mode and experience 99% of the content Master Mode has to offer. They should have focused on new attack patterns and AI rather than just use 5 lines of code to artificially buff everything, because as long as enemies just have number buffs, the truly exceptional players have absolutely nothing change for them. A slime that hops in one direction isn't ever going to be hard to kill, no matter how much health you give it. It's going to get tedious at most.

And yes, I dislike Master Mode so much that it's even enough for me to agree with a Calamity lover like Leviathan.
How the hell are you supposed to actually fight the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon in Master Mode without dying? The bosses will deal an average of 150 dmg per shot in Master mode, without damage reduction. And you're regularly swarmed by at least 3 of them at any time, past wave 10! Admittedly I've only tested this fight without any potions, on a fully unlocked Journey mode character. I still don't know when I am going to actually start the Pumpkin Moon to acquire the Zenith. (my character is post ML)
Master Mode is bad design, and this is yet another reason why.
Why not give ways to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories? I'm mostly thinking about Worm Scarf and Brain of Confusion, and maybe Volatile Gelatin with Spore Sac. It seems natural. And to prevent Classic mode players from missing out on it, why not give them an item that allows them to activate x2 damage for a period of time (e.g. 24 minutes) that they can deactivate, but which will grant them Expert exclusive drops?
Because most of those accessories are already incredibly strong top tiers without any other incredibly strong top tier effects overtuning them.

a31337 said:
You can now obtain Enchanted Swords through fishing. However, the chance of obtaining one is abysmally low. With 100 FP, you have a 10% of fishing up a crate, and that crate has a 6.67% chance of being a Golden/Titanium crate. Then, that crate has a mere 2% chance of giving you an Enchanted Sword (luck not included in calculation). (additional complaint: mere 6.67% chance of giving you a single Life Crystal). If you were to fish with 100 FP, High Test Fishing Line AND Crate Potion, and were to catch fish every 2 seconds, you would expect to get 1 Enchanted Sword after 125 minutes of fishing. This is a ridiculously long amount of time for an item that only serves its purpose up to Queen Bee and Skeletron, and that is used in a recipe of the best weapon in the game.
Honestly, I like that it's rare, because the zenith would be trivial to get if it wasn't.

Yes, but that would make the Zenith artificially difficult to obtain, a bit like Master mode is artificially difficult with its raised stat bonuses. Note that you would have to fish for the Enchanted sword for nearly 2 hours, and even then you have a 36% chance of not catching the thing.

a31337 said:
There are so many problems with that. You need two Paladin's Shields for that, and the Ankh Shield is incredibly underpowered for how much it takes to get.

Fair enough. But the Ankh Shield is still a very strong shield, especially for the fact you can obtain it without defeating any of the mech bosses. I had another idea brewing in my mind lately, and I might create a new post about it later. To make it short, I believe Empress should be a mandatory boss post Golem and before Lunatic Cultist, and her defeat should drop "Souls of the Protector", which you could use to craft enhanced versions of your weapons e.g. Terra Blade could be upgraded to the True Terra Blade, possibly the new shield accessory, maybe something with chlorophyte armor or hallowed armor's set bonus crafted into an accessory. This would also align very well in the Terraria lore, knowing that the Hallow is a temporary guardian summoned after the defeat of the World's Guardian. And there will always be a zealot that will try to take advantage of the opportunity to summon an otherworldly creature capable of destroying the world in a moment of crisis. Wink wink nudge nudge.

a31337 said:
Absolutely.

I posted a thread about it in a bug report forum, and one of the staff members claimed that nearly all of the designs concerning the opposite evil, aside from the Decay Chamber, are intentional. That means that, in the developers' eyes, you should have to artificially introduce the underground opposite evil with seeds, instead of spraying it with the clentaminator; same goes for opposite evil mimics. In my opinion, that is disappointing, and they should definitely consider the possibility of the opposite evil solution in a post-Moon Lord world.

a31337 said:
Why not give ways to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories? I'm mostly thinking about Worm Scarf and Brain of Confusion, and maybe Volatile Gelatin with Spore Sac. It seems natural. And to prevent Classic mode players from missing out on it, why not give them an item that allows them to activate x2 damage for a period of time (e.g. 24 minutes) that they can deactivate, but which will grant them Expert exclusive drops?
Because those accessories are already incredibly strong top tiers without any other incredibly strong top tier effects overtuning them.

Sure, but with the Tinkerer's workshop you are capable of turning other, non-expert exclusive accessories into arguably better-than-expert-exclusive accessories. I understand the premise of not touching Expert exclusive accessories, but combining both evils' exclusive accessories just seems too good of an idea to ignore.

Yes, but that would make the Zenith artificially difficult to obtain, a bit like Master mode is artificially difficult with its raised stat bonuses. Note that you would have to fish for the Enchanted sword for nearly 2 hours, and even then you have a 36% chance of not catching the thing.
Fair enough.
Fair enough. But the Ankh Shield is still a very strong shield, especially for the fact you can obtain it without defeating any of the mech bosses.
No it isn't. Literally every debuff it protects you from is either not very threatening, isn't inflicted by any bosses or any truly threatening enemy past that point, or are 90% of the time only going to be encountered while you're farming for the shield. It is way too tedious to obtain for what is minor QoL at the very best. It doesn't protect you from electrified, cursed inferno, distorted, and the like.
I had another idea brewing in my mind lately, and I might create a new post about it later. To make it short, I believe Empress should be a mandatory boss post Golem and before Lunatic Cultist, and her defeat should drop "Souls of the Protector", which you could use to craft enhanced versions of your weapons e.g. Terra Blade could be upgraded to the True Terra Blade, possibly the new shield accessory, maybe something with chlorophyte armor or hallowed armor's set bonus crafted into an accessory. This would also align very well in the Terraria lore, knowing that the Hallow is a temporary guardian summoned after the defeat of the World's Guardian. And there will always be a zealot that will try to take advantage of the opportunity to summon an otherworldly creature capable of destroying the world in a moment of crisis. Wink wink nudge nudge.
I'm not sure that's possible to make without having to update the recipe for everything.
Sure, but with the Tinkerer's workshop you are capable of turning other, non-expert exclusive accessories into arguably better-than-expert-exclusive accessories. I understand the premise of not touching Expert exclusive accessories, but combining both evils' exclusive accessories just seems too good of an idea to ignore.
I'm not sure you realize how game breakingly powerful the Brain of Confusion, Worm Scarf, Shield of Cthulhu, and Winged Insignia are already. They shouldn't be combined with anything. The Worm Scarf is a better Frozen Turtle Shell, a Hardmode accessory, the Brain of Confusion is a better Black Belt, which is already a very good Post Plantera accessory, the Shield of Cthulhu gives the ability to dash, which literally lets you hit top speed in a second and reverse your velocity in an instant, and the Winged insignia basically turns every pair of wings into the Black Spot with a less cumbersome hitbox that's easier to dodge with.

No it isn't. Literally every debuff it protects you from is either not very threatening, isn't inflicted by any bosses or any truly threatening enemy past that point, or are 90% of the time only going to be encountered while you're farming for the shield. It is way too tedious to obtain for what is minor QoL at the very best. It doesn't protect you from electrified, cursed inferno, distorted, and the like.

Trust me, you do not want to wander into the post-Plantera dungeon without the Ankh shield.

I'm not sure that's possible to make without having to update the recipe for everything.

At least it would give a weapon that has a use: defeating the Moon Lord. When you obtain the Zenith you're just doing victory laps and looking back at your achievements throughout your playthrough. If you craft, say, a weapon slightly stronger than the Terra Blade but less powerful than Zenith, it gives you an opportunity to actually try it out against the final boss.

I'm not sure you realize how game breakingly powerful the Brain of Confusion, Worm Scarf, Shield of Cthulhu, and Winged Insignia are already. They shouldn't be combined with anything. The Worm Scarf is a better Frozen Turtle Shell, a Hardmode accessory, the Brain of Confusion is a better Black Belt, which is already a very good Post Plantera accessory, the Shield of Cthulhu gives the ability to dash, which literally lets you hit top speed in a second and reverse your velocity in an instant, and the Winged insignia basically turns every pair of wings into the Black Spot with a less cumbersome hitbox that's easier to dodge with.

Alright, you have a point. Though it was never in my plan to combine the soaring insignia with any wings or accessories in the game, just make a late-game accessory out of the Brain of Confusion and Worm Scarf.

Trust me, you do not want to wander into the post-Plantera dungeon without the Ankh shield.
I do, actually.
  • Necromancers inflict slowed, which does literally nothing to hurt me when I can just grapple or mount.
  • Cursed would be a threatening debuff if the enemies that inflicted it didn't conveniently light themselves up like a christmas tree allowing me to obliterate them before they do anything.
  • Everything else requires I either touch a very obvious spike or just say "hmm today I will let a slow walking enemy slowly walk towards me without hurting it"
Again, not useful and I'd rather just use something that prevents me from getting hit in the first place. It doesn't help against Ragged Casters, Diabolists, Paladins, or Bone Lees, which are all actually threatening.
At least it would give a weapon that has a use: defeating the Moon Lord. When you obtain the Zenith you're just doing victory laps and looking back at your achievements throughout your playthrough. If you craft, say, a weapon slightly stronger than the Terra Blade but less powerful than Zenith, it gives you an opportunity to actually try it out against the final boss.
But what's the point when the pillar weapons already have so many options to choose from? The only time you would ever need that before moon lord would be if you're doing a "one class only" challenge playthrough and don't like pillar weapons for whatever reason.
Alright, you have a point. Though it was never in my plan to combine the soaring insignia with any wings or accessories in the game, just make a late-game accessory out of the Brain of Confusion and Worm Scarf.
Again, they are improved versions of accessories which are already considered really really good. They probably can't be combined with anything unless it's a throwaway like the Panic Necklace or Honeycomb.

I do, actually.
  • Necromancers inflict slowed, which does literally nothing to hurt me when I can just grapple or mount.
  • Cursed would be a threatening debuff if the enemies that inflicted it didn't conveniently light themselves up like a christmas tree allowing me to obliterate them before they do anything.
  • Everything else requires I either touch a very obvious spike or just say "hmm today I will let a slow walking enemy slowly walk towards me without hurting it"
Again, not useful and I'd rather just use something that prevents me from getting hit in the first place. It doesn't help against Ragged Casters, Diabolists, Paladins, or Bone Lees, which are all actually threatening.

Watch out for survivorship bias: you might not notice the effects of the Ankh shield simply because it doesn't look like it's doing anything. Unless of course, you just never go for the Ankh shield and my argument falls apart. Still, it protects you from 11 different debuffs at once. Feral bite is a hell of a debuff, too. You cannot just knock your enemies away and expect them to die instantly, especially in master mode; you can definitely be overwhelmed in the dungeon if you are unlucky or inexperienced. And knockback resistance is pretty neat, even though it can be granted by other accessories now.

What I'm saying is, Ankh shield can definitely save you from some sticky situations. You can never be overprepared.

But what's the point when the pillar weapons already have so many options to choose from? The only time you would ever need that before moon lord would be if you're doing a "one class only" challenge playthrough and don't like pillar weapons for whatever reason.

Mostly because I feel disappointed that Terra Blade doesn't have any upgrades before Moon Lord. I might edit that part in, in the main thread. I appreciate Zenith and think it is a good weapon, but I'm disappointed that the weapon which you collect resources for nearly the entirety of your gameplay gets powercreeped by a weapon that has a 1 in 6 chance of being dropped by the Martian Saucer, and that the Terra Blade doesn't get a chance of being the penultimate melee weapon without having to combine every single sword in the game. Sure, it is unlocked much later in the game, but defeating Golem is insignificant especially seeing how weak he is compared to Plantera. And the pillar's melee choices aren't really swords (but that might be a bias from my part because the Daybreak doesn't have cool sounds, and I've used and reused the Solar Eruption until I got used to it).

Again, they are improved versions of accessories which are already considered really really good. They probably can't be combined with anything unless it's a throwaway like the Panic Necklace or Honeycomb.

So is Celestial Shell (compared to Celestial Stone), Sniper Scope (vs. Destroyer Emblem), Papyrus Scarab (vs. either of the ingredients), Charm of Myths, Star Veil. And if you really do think the accessory would be that overpowered, Re-Logic did add a weapon capable of dealing >20k dmg per second against a single target without any buffs, armor or accessories. And while the Worm scarf and Brain confusion do theoretically raise your HP to 600 individually, so does a lifeforce potion and melee armor.

Last edited:
12 will be fixed in my mod the Galactic Mod.

The Celebration MK2 has to be inaccurate otherwise it would be to OP.

Celebration MK2 is a great weapon. I find it slightly disappointing that the ultimate rocket launcher's accuracy is abysmal, and its rockets are affected by gravity. I don't really expect this to change, but then I don't really expect myself using it over the Snowman Cannon (when I get my hands on it. I know I just complained about the invasions but I had an overpowered character 3 years ago that constantly used it.)

I think you’re sleeping on the MKII a little bit. Although it has a very wide spread, its DPS is incredibly powerful with even just Rocket III.

It’s more of a group slaughterer weapon. Its wide spread and constant rain of rockets makes it incredible for the Pillars, Martians, Moon events and Old One’s Army. Even if you’re using it single target, it can pull its weight decently well. It’s more risky to get into use range with Celebration MKII, but it pays off with quite good DPS even if not all rockets hit, but it really shines if you use it for the Pillars for example. Probably the best group control endgame weapon that isn’t Zenith.

And Snowman Cannon is absolutely not better than Celebration MKII. It’s accuracy can absolutely not bridge the gap in DPS compared to the post-ML weapons, and if you need accuracy against a single target, well that’s SDMG’s niche.

Give it a try, it’s really a better weapon than you’d think.

Back
Top Bottom