Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, but change [this] and I might think different

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOPE. NOPE. SOOO MUCH NOPE.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Bubblez

Terrarian
Looking at the difficulty progression in the 'Old One's Army' brought up quite a few questions for me. Then after playing through the whole event and all its difficulty stages, I noticed that the pre-hard mode version is so specially tailored to very early hard mode, and I found myself being able to easily cleave through the event with minimal gear. For example, on my new playthrough, I had full crimson armour, the tendon bow, the meatball and the fire sentry and was easily able to make it through the event without trouble. However, I noticed that as soon as I got into hard mode, I left the event alone for quite a while until I beat the destroyer and made the megashark. Even with high-velocity bullets I still couldn't pass the 3rd or 4th wave! Mainly because I hadn't made the wise decision to grind up defender metals before I beat a mech boss. I hadn't thought to do this because I was already bored out of my mind about doing the event 5 times prior to hard mode with meteorite gear, which made the event about as difficult as WoF with endgame gear. So I had no choice but to move on (or git gud) But anyways, I propose that 1 or 2 more landmarks be added to curve the flow of the event to the actual difficulty curve of Terraria. These landmarks could be after you defeat the biome-specific boss (BoC or EoW) which would ramp up the number of enemies in each wave, and maybe even add one more enemy type. The second landmark would be around WoF or the transition into hard mode, to give a more enthusiastic time to get a few new sentries or stock up on defender metals, this would probably be the same change as #1 mainly just consisting of more enemy spawns. Anyways, that's my first suggestion I have ever made, give me criticism and critiques down below and vote in the poll above.
Drops mic*

Edit: TL;DR: Better/more difficulty progression to line up better with the actual item/gear flow of the game.

Actually you cannot run the event before EoW or BoC because tavernkeep spawns after killing one of them. Also, the WoF landmark is a bad idea because mech bosses are early hardmode...
However tier 1 is really to ez.

Honestly anyone that has played DD2 would know that this is basically the same as DD2'S chaos trials mode. Once you beat the story you unlock this super hard levels. And each level requires you grind the tier below it until you collect the top level drops. Then you might still not be able to make it easily on you own. (I've had many last wave losses on DD2 or very close wins.
It was done close to that. So it was probably intended.

I don't think it really needs the change. If you do it early, Tier 1 is hard, but by the time you hit hardmode you can grind it fairly easily -- and should, to get a tier 2 sentry ASAP. Likewise for going from Tier 2 to 3.

Back
Top Bottom