Game Mechanics Small Suggestion Saturday: Consumable Mana Crystals, Heart Crystals, Life Fruits, and Demon Hearts!

Do you want these?

• yAYA!!!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • mEH

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • p!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Needs work, please specify.)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • NoPe

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, we all know the mana crystal, heart crystal, life fruit, and demon heart. These four boosters permanently boost our stats to give advantage over enemies. However, they can only be used a certain amount of times. I propose the idea that once the maximum amount of each of these is consumed, they have different effects when consumed.

When a mana crystal is consumed after your mana is maxed out, it will restore 100 mana and give the player mana regeneration for 10 seconds. After consuming, the player will be affected by potion sickness for 30 seconds. These can not be consumed during potion sickness.

After the player has maxed out their health with heart crystals, heart crystals will restore 100 health, along with effecting the player with regeneration for 20 seconds. This applies potion sickness for 60 seconds. Cannot be consumed while potion sickness is active.

Once the players health has been maxed out with life fruit, life fruits will restore 150 health and effect the player with honey regeneration for 10 seconds.
This inflicts potion sickness for 60 seconds. Cannot be consumed while potion sickness is active.

After the player consumes a demon heart to increase their accessories, demon hearts will clear all debuffs(minus potion sickness, mana sickness, Moon Bite, and Chaos State), heal 100 health, restore 100 mana, and increase the damage done by the player by 5% for 20 seconds. These will inflict potion sickness for 60 seconds, but another demon heart cannot be consumed for 5 minutes. (This one may be kind of OP. Let me know in the comments.)

Thanks for reading my small suggestion today! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Personally the restriction on the Demon Hearts to 5 minutes is a bit useless. You want to eat 100 Demon Hearts in one fight? I would cry my eyes out if i had to fight WoF 100 times to regain them all. I would use up 1 to 3 per fight, because killing WoF takes still a few minutes, even counting in the wait for the Guide to respawn.

Id just increase the time of the effects a bit. I think 10 seconds is kinda short for the limited supply of heart crystals in a world. Maybe that's just me tho.

Just letting you know, but Life Crystals can be used for Heart Lanterns. Also, I would say the Demon Hearts are fairly balanced, but maybe make the damage buff last for 1 minute because of how it is Expert-exclusive and how you have to kill the Wall of Flesh to get 1 temporary buff.

I think this is a good idea because I have a lot of life fruits in my modded playthrough and would be helpful if this existed.

I thought the idea was great, and I also think that you should put the maximum 3 consumable hearts, otherwise someone consumes 999.

these mana crystals needs to do mana sickness not potion sickness
True, I’ll fix that

I thought the idea was great, and I also think that you should put the maximum 3 consumable hearts, otherwise someone consumes 999.
I put the cool down on the Demon Hearts so that the player can’t use them for a certain amount of time, but they still have a use afterwards. My point in this suggestion is to give these items a use even after they become redundant. Thanks for the support though!

Back
Top Bottom