Items Small Suggestion Saturday (on a Tuesday): Molten Crates: A new crate for the Underworld!

Do you want Molten Crates?

• Yeas boi.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Maybe boi.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nein boi.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Needs work boi. (Specify.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
well well well look what actually got added
So, we all know that most biomes have their own crate. There is one that I feel still needs one though, that being the Underworld. So, I introduce: The Molten Crate!

Molten Crate.png

The Molten Crate can be fished up at the same rate as any other biome-exclusive crate. It contains items that are found in other crates, along with other exclusive items.

1/2 Chance: Lesser Restoration Potion (1-15,replaces Healing Potions)

1/4 Chance: Inferno/Obsidian Skin/Lifeforce/Teleportation Potion (1-2)

1/5 Chance: Meteorite Bars/Obsidian (10-20)

1/6 Chance: Obsidian Lockbox (1)

1/9 Chance: Hellstone Bars (10-20)

1/10 Chance: Living Fire Blocks (25-50, Hardmode only.)

Obsidian Lock Box.png

The Obsidian Lockbox is basically the same thing as a Gold Lockbox. It can be opened with a Shadow Key, and contains loot from Shadow Chests.

-1/2 Chance: Hellfire Arrows (10-20)

-1/6 Chance: Dark Lance/Flamelash/Flower of Fire/Sunfury/Hellwing Bow.

-1/20 Chance: Lava Charm/Obsidian Rose. In Hardmode, it also drops Magma Stones.

-1/50 Chance: Drax/Brain (Mobile only.)

Thank you @Sigma90 for more ideas for the loot!

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Brain? Like the zombie pet? Kinda is hard to fish when the loot is either dated because you have to use the hardmode pole, or the water keeps going poof?

Brain? Like the zombie pet? Kinda is hard to fish when the loot is either dated because you have to use the hardmode pole, or the water keeps going poof?
You could fish the crates out of water near the Underworld, or you could just soak the Angler quests until you get a Hotline Rod. (I made a suggestion about fixing that too. And yes, the zombie pet brain, even though that’s getting removed.)

The Obsidian Lockboxes should contain the same loot as Shadow Chests. Shadow Keys are reusable, but I don't think that matters too much.

It could be a bit different for ore drops. In normal mode, it has a 25% chance of providing 10-20 Meteorite Bars and Obsidian. In hardmode, it has an 11% chance of dropping the same ores, and/or 10-20 Hellstone Bars. (Numbers from the Wiki for other crates.) In hardmode, there could also be a ~10% chance of providing 25-50 Living Fire Blocks.
Plus the usual coins, bait and potions.

Including the Lava Charm, et al, is a good idea!

P.S.: If you want ideas for other crates, perhaps consider an Ocean Crate (same loot as ocean water chests, can have coralstone blocks) and/or a Desert Crate (pyramid loot). They might have been suggested before.

The Obsidian Lockboxes should contain the same loot as Shadow Chests. Shadow Keys are reusable, but I don't think that matters too much.

It could be a bit different for ore drops. In normal mode, it has a 25% chance of providing 10-20 Meteorite Bars and Obsidian. In hardmode, it has an 11% chance of dropping the same ores, and/or 10-20 Hellstone Bars. (Numbers from the Wiki for other crates.) In hardmode, there could also be a ~10% chance of providing 25-50 Living Fire Blocks.
Plus the usual coins, bait and potions.

Including the Lava Charm, et al, is a good idea!

P.S.: If you want ideas for other crates, perhaps consider an Ocean Crate (same loot as ocean water chests, can have coralstone blocks) and/or a Desert Crate (pyramid loot). They might have been suggested before.
Added to the suggestion!

The idea of fishing up Molten Crates and possibly Shadow Lockboxes is interesting.

It's worth noting that if they contain Hellstone, that would make Hellstone renewable, along with the Shadow Lockbox contents. It would also make getting Hellstone much easier -- even with the Hotline hook, fishing in lava is much easier than digging into the ash underneath said lava.

Last edited:
i don't think that hellstone is that viable post WoF since the three hardmode ores are available almost immediately after. I'd prefer it if the hellstone was in normal crates as well, because hellstone isn't the most difficult thing to get, especially with worlds containing a lava charm and all of the obsidian skin potions spread out in underworld chests and possibly pots (not sure about that one). In any case, making it slightly easier to get hellstone won't exactly break the game, especially if these crates are as rare as other biome crates.

well well well look what's actaully getting added. I'd just updated the thread with new sprites but then I saw that they're actually adding something just like this, so that's pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom