Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: Phantom Bullets and Arrows!

Should this be a ting?

• Yes! Make ting now!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • HmMmMmMm maybeh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs improves (Please specify)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NOPE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, I love the variety between all the different ammunitions in Terraria, but I always wished there was one made from spectre bars. So, I introduce to you: Phantom Bullets and Arrows!

Phantom Bullet.png
Phantom Arrow.png

Phantom arrows and bullets are unique in that when they are shot, they can limitlessly travel through blocks. They do not pierce enemies.

Phantom Bullet:
Phantom Bullet.png
Phantom bullets are crafted with 1 spectre bar and 70 musket balls to make 70 phantom bullets. When shot, they deal 10 damage.

Phantom Arrow:
Phantom Arrow.png
Phantom Arrows are crafted with 1 spectre bar to make 150 phantom arrows. When shot, they deal 15 damage.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I think they're actually somewhat balanced as it is. Maybe make them not pierce, but otherwise I think they're fine. The damage is comparable to other ammo that's available at a similar stage of the game (chlorophyte bullets do 10 damage, chlorophyte arrows do 16).

Last edited:
I support this! But perhaps instead of being created with Spectre Bars, perhaps have it be crafted with Ectoplasm instead as Spectre Bars are kind of a "magic-class bar". It would be like creating Solar Arrows for the Ranged class using solar fragments (a melee resource). You can dismiss my previous comment if you wish to, but that's just my opinion.

Phantom arrows and bullets are unique in that when they are shot, they can limitlessly travel through blocks. They do not pierce enemies.
But a block is stronger than flesh and if the arrow is strong enough to pierce through a block but not an enemy, it wouldn't make sense but again, the physics of the game are already absurd.

But a block is stronger than flesh and if the arrow is strong enough to pierce through a block but not an enemy, it wouldn't make sense but again, the physics of the game are already absurd.
The arrows are basically like ghosts, meaning they can go through blocks uninhibited.

Back
Top Bottom